Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm ze driving! I've got the two doggies with me. I told my husband I'd take them with me so he can have some fun while I'm gone.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Mr. Softie is sitting outside waiting like a crack dealer for all the kids to get off the bus.

I have my money out and I am prepared for Ethan's arrival. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Mr. Softie is sitting outside waiting like a crack dealer for all the kids to get off the bus.

Haha. that's too funny.

I am seriously already checked out at work. Not sure how I'm actually going to get through the next 8 weeks! I should've just cut my losses and quit sooner.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha. that's too funny.

I am seriously already checked out at work. Not sure how I'm actually going to get through the next 8 weeks! I should've just cut my losses and quit sooner.

Ohhhhh so many many ways to kill 8-9 hours in a day and not actually do anything. The most important tool that you can have when you are just killing time is an iPod. Load it up with movies and kill your day 2 hours at a time ;)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Haha. that's too funny.

Ohhhhh so many many ways to kill 8-9 hours in a day and not actually do anything. The most important tool that you can have when you are just killing time is an iPod. Load it up with movies and kill your day 2 hours at a time ;)

I wish I could - I work in a billable hour job, so I have to be able to bill my time somewhere! Which has been difficult as of late, LOL. I have to bill 8 hours a day. I never realized how hard I worked until I started to check out.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

I'm like SapphireDreams, I am waiting to move to the US but I'm still working!

Well I don't have the interview date yet but I have to keep working to keep my status here with a work visa valid until the interview. After that, see ya!!

So days are long at work...

K-1
Oct. 2, 2008 - Sent I-129F to CSC
May 12, 2009 - Interview - Approved
July 28, 2009 - Civil Wedding
Sep. 5, 2009 - Wedding

AOS
Aug. 10, 2009 - AOS/EAD/AP Package received in Chicago
Oct. 27, 2009 - Interview - APPROVED !!
Nov. 06, 2009 - Green Card Received

ROC
Aug. 13, 2011 - ROC Package sent to VSC
May 31, 2012 - ROC - APPROVED !!!
June 11, 2012 - Green Card Received

Naturalization
Mar 21, 2013 - N-400 Package sent to Lewisville,TX
Mar 22, 2013 - Package delivered
Mar 26, 2013 - NOA
Mar 27, 2013 - Check cashed
Apr 09, 2013 - Early Biometrics (Appt scheduled for April 18th)

Jul 10, 2013 - Interview - PASSED

Jul 26, 2013 - Oath Ceremony

Timeline

Well, I was going to make a thread in OT with this lovely youtube video that I found, but then I didn't want to deal with a flame war and being accused of selectively cliping parts of a video to suit my point of view.

But I found the video none the less hilarious. It is of a congresswoman named Michelle Bachmann. She is a real nutjob, and I find her obscene level of paranoia quite entertaining. Here is a clip of a radio interview she did over the weekend. My suggestion is to just pause the video until it buffers past the 2:30 mark and skip ahead to there. That is where her wild delusional paranoia comes in.

enjoy :innocent:

Filed: Timeline

:lol:

Well, I was going to make a thread in OT with this lovely youtube video that I found, but then I didn't want to deal with a flame war and being accused of selectively cliping parts of a video to suit my point of view.

But I found the video none the less hilarious. It is of a congresswoman named Michelle Bachmann. She is a real nutjob, and I find her obscene level of paranoia quite entertaining. Here is a clip of a radio interview she did over the weekend. My suggestion is to just pause the video until it buffers past the 2:30 mark and skip ahead to there. That is where her wild delusional paranoia comes in.

Oh my God. :blink::lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree with Congresswoman Michelle Bachmann on one point she made. You should definitely contact your representatives and voice your displeasure. :whistle:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Michelle Bachmann.. I hear her talking and all I hear is "blah blah blah blah".. I'll have to ask hubby for a translation..

I no get Republican Speak. :blink:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

just wanted to let you know that it really sucks when two slobs get married.. :P:lol:

i am not a complete slob but I am far from a neat freak either.... same with my hubby

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

My wife and I were in a grocery store today and she went off looking for olive oil or whatever. I was sent to look for apple sauce. It's been increasingly difficult to find unsweetened apple sauce lately. So I find unsweetened apple sauce and I call my wife on my cell phone. The following exchange took place:

[ME] "The chicken has been choked. The assault commences in 10 minutes."

[WIFE] "What the...? You do realize I'm only one aisle over, right? You could've just walked over and got me."

[ME] "Yes, but that's what they're expecting us to do!"

[WIFE] "Right. Okay. Why don't you get the apple sauce and meet me in the next aisle."

[ME] "Hmm... fool the enemy. Good idea!"

[WIFE] "Exactly." ::wanders off muttering about weirdos::

Timeline
ya, if ur moving, why bother with hardwood, may help in the resale though, might not though too,lol . I actually enjoy cleaning, so I enjoy my Bissel,lol Use it my cars as well.

Er, can I hire you? I Hate to clean! And the carpets need cleaning. What do you charge? :whistle:

I have been having this weird computer problem since last night..

every time I load up Firefox, I have to login into all my sites.. even though I have clicked "remember me"

I think I downloaded something funky last night while I was trying to do something but now I have no idea how to fix it :(

Since I uploaded the new firefox update a few weeks ago I have had to do the exact same thing - it doesn't remember me. Such a nuisance but I guess I have just got used to it. I couldn't figure out how to correct it either :huh:

I think I finally fixed it... did a search adn this is what I found...

Another possibility is the file that stores cookies may be corrupt. To test this close Firefox, go to your profile folder and rename cookies.sqlite to cookies.tmp

Restart Firefox, log into those sites and then see if it remembers the logins.

you have to restart firefox again after you login to your sites to see if it worked..

http://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_forum...4&forumId=1

it shows here how to get to your profile folder... http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Profiles

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Does anyone know if it's OK that I bring a two-four of beer back with me? I'm crossing Weds morning with my AP, driving back. I'm allowed beer right?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Does anyone know if it's OK that I bring a two-four of beer back with me? I'm crossing Weds morning with my AP, driving back. I'm allowed beer right?

:lol: - what kind of beer are you missing from back home?

I have no idea what the answer is. I presume you can bring back beer, just don't know how much before duty kicks in.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.