Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Congratulations Jenni!

Good morning to the rest of you! Hope you all remembered to turn your clocks ahead.

Umm no, I didn't - thanks for the reminder Sprailenes! - haven't heard a word about it!

Congratulations Jenni! :)

Good morning everyone! I see they closed the vent thread - it got too long - does that mean we are complaining too much? :lol:

timsplash1.jpg

You're not bragging Jenni, CONGRATS on the wedding!!

Nevada I woke up this morning at 10 and it was really 11 :lol: I knew about the daylight savings but forgot last night!

I see they closed the vent too, I wonder how long it will be until someone starts up a new one (not long I imagine) :yes:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
Good morning everyone! I see they closed the vent thread - it got too long - does that mean we are complaining too much? :lol:

who woulda known canadians can complain so much? :unsure:

good morning everyone.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL... here ya go... The Vent - Part 2.

I noticed that the locked The Vent earlier, so I decided to continue it on...

Event Date

ROC

9/24/11 - Mailed I-751 packet to CSC

9/26/11 - NOA1 Receipt Date

9/28/11 - Check cashed

10/1/11 - NOA1 arrived in mail

3/19/12 - RFE

5/3/12 - RoC APPROVED!!!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

so the hubby and I are thinking of going to Vegas, probably in May around my Birthday... we know we probably shouldn't spend the money but we just need to get away....

and right now you can get really good deals on hotels there.. a lot of hotels are between 20 to 50 dollars a night.... most of them got pretty good reviews, and I know they won't be 5 star hotels and I don't mind that.. we will basically only be using our room to sleep anyways.... but it is still hard to choose a hotel... we are open to staying of the strip because we will be driving there so we will have a car to get around...

I am leaning towards the El Cortez ...

but there are a bunch of others that are about a mile or so from the strip that look nice too... aargh.. too many choices :wacko:

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My inlaws are visiting but staying on the other side of the island. They got in on Wednesday night.

Chris happened to be on that end for work on Wednesday, and my girlfriend from Edmonton is staying in Waikoloa too. So I went up Wednesday morning to hang out with my friend for the afternoon. Chris and I met up later that evening for dinner in Kona and go to Costco to get groceries. While shopping at Costco, I said we need to pick up some leis for his family before we get to the airport. Chris reminds me that Costco sells them at the floral station. Perfect, we don't have to drive around trying to find some.

So I pick out one for my MIL, its beautiful, doesn't really smell, but its really nice. We get to the airport, give them their leis, everyone is happy, she says thank you and is very happy that we thought of them.

So we come back up on Friday to visit, and decided to get a place for the night because we got home at like 1am on Wednesday. So we stop by their condo and my MIL is wearing the lei I gave her on Wednesday. Nothing wrong with that, eventually its going to look aweful so you might as well get some wear out of it. I am happy that she's enjoying it.

So she says "Oh Catherine, this lei is so beautiful. I have gotten so many compliments on it. I've been wearing it everywhere. Everyone was saying that its much nicer than any of the ones that they've seen. . . . . . . Oh but don't worry, I don't tell them that its from Costco." :blink:

:lol: That's still making me chuckle today. :lol:

Note to self - no gifts from Costco for next Christmas.

Timeline
My inlaws are visiting but staying on the other side of the island. They got in on Wednesday night.

Chris happened to be on that end for work on Wednesday, and my girlfriend from Edmonton is staying in Waikoloa too. So I went up Wednesday morning to hang out with my friend for the afternoon. Chris and I met up later that evening for dinner in Kona and go to Costco to get groceries. While shopping at Costco, I said we need to pick up some leis for his family before we get to the airport. Chris reminds me that Costco sells them at the floral station. Perfect, we don't have to drive around trying to find some.

So I pick out one for my MIL, its beautiful, doesn't really smell, but its really nice. We get to the airport, give them their leis, everyone is happy, she says thank you and is very happy that we thought of them.

