Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

Good morning! I am being a bad girl today...... I skipped church. :lol:

:cry: I'm in agony today everyone.. feeling like a truck ran over me a couple of times.. spent all night throwing up and now I have the runs.. I HATE the flu. now my bones are aching :(

Oh noooooooo. I'm so sorry you're so sick. :( I'm glad you are feeling better today. Gosh, you know what? I haven't had the flu or a cold in the longest longest time. *knock on wood* When I was working in an office I always dreaded whenever someone would get sick and come in to work anyway..... like they're a big hero or something. Because, sure enough, the rest of us in the office would all start dropping like flies with the same thing. If anyone sick ever came to my office I would tell them "Don't come any further and don't touch me." :lol::blush:

I am pathetically addicted to the bad girls club. :(

:unsure:

I'm very happy today.... Glen presented me with the most beautiful "engagement" ring... yes I know it's backwards LOL, but with the cost of immigration and the move he wasn't able at the time to propose with a ring. We knew all along we were going to get married, so we did! I just didn't actually have an engagement ring. I wore my Gran's ring but it's very old and worn so I don't wear it really, plus it's too big. So anyway, today I was out all day and when I came home, he surprised me! There were roses (F) all over the bed, candles on the dresser, and little cardboard hearts he cut out. In the centre was a box, with a ring inside! Oh and champange too! I was thrilled, I just didn't expect it but I am really happy (L) Here's a few pics. We just got home from a romantic dinner

Ohmygosh, Jill! I just got all teary-eyed! What a beautiful ring and what a sweet, romantic, surprise. That is awesome. Congratulations!!!!

He picked out a very pretty ring for you. Tell him we approve :D

:lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks everyone! I am so happy, I forgot to say something which I wanted to originally. The thing that makes me so happy is that Glen could have put a ring on his CC like a year ago. But he is so financially responsible, which I love. He never charges anything, and if he does it's paid off ASAP. His attitude is if you can't pay cash for it, don't buy it. Obviously not meaning like a car or house but other purchases that are deemed "not necessary" like clothes, jewels, etc. So he saved up for awhile for the special ring, and paid cash for it. That's what I love about him and makes me proud, is his financial smartness. I'd prefer it be paid off than put on plastic LOL. I never cared about the "ring" because I was with the man I love and that's all that matters. But now, I'm super happy to have it :lol:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Thanks everyone! I am so happy, I forgot to say something which I wanted to originally. The thing that makes me so happy is that Glen could have put a ring on his CC like a year ago. But he is so financially responsible, which I love. He never charges anything, and if he does it's paid off ASAP. His attitude is if you can't pay cash for it, don't buy it. Obviously not meaning like a car or house but other purchases that are deemed "not necessary" like clothes, jewels, etc. So he saved up for awhile for the special ring, and paid cash for it. That's what I love about him and makes me proud, is his financial smartness. I'd prefer it be paid off than put on plastic LOL. I never cared about the "ring" because I was with the man I love and that's all that matters. But now, I'm super happy to have it :lol:

wtg Glen!! Really - that is smart :thumbs:

:o

And yet you have easter ducks in your signature!

That is awesome. He's a keeper. :thumbs: I think we need an approval stamp. Here we go:

approved.jpg

:o

And yet you have easter ducks in your signature!

:lol: I wish I could think of a witty response to this but I have my brains switched off at the moment. But I'm going to hate it, later, when I do come up with something brilliant and it will be too late to use it. lol

iagree.gif

Timeline
:lol: I wish I could think of a witty response to this but I have my brains switched off at the moment. But I'm going to hate it, later, when I do come up with something brilliant and it will be too late to use it. lol

I could repeat my comment later, like around dinner time perhaps? :hehe:

I have houses on my mind so i'm getting up early - we saw 4 yesterday, well three really since we didn't bother to get out of the car for 1 - seriously - the agent didn't realize it was on 'that end' of the road - which was right beside - and I mean RIGHT beside the highway!

I could repeat my comment later, like around dinner time perhaps? :hehe:

:lol:

I have houses on my mind so i'm getting up early - we saw 4 yesterday, well three really since we didn't bother to get out of the car for 1 - seriously - the agent didn't realize it was on 'that end' of the road - which was right beside - and I mean RIGHT beside the highway!

OMG, that totally reminds me of the time I went house-hunting in Canada. The realtor and I were really excited to see this one place in a fabulous area...... we pulled up, I took one look at the place, and said "Let's go." She said "Oh, come on. At least let's take a look inside." So we went inside and practically ran through the rooms and basement, it was so bad. And I mean crackhouse bad. Another realtor and his client had pulled in for a viewing right after us. We told them we wouldn't be long. I think we did it in less than 3 minutes and came out HOWLING. The guys looked at us funny before they went inside because they didn't understand what was so funny. I almost wanted to go back in with them to see their reactions. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so I listed some items for sale on Ebay today and I got two emails from the same guy asking for the price of two different items... I don't have a "buy it now" price on these items, I do have a reserve price though but I don't think I should tell him what he wants to know.. what do you all think ?

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

i responded and told him I was only interested in selling through Ebay and he responded with "me to, it is called, Buy it now" but I told him that I don't have that option yet.. which he would have been able to see from the page :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Em, I'm so sorry you are fighting the flu - not fun at all. Hurry up and feel better soon.,

Jill - a romantic and a responsible, practical man? Wow - he is definitely a keeper. I kept saying "aww, how sweet' reading your story. It really is. I know what you mean about the ring - it is fine not to have one, but it still feels so nice when you do get one:-).

I have the practical, responsible sort of husband - but he tries to be romantic every now and then. When I first came down for a visit he met me at the airport then said we had to go right over to Sam's so he could buy me a dozen roses, hehehehe. He didn't go and buy them ahead of time but waited until I could choose the right colour. See - trying to be romantic and definitely practical! It was very sweet and kind of funny all at the same time.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Good morning everyone! Hope you had a great weekend. A plumber told us we had an enormous job on our hands, left us with an estimate of $500.00 and had Gene so ticked off on Friday! We called another guy, and he's coming by to fix it today for $150.00, and we bought the parts.

I thought this coffee picture was rather Spring-like. Enjoy your day!

2652861501_7ab8d0901e.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

plumbers can be $$$ We called roto rootor, and they wanted $600 to hook up our kitchen sink (just had granite counter tops,and new sink installed) used Craigslist, and a guy did it for $70,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Morning all.. thanks for the well wishes.. I do feel better this morning.. completely drained.. need to get calories in me today, but I feel much better than the weekend. I have an amazing hubby who doted on me all weekend long :luv:

GLAD you got that 2nd opinion Carla!! woah.. what a difference!

Katheryn I love that story about the roses.. my hubby would do the same thing!!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.