Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I am kind of sad because they leave tomorrow.. I really am going to miss my nephew... It was kind of ok before I met him because I knew he was there but I really didn't think of him as an actual person but now that I have met and fell in love with him it is a lot different now :(

it felt really weird though because his mom let me get close to him but not too close.. sometimes when she saw us bonding she would come rushing over... like one time he was grouchy and wanting attention so I picked him up and he was laying his head on my shoulder .. his mom saw that and came over and called his name and held her arms out and of course he went to her.... :unsure:

Your sister in law sounds a tad insecure. I'd was always happy to play pass the baby at family functions when Ethan was a wee one. It gave me a bit of a break. :P

He is adorable though!

I was like that when we went camping in September with my cousins two kids, they were ADORABLE! Her 4 year old had so much ####### and personality. I even left with a bad case of bambino fever! I wanted a baby so bad for about a week.

Luckily it was just a phase.

Donne moi une poptart!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
My mom and her former coworker get here on the 2nd. Super excited.

Much house left to clean though. Floors need to be washed and one more time with the steam cleaner. Then onto the carport for operation "everything that isn't nailed down is going to the dump".

I'm sure you'll never want for visitors living in HI... Unlike living in CT.. no one wants to come here :whistle:

Your sister in law sounds a tad insecure. I'd was always happy to play pass the baby at family functions when Ethan was a wee one. It gave me a bit of a break. :P

He is adorable though!

I was like that when we went camping in September with my cousins two kids, they were ADORABLE! Her 4 year old had so much ####### and personality. I even left with a bad case of bambino fever! I wanted a baby so bad for about a week.

Luckily it was just a phase.

That made me laugh.. hubby & I are not having kiddos.. but I understand totally those fevers that come and go.. I like the idea.. but not the reality me thinks!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

I don't think I will be having any either, I love kids sooo much! I even took ECE in College when I first had Ethan thinking that I could work with him and raise him at the same time - DID NOT HAPPEN - I got stuck with a bunch of school agers and the four year olds. :lol:

Anyhoo, yea I try to explain the probability of not having more kids to people because all of my friends and family saw me as the type to eventually have a BIG family. They don't understand it. With my husbands career, and my son being 10 and me being the hummingbird I am, I just don't see it happening... annd well, I am not getting ANY younger.

We're getting a Yorkie next summer though. :)

Love kids - Yes

Want kids - Sure!

Having kids - Probably not.

Simple.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Love kids - Yes

Want kids - Sure!

Simple.

love it.. hubby's now 40, I'm rounding 35 and still don't have the "drive" to have kids.. Hubby has 2 children, already so we've already talked about him not really wanting to have "replacement children" (even though he knows they wouldn't be).. anywhoo.. perhaps we'll adopt in 10 years when his kids are older that's what I'm hoping for.. Childbirth scares the bejeebers outta me.. we'll see!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

and I know thats confusing because a few months ago Mike said he would like kids eventually but he flip flops on the idea so much it leads to me to believe he's unsure.

Here's the thing, I was a single mother for about 4 years. I thought my sons father was the right guy, and he totally was until I had a child with him and then he wasn't so right anymore. Which is fine with me, no hard feelings there. Some guys aren't cut out for fatherhood.

But I guess with the way Mike flip flops I think he's unsure and therefore I am honestly afraid to have children and then have it probably end the way my last relationship ended. I appreciate his honesty in not knowing and being unsure, because my sons father wasn't that way at all, he acted like he wanted this and that we'd make it and everything would be okay. Oh the things we believe when we're young and naive.

I just think some things are best left the way they are. We are the way we are.

Makes sense? I hope so.

Love kids - Yes

Want kids - Sure!

Simple.

love it.. hubby's now 40, I'm rounding 35 and still don't have the "drive" to have kids.. Hubby has 2 children, already so we've already talked about him not really wanting to have "replacement children" (even though he knows they wouldn't be).. anywhoo.. perhaps we'll adopt in 10 years when his kids are older that's what I'm hoping for.. Childbirth scares the bejeebers outta me.. we'll see!

Had ethan all natural without any pain killers, childbirth scares me too! They say you forget the pain.. HELL NO! I won't forget it EVER!!! :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I just think some things are best left the way they are. We are the way we are.

Makes sense? I hope so.

Had ethan all natural without any pain killers, childbirth scares me too! They say you forget the pain.. HELL NO! I won't forget it EVER!!! :lol:

My BFF had a kiddo at 18 and she was a mess.. it scared me to DEATH... I was there for most everything.. best birth control I know that! :lol:

'nway.. I agree.. I think we're best left the way we are for now.. it may change.. of course.. but we know this is what we need for now!

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
Good morning everyone!

We have a lovely 18 degrees here in Central Florida this morning :)

-2 and snowy here in CT :) It's going to be a "near" blizzard this afternoon apparently.. what's a near blizzard anyway? :blink:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all, here's the coffee

2233817436_3f20abe7df.jpg

and for the die hard coffee drinker

244478702_0c91e8d2c3.jpg

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
ok so my SIL was super nice and brought me MR Big bars.... and I have had two already :whistle: well the first one I shared with my hubby... well today I had one and a little while later my SIL asks if I have any other chocolate in the house and I say not really and then asked if she meant besides the Mr Big bars and she said yeah.. so then I said she could have one if she wanted.. totally thinking that she would say, "no those are for you" or something but no.. she goes and gets one :blink: I really don't mind just found that odd..

Marilyn, just spotted this in the grocery thread and i'm thinking - it sounds to me like you have a case of 'Sister syndrome' :lol:

I call Sister syndrome that thing that is between brother's and sister's. I don't have any brothers - but I have seen this with other people (and my Husband has 2 Sisters).

I think it must be very hard when a Brother gets married, Brothers are protectors and they are always (usually) there for their Sisters and then they up and marry some woman and the Sister takes a back seat!

I just noticed when you talk about her, like about the getting up to help clean up etc - that you never mention your Brother and when I asked if he helps you said no - but he is never mentioned.

Could be completely off base of course, I just find the Sister syndrome interesting!

Almost another Haiku!

:star:

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
ok so my SIL was super nice and brought me MR Big bars.... and I have had two already :whistle: well the first one I shared with my hubby... well today I had one and a little while later my SIL asks if I have any other chocolate in the house and I say not really and then asked if she meant besides the Mr Big bars and she said yeah.. so then I said she could have one if she wanted.. totally thinking that she would say, "no those are for you" or something but no.. she goes and gets one :blink: I really don't mind just found that odd..

Marilyn, just spotted this in the grocery thread and i'm thinking - it sounds to me like you have a case of 'Sister syndrome' :lol:

I call Sister syndrome that thing that is between brother's and sister's. I don't have any brothers - but I have seen this with other people (and my Husband has 2 Sisters).

I think it must be very hard when a Brother gets married, Brothers are protectors and they are always (usually) there for their Sisters and then they up and marry some woman and the Sister takes a back seat!

I just noticed when you talk about her, like about the getting up to help clean up etc - that you never mention your Brother and when I asked if he helps you said no - but he is never mentioned.

Could be completely off base of course, I just find the Sister syndrome interesting!

well my brother is my brother :P... my hubby never helps me clean up either :P it is more then the cleaning up thing with her though.. she complained about every place we went to eat... etc... and she is very picky whereas my brother is more easy-going...

I just go back from dropping them off at the airport :( I started crying and just gave them a quick goodbye.. and when I got back I texted them that I had made it home and she asked why I was crying and I said because I was going to miss my nephew and she said "ok, I just wasn't sure that was why you were crying"... why else would I cry?? :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.