So we come back up on Friday to visit, and decided to get a place for the night because we got home at like 1am on Wednesday. So we stop by their condo and my MIL is wearing the lei I gave her on Wednesday. Nothing wrong with that, eventually its going to look aweful so you might as well get some wear out of it. I am happy that she's enjoying it.

So she says "Oh Catherine, this lei is so beautiful. I have gotten so many compliments on it. I've been wearing it everywhere. Everyone was saying that its much nicer than any of the ones that they've seen. . . . . . . Oh but don't worry, I don't tell them that its from Costco." :blink:

:lol: That's still making me chuckle today. :lol:

Note to self - no gifts from Costco for next Christmas.

That is an uber cute story. :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Morning everyone! Hope your weekend was a good one.

I'm back from the sunny south.. *sigh.. it was heavenly so nice to get some sun! Here it feels like the weather is an enemy in the winter and it's a struggle to survive.. In Florida is was like the weather greeted you with a hug. I'm hooked. Want to plan a "for fun" trip with hubby really soon!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Good morning everyone!

Congratulations Jenni on your marriage! Sounds like you had beautiful weather! Post some pics please!

E! I can't believe you're back already! I thought you were staying today as well. Hope you had a fabulous time, and glad you enjoyed the warmth. How was your lunch with Krikit?

Cute story to start the day MrsCat! :lol:

Enjoy your day!

0715squirrel-with-coffee-cup.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning canada. carla, i'm gonna swipe your pic and post it in the say anything thread for julie. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
E! I can't believe you're back already! I thought you were staying today as well. Hope you had a fabulous time, and glad you enjoyed the warmth. How was your lunch with Krikit?

It was just a Fri-Sun thing.. very quick run to FL. I actually didn't see Krikit on Sat. I hope everything's okay with her.. :unsure: I tried to make contact with her via FB, but I didn't find her :( I don't have her contact info, so I can't call and see what's up.

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

It was just a Fri-Sun thing.. very quick run to FL. I actually didn't see Krikit on Sat. I hope everything's okay with her.. :unsure: I tried to make contact with her via FB, but I didn't find her :( I don't have her contact info, so I can't call and see what's up.

Oh dear! Yes, I hope everything is okay with her. You didn't share phone numbers with her? Arrange a place to meet? Did she know where you were going to be staying?

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Oh that's a bummer that you didn't get to meet the krikit!

Good morning all. I am having a hard time making housing decisions - there are too many variables in the scenario. It makes it really hard.

Do we buy a cheaper house that will need some work, but that will enable us to just rent it out/leave it empty if we choose to leave Florida (it will probably take years for the houses that are already on the market to be sold - so I do not consider reselling anytime soon as an option).

Or do we buy a more expensive comfortable house that will not be so easy to rent out/leave empty. Decisions decisions.

I'm trying to find a house that can be both :lol:

We did go to see the little house that is across from the graveyard on Friday night. It was hard to get past the fact that it smelled so musty - not surprising, this is Florida and it has been shut up for months. The thing is it is small (which we knew obviously) - I don't know lol

Timeline

Oh dear! Yes, I hope everything is okay with her. You didn't share phone numbers with her? Arrange a place to meet? Did she know where you were going to be staying?

We had a time and date picked out.. i FB'd her my cell phone # and asked her to call me, but i never heard from her.. I was at the hotel at the place & time we said we'd meet.. (she had the hotel addy), but I never heard or saw her :(

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

We had a time and date picked out.. i FB'd her my cell phone # and asked her to call me, but i never heard from her.. I was at the hotel at the place & time we said we'd meet.. (she had the hotel addy), but I never heard or saw her :(

Ok, that is just really really weird. I emailed her this morning, will let you know if I hear back.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Oh dear. I hope she is ok.

Glad to hear you had a good trip though. And now you are back home with the hubby? That must be so nice for you after the hard week last week without him.

trail - I'm sending you a good wishes that you find something that is perfect for both situations. So many decisions to make otherwise :lol:

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.