Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Canadians invented a lot of things already :P

damn, I should have said "ever hear of basketball?"

So yesterday I was at the dentist to have my tooth pulled (my root canal failed). :crying:

Anyways, the dentist asks where I'm from so I say Canada. And the whole 30 minutes he rants about communist Canada, how horrible our healthcare system is, how we'll never invent anything because there's no incentive, and how the US is headed in that direction now under Obama.

What the heck do you do when you've got a needle in your mouth and a pair of pliers?! :lol:

It was the weirdest dental experience in my life.

Really.. I think I would have told the guy where he could stuff his dental practice.. :whistle:

Does he not get the fact that that MIGHT be offensive? :wacko:

He flies in once a month from Oahu to do extractions that the dentists don't want to do. He was just so weird. If he hadn't actually been skillful, I would have wondered if a hobo walked in off the street and was pretending to be a dentist.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Bermuda
Timeline
So yesterday I was at the dentist to have my tooth pulled (my root canal failed). :crying:

Anyways, the dentist asks where I'm from so I say Canada. And the whole 30 minutes he rants about communist Canada, how horrible our healthcare system is, how we'll never invent anything because there's no incentive, and how the US is headed in that direction now under Obama.

What the heck do you do when you've got a needle in your mouth and a pair of pliers?! :lol:

It was the weirdest dental experience in my life.

If it makes you feel any better, my doctor and I just ranted about how horrible the health care system was in America and how he is sickened by attitudes of Americans about the poor and needy. He's originally from Ireland but has many friends living in Ontario. He couldn't believe that Phil hadn't wanted to move to Canada.

~ Catherine

Timeline
If it makes you feel any better, my doctor and I just ranted about how horrible the health care system was in America and how he is sickened by attitudes of Americans about the poor and needy. He's originally from Ireland but has many friends living in Ontario. He couldn't believe that Phil hadn't wanted to move to Canada.

~ Catherine

What's wrong with people these days? :wacko:

I almost forgot to post, I passed my drivers license exam yesterday. Woot. I barely passed. But it was a pass. Thank goodness I only had to take the written exam, I know I definitely would have failed the road test. :dance:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

~ Catherine

What's wrong with people these days? :wacko:

I almost forgot to post, I passed my drivers license exam yesterday. Woot. I barely passed. But it was a pass. Thank goodness I only had to take the written exam, I know I definitely would have failed the road test. :dance:

Congrats! I think thats about the only thing I'm really worried about with my car import, cuz in CA it appears I am going to have to take the road test.... I hate how picky they are on those stupid things, I got dinged for not looking at an intersection because I didnt move my head, just my eyes, so the testing dude said I didnt do it at all. *sigh*

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline
3 hours before I leave for the airport.. I am kind of nervous.. I haven't seen them all in 2 years so I almost feel like they are strangers instead of family :unsure:

I missed, who's coming to town?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours before I leave for the airport.. I am kind of nervous.. I haven't seen them all in 2 years so I almost feel like they are strangers instead of family :unsure:

mom and dad, little sister and one of my brothers

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

mom and dad, little sister and one of my brothers

oh my gosh. that's scary and exciting!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I am not like biting my nails nervous.. just a few butterflies, I guess you would say...

when I last saw my little sister she was little a "little girl".. now she is a teenager... I think it might be a little bit of a shock for me

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning everyone! It's Friday today! Yay! I hope everyone is settled in at your place Marilyn and that your heart is happy with your Mom, Dad, and sister visiting! :)

I was looking for updates trailmix on Casselberry, but didn't find any. Look at as many houses as you can so that when you make your decision it'll be the right one. :thumbs:

MrsCat, hope your mouth is feeling better today! My peridonist said to me that my gums should have been looked at earlier, but that's why socialized medicine doesn't work. huh?? :blink: I was on that immediately! He apologized after I had my say...*sigh*

Still rather cool here this week, but we're hoping it's warmer this weekend for some geocaching.

Enjoy your day!

128420lrg.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada. thanks for the coffee, carla. i need it this morning. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
I am not like biting my nails nervous.. just a few butterflies, I guess you would say...

when I last saw my little sister she was little a "little girl".. now she is a teenager... I think it might be a little bit of a shock for me

good luck marilyn! I hope you have a good visit.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline

Yeah for reunions!! Enjoy the family time Marilyn!!!

Happy Friday everyone.. :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Good morning everybody! A few of you here had recommended Custom House for transfering funds to my husband in Canada. Well twice they have come back to me saying the money couldn't go through. The first time, somebody had gone into my account and changed the information (transit number and bank address) on my husband's information and it was wrong! So I emailed them the correct information and asked why would someone go in and change the information I had provided? So they sent it again (without addressing the issue of somebody having changed the information). Again I get an email this morning saying it came back with the message "cannot trace". I checked all the information and it was correct this time, so I don't know WHY the money is not getting transferred. I emailed them back and asked if I can just cancel the whole thing. I'll just send him a check in the mail! LOL. Have any of you had any of these problems?

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Good morning everybody! A few of you here had recommended Custom House for transfering funds to my husband in Canada. Well twice they have come back to me saying the money couldn't go through. The first time, somebody had gone into my account and changed the information (transit number and bank address) on my husband's information and it was wrong! So I emailed them the correct information and asked why would someone go in and change the information I had provided? So they sent it again (without addressing the issue of somebody having changed the information). Again I get an email this morning saying it came back with the message "cannot trace". I checked all the information and it was correct this time, so I don't know WHY the money is not getting transferred. I emailed them back and asked if I can just cancel the whole thing. I'll just send him a check in the mail! LOL. Have any of you had any of these problems?

No, never!! Can you phone and speak to someone? How would anyone be able to change the recipients information??? I would definitely speak to someone about this issue. It's very very serious!

carlahmsb4.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.