Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a 3 year old nephew and I'm ALL for DVD players in the car. Seriously, at the end of a long day when all you want is peace and quiet, it is an absolute lifesaver, even just for 15 minutes. There will be other days to bond and play games... And, I find he goes through phases, sometimes he wants to watch his DVDs and sometimes he likes music.

Anyways, after being around my nephew and babysitting him all the time, I am all for playing games and imagination, but sometimes it's time for us to watch Cars, haha.

I was an absolute devil child and my fiance was an absolute angel, so I'm very interested to see what kind of personalities my kids have!!!!

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
So how was the house viewing, Trailmix? :lol:

Well! She did actually go there, however I had mentioned in my original email back that I noticed it did not mention heat or airconditioning in the listing. She was not able to establish if it has that - so she is going back to check with the realtor.

What appears to be happening here is that people know that the banks (not all but some) won't finance without heat/aircon - so they rip them out.

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
Well! She did actually go there, however I had mentioned in my original email back that I noticed it did not mention heat or airconditioning in the listing. She was not able to establish if it has that - so she is going back to check with the realtor.

What appears to be happening here is that people know that the banks won't finance without heat/aircon - so they rip them out.

Are you SERIOUS?!! :o

iagree.gif

Timeline

What appears to be happening here is that people know that the banks won't finance without heat/aircon - so they rip them out.

Are you SERIOUS?!! :o

Well when I saw the first one with no heat/aircon I thought hmm, maybe people rip them out and sell them. But then there was another house she told me about with none. There is also folklore that people can't get FHA loans if there is no stove....so they take the appliances out.

I spotted a listing the other day and the house was gutted - so now that is the second one I have seen where everything is gone.

I'm just supposing this...but there does seem to be a pattern developing here.

Timeline
Do you sometimes wonder if you're actually living in the US or in some kind of 3rd (4th?) world country?

2nd those thoughts. :blink:

Timeline

I called Chris to remind him to call the landlord to give our notice that we'd be moving out next month. So he called her. And he called me back and asked if it was okay to leave that kind of message on the voicemail. He said he felt like he was breaking up and taking the easy way out. I had to spend the past 20 minutes making him feel better that she's probably better of anyways and who knows the next renter may be the one, and how he wasn't getting what he needed out of this rental. I told him I'd help him write a nice thank you note to go with the last months rent cheque.

I really felt like saying - grow some balls, we've been overpaying rent for the past 6 months and the house is full of mold from the leaking roof, and went without a washing machine for a month. But I was nice today. I didn't say that.

I'll say that tomorrow. :lol:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
I called Chris to remind him to call the landlord to give our notice that we'd be moving out next month. So he called her. And he called me back and asked if it was okay to leave that kind of message on the voicemail. He said he felt like he was breaking up and taking the easy way out. I had to spend the past 20 minutes making him feel better that she's probably better of anyways and who knows the next renter may be the one, and how he wasn't getting what he needed out of this rental. I told him I'd help him write a nice thank you note to go with the last months rent cheque.

I really felt like saying - grow some balls, we've been overpaying rent for the past 6 months and the house is full of mold from the leaking roof, and went without a washing machine for a month. But I was nice today. I didn't say that.

I'll say that tomorrow. :lol:

:lol: tell him it could be worse, he could have done it by text message :lol:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not sure if anybody saw it earlier but I posted a few days ago about a fatal shooting that happened in our neighborhood last week... I was just looking up updates and I found an article that kind of makes me really scared... I didn't know it was that bad here...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2790681

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
Kids can be your worst nightmare. Jill, if you plan on having any beware the mother's curse. ("I hope you grow up to have kids just like you.") It never fails. :lol:

Ahhhhh!! I know my mother has said that many times, especially if they are redheads! I don't know if there is real fact to this but redheads have a fiery temper, I do :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline
I am not sure if anybody saw it earlier but I posted a few days ago about a fatal shooting that happened in our neighborhood last week... I was just looking up updates and I found an article that kind of makes me really scared... I didn't know it was that bad here...

:o Are you thinking of moving to a better neighborhood, if it's bad.... Is it near Inglewood

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

:o Are you thinking of moving to a better neighborhood, if it's bad.... Is it near Inglewood

yeah we have been planning to move by the beginning of next year but after this I want to move now.. but we have some bills and stuff to take care before we can move....

no, it isn't near Inglewood... it is about 30 miles from there...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.