Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I would never go to Disney in June/July/August! Smart kid! The crowds and the heat would be too much for me.

We went at the end of September and it was really hot but not crowded so we never really waited in any lines. Actually their whole 'skip the line' pass is AWESOME.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I am really happy. :)

I just wanted to share that with everyone. Spring is in the air and its just a beautiful day and things are all going good.

I'm such a pessimist though, when things are going well I brace for things to fall apart. :lol:

So I am trying my best to enjoy the good and enjoy the now. Baby steps. :P

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I just wanted to share that with everyone. Spring is in the air and its just a beautiful day and things are all going good.

:luv:

Spring is in the air here too. You can't tell by looking around, but it is. Actually you can tell because it rains only overnight now and not as much during the day. Things are subtle here.

Timeline

:luv:

Spring is in the air here too. You can't tell by looking around, but it is. Actually you can tell because it rains only overnight now and not as much during the day. Things are subtle here.

Yes, the leaves have stopped falling non stop here - I guess that's kind of subtle (since the leaves pretty much all stay green) :lol:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I would never go to Disney in June/July/August! Smart kid! The crowds and the heat would be too much for me.

We went at the end of September and it was really hot but not crowded so we never really waited in any lines. Actually their whole 'skip the line' pass is AWESOME.

Yeah, the summer months are definitely too hot for Disney World. Orlando has similar weather to Houston and the very last thing you want to do is stand out in the sun -- and humidity -- for hours on end. If you're looking for an easy way to get on rides, go early in the morning or wait for one of the many parades. What happens is when a parade flows through the park, people line up like lemmings to watch it. I love that, since that means there are fewer people waiting in line to get on rides! :D

Even worse than Disney World in the summer is Las Vegas. It may be a dry heat, but you can literally feel the searing heat radiating from the ground. It's just that bad. Fall and Spring are good times to go, but I'd never go back in the summer.

Timeline

i had the weirdest thing happen today..

I stepped in something kind of gooey on the floor close to the door and I went to wipe it up and it smelled like Vics vapour rub.. the thing is we don't have Vics vapour rub in the house :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I stepped in something kind of gooey on the floor close to the door and I went to wipe it up and it smelled like Vics vapour rub.. the thing is we don't have Vics vapour rub in the house :blink:

That is tres weird. :blink:

Ghosts?

Timeline

Ghosts?

:lol: maybe...

I was thinking that maybe I had it picked it up on my shoe from outside but it was more of a glob on the floor then a smear :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Ghosts?

I was thinking that maybe I had it picked it up on my shoe from outside but it was more of a glob on the floor then a smear :unsure:

Check the outdoor hall for a smear, cause if there isn't one there, then it didn't come from outside.

Your doors locked?

Timeline

Ghosts?

Check the outdoor hall for a smear, cause if there isn't one there, then it didn't come from outside.

Your doors locked?

no, it was just one blob in the middle of the floor

yup, doors locked

I am trying to think of anything in the house that it could be but we don't have anything like that, that has that smell.... but maybe I am just overlooking something :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

so we were thinking of going to Vegas in May but we decided to leave that trip for another time... lodging is inexpensive but the entertainment and gambling is not :P

so we decided to maybe rent a cabin in Big Bear like we did a few years ago.... it is about $180 for one night (depending on the cabin of course) and about $300 for two nights and about $400 for 3 nights.. all you have to bring is food, clothes and yourself... everything else is supplied... and most cabins even have a hot tub...

the hubster said he wants to only stay for 2 nights but I figure why not stay for 3 it is only 100 bucks more....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
so we were thinking of going to Vegas in May but we decided to leave that trip for another time... lodging is inexpensive but the entertainment and gambling is not :P

so we decided to maybe rent a cabin in Big Bear like we did a few years ago.... it is about $180 for one night (depending on the cabin of course) and about $300 for two nights and about $400 for 3 nights.. all you have to bring is food, clothes and yourself... everything else is supplied... and most cabins even have a hot tub...

the hubster said he wants to only stay for 2 nights but I figure why not stay for 3 it is only 100 bucks more....

oh that sounds lovely! I love cabins. <3

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Sounds awesome! :thumbs:

Timeline

hubby says it will probbaly be more peaceful and relaxing then going to Vegas...

we just need to get away.... it has been awhile since we have gone anywhere...

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.