Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It doesnt look too bad. I like the arched doorways. Would prefer to have a garage myself...the little patch of grass in the middle of the driveway strikes me as odd because it appears like the rest of the drive is paved. *shrug* Its good that you are reading the reports. Has there been any inspections on the house lately that you can refer to as well?

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline

Holy Ken cracks me up... like honestly!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
It doesnt look too bad. I like the arched doorways. Would prefer to have a garage myself...the little patch of grass in the middle of the driveway strikes me as odd because it appears like the rest of the drive is paved. *shrug* Its good that you are reading the reports. Has there been any inspections on the house lately that you can refer to as well?

Yes, no garage, but I suppose we could always convert it back - or build a carport. This is a bank owned forclosure, so no property reports etc - so we will be getting our own inspection done - if we decide we want it.

Has anyone here had a house inspection done - know of a good company?

Filed: Timeline
I thought this coffee picture was rather Spring-like. Enjoy your day!

:lol: I like that pic!

Today my boss approved for me to go on vacation the first week of May to the Dominican Republic! Ahh some great news for a change!

Holy moly! That's awesome, Treble! Can't wait to see the pics. :dance:

I'm heading off back to the land of palm trees and coconuts in a few minutes.

Have a safe flight, Cat. Hope you get a better seat this time. Your good deeds will be rewarded. Karma baby. lol

So I skim read the 10 pages - that was slightly interesting and yet boring. This is the house, around 1500 sq ft, about 2.5 blocks from a main street - which is mostly commercial (ie motels, restaurants etc etc) umm, needs a bit of work, flooring, paint, clean up, nothing too bad. 3 bdrms, 1.5 baths.

Low-ball the offer if you go for it, Trailmix. Don't forget to check the city stats/census information. I hear you can also call the local police department and get a report on any crimes in the area. Good luck!

Holy Ken cracks me up... like honestly!

:unsure:

Has anyone here had a house inspection done - know of a good company?

Oh! I have a great one! Let me look him up and I'll send you the information.

Okay, gotta run. I am now two hours behind schedule on things I had to get done today and I haven't even showered yet! :o

My inlaws are arriving this week for a visit.... yay.... and I must prepare. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline
housefront.jpg

houselivingroom.jpg

I like the house. I think it looks cozy. I am partial to tile floors also. So much easier to upkeep, and if you have pets, helps with the hair. I like the yard, its so bright and happy looking.

Good morning everyone! Well, the plumber was over yesterday and fixed our plumbing issue for $150.00. The parts which we purchased, were $35.00. The first guy that came said parts cost $335.00. Yeah right! Well, glad that's done for now. He also does electrical work, so we'll definitely keep his name and number for other issues should they come up. Word of mouth is the best advertising!

I really like those pictures you posted trailmix. I think that place looks like it has so much potential! It looks like a lot of grass in the front...how big is the backyard? Is there a patio or deck in the back? I don't know that you'd need a garage...a carport could do just as well, especially in Florida. Sometimes converted garages make for an excellent sunroom!

Very warm here again today, however there are some major storms moving in for late this afternoon and evening with strong winds. Hope it's not too bad.

Enjoy your day everyone!

CoffeInRondaSpain1024.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Mmmm, yum. That coffee looks really good. I feel like we should be drinking it at an outdoor bistro in Europe though. lol

Wait a minute. Is that house pink? With dusty rose accents? Trailmix, get them to throw in a new paint job. Unless you like that colour. Then it's really nice. :blink:

Well, today I am going to the hairdresser and then to a Pampered Chef party at my friend's fine wine store. She's told me to come early and is bribing me with promises of lots of wine. It worked. :lol: I hope I don't see anything I like. I'm a sucker for kitchen stuff. Makes me all tingly inside. :blush:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Ahem.. I would like to announce it's a raging snow storm outside on PEI today :lol:

Morning all!!!

I like the house too Trailmix!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Morning Yall. Gosh it's still cold out. This is unseasonably cold for New Jersey!

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning. had some storm go thru here last night, has it reached you yet, carla?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Mmmm, yum. That coffee looks really good. I feel like we should be drinking it at an outdoor bistro in Europe though. lol

Wait a minute. Is that house pink? With dusty rose accents? Trailmix, get them to throw in a new paint job. Unless you like that colour. Then it's really nice. :blink:

Well, today I am going to the hairdresser and then to a Pampered Chef party at my friend's fine wine store. She's told me to come early and is bribing me with promises of lots of wine. It worked. :lol: I hope I don't see anything I like. I'm a sucker for kitchen stuff. Makes me all tingly inside. :blush:

Wine and a pampered chef party, ok well come back and tell us about all the stuff you buy :hehe:

Is the house pink - I don't think so but I actually have no idea :lol: - oh I just asked Mike and he said kind of? = we don't know.

And Carla it has quite a big-ish back yard, completely privacy fenced and a patio, which hasn't been screened in yet, but we would do that. In the back yard, right in the middle is a HUGE shade tree - it's quite pretty back there.

Good morning!

Haha to PEI. :lol: Except I love snowstorms. :luv:

I have the strangest craving for Cocoa Puffs. :blink: So I am having Canadian Cheez Whiz on toast done under the broiler. Yummy yummy in my tummy. Must add Cocoa Puffs to my grocery list. :lol:

I've put Cheez Whiz on my toast, and it gets all melty, but never put it in the broiler. Mmmmm I'll have to try that!

good morning. had some storm go thru here last night, has it reached you yet, carla?

Not yet charles...it's supposed to be by us by about 4 pm. Very high winds, lightening, thunderstorms, and 2 " of rain!

Wine and a pampered chef party, ok well come back and tell us about all the stuff you buy :hehe:

Is the house pink - I don't think so but I actually have no idea :lol: - oh I just asked Mike and he said kind of? = we don't know.

And Carla it has quite a big-ish back yard, completely privacy fenced and a patio, which hasn't been screened in yet, but we would do that. In the back yard, right in the middle is a HUGE shade tree - it's quite pretty back there.

Good morning!

That backyard sounds great! Lots of grass to cut...does Mike like cutting grass? :hehe: Or maybe you do the grass? It does sound lovely though...I'm liking this place more and more! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
I like the house. I think it looks cozy. I am partial to tile floors also. So much easier to upkeep, and if you have pets, helps with the hair. I like the yard, its so bright and happy looking.

I agree MrsCat - do you have tile floors in your place?

Carla - umm we don't do grass really :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.