Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Good morning everyone! It's going to be a beautiful day here today! High 60's, maybe even 70 degrees! About time! :)

I signed up for a beginners pilates class yesterday. It starts next month for 8 weeks. I was going to say wish me luck, but I think a more appropriate request would be to pray for me! ;):lol:

flames, enjoy your visit in Saskatoon! Have a Timmie's for me! :lol:

Enjoy your day everyone! Gene's off tomorrow, so coffee has to be served up by someone else.

coffee-11.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Morning all!! I leave for Florida tomorrow!! Yeehaw! :) Just for the weekend but I'll take what I can get (and a long weekend)..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=182133 This guy makes me go :blink:

Oh Carla .. good for you!! You'll do great in pilates!!

And I'm outta here.. busy day at work getting ready for tomorrow :)

Edited by Emancipation

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning my fellow canadians. :luv:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Morning all!! I leave for Florida tomorrow!! Yeehaw! :) Just for the weekend but I'll take what I can get (and a long weekend)..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=182133 This guy makes me go :blink:

Yes, Tony is back with more questions. I feel like just writing...GO HOME!!! APPLY AGAIN WHEN YOU GET THERE!!! Sounds like his wife has just about had it, he mentions that this has caused marital discord... :(

Anyway, have a fabulous time E! Just the for weekend?? Business or pleasure? Enjoy the warmth, you deserve it!!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, Tony is back with more questions. I feel like just writing...GO HOME!!! APPLY AGAIN WHEN YOU GET THERE!!! Sounds like his wife has just about had it, he mentions that this has caused marital discord... :(

Anyway, have a fabulous time E! Just the for weekend?? Business or pleasure? Enjoy the warmth, you deserve it!!

Good morning all!

I kind of feel sorry for tony - he sounds young and and has been foolish.

Em is meeting krikit for lunch! Sorry I can't join you guys Em, I hope you have a nice visit (I know you are coming to work here but a little fun thrown in is good!)

Still looking at houses online this morning - you would not think that there was any kind of real estate slow down going on here, based on the poor response from realtors here :lol:

I contacted the listing agency about that little house yesterday, someone did finally call me back yesterday evening. I'm still on the fence about it - the only thing really bothering me is its close proximity to the railroad line (about a block and a half away). There aren't a plethora of trains going by - on a busy day maybe 2 or 3 (I can hear them from where we live now) - but i'm concerned that every time it goes by I will be hanging on to the pictures on the wall lest they shake off and land on the floor.

The other thing is, it's unclear where the property line is. So I mentioned this to the realtor and she said 'oh you would have to have a survey done'. I'm thinking - I do not own this house and I am not the one selling it - so why on earth would I pay for a survey. I'm thinking, if we do decide to put in an offer I would request they present us with a survey first.

Regardless, might call them today and ask to see it tomorrow evening. What is funny is that in my mind the house keeps getting smaller and smaller - this morning it only took 2 steps to go right across the house.

Edited by trailmix

Timeline

Oh I can't imagine how his wife is dealing with all this..

My ex husband once moved us to the US on R-1 status and told me the visa meant we could work anywhere in the US.. uh.. it doesn't.. and when we got to SC and I realized it was just for our youth ministry jobs (which wasn't paying us anything).. I freaked out.. and told him to take me back.. he refused and told me we should just work under the table for money.. which ultimately sealed the coffin on our relationship.. i left him (and went back home to Canada a few weeks later)..

Just the weekend I'm afraid.. for a conference, but I'm hoping to meet Krikit when I'm down there!! :dance:

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline
Em is meeting krikit for lunch! Sorry I can't join you guys Em, I hope you have a nice visit (I know you are coming to work here but a little fun thrown in is good!)

Sorry you can't come trailmixy! :(

AOS:

Removal of Conditions:

Naturalization

Timeline

Well my ad got the approval of our CFO. :D

Now just my boss and the GM. :D

I got super creative and decided against using a lot of what they told me to do and I think it will work in my favor because the ad looks really good.

If I get the OK from everyone and it goes out to print, I'll be sure to show you all. I am really really proud of it though.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
Well my ad got the approval of our CFO. :D

Now just my boss and the GM. :D

I got super creative and decided against using a lot of what they told me to do and I think it will work in my favor because the ad looks really good.

If I get the OK from everyone and it goes out to print, I'll be sure to show you all. I am really really proud of it though.

That's awesome girl! And you did it your way, that's even better!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

YAY!!!

Its going out to South Jersey magazine tomorrow after I just tweek two things for them.

I am super excited! I guess its a monthly, I have seen it on my inlaws coffee table but I'll have to get a few copies for myself somehow. :D

I have been looking at all the other ads in the area for Country Clubs and they are SO tacky! I mean they are bordering on sounding desperate. Its really bad, some of them look like car dealer ads. I think ours is going to top them all.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Good morning all!

I kind of feel sorry for tony - he sounds young and and has been foolish.

Still looking at houses online this morning - you would not think that there was any kind of real estate slow down going on here, based on the poor response from realtors here :lol:

I contacted the listing agency about that little house yesterday, someone did finally call me back yesterday evening. I'm still on the fence about it - the only thing really bothering me is its close proximity to the railroad line (about a block and a half away). There aren't a plethora of trains going by - on a busy day maybe 2 or 3 (I can hear them from where we live now) - but i'm concerned that every time it goes by I will be hanging on to the pictures on the wall lest they shake off and land on the floor.

The other thing is, it's unclear where the property line is. So I mentioned this to the realtor and she said 'oh you would have to have a survey done'. I'm thinking - I do not own this house and I am not the one selling it - so why on earth would I pay for a survey. I'm thinking, if we do decide to put in an offer I would request they present us with a survey first.

Regardless, might call them today and ask to see it tomorrow evening. What is funny is that in my mind the house keeps getting smaller and smaller - this morning it only took 2 steps to go right across the house.

I live about this distance to the train here, and its not really that bad. I don't even notice the trains here anymore...I do notice when they have stopped running at night because that is when the heavy trains go through and I am so use to the noise, but we haven't had to hold anything from falling off the walls. If theres only 2-3 trains a day it shouldnt be too bad for you.

As for Tony...I do feel a bit bad for him but at the same time, he asked a bunch of people for advice before he left and once he was out...and he hasn't actually listened to anyone about what can happen to him if he does things, like enter the states again...and blatently lying to the officers on re-entry. Unfortunately sometimes when I am reading other peoples posts on VJ all I can think is that some of these people are the reason the process is longer and harder than it needs to be. *sigh*

~*~*~Steph and Wes~*~*~
Married: 2010-01-20

ROC: (for the complete timeline click on my timeline button, the signature was getting too long!)
I-751 Sent: 2015-05-22
NOA1 Notice Date: 2015-05-27
NOA1 Received: 2015-06-06
Biometrics Notice Date: 2015-06-27
Biometrics Date: 2015-07-17

Interview Notice Date: 2015-07-28

Interview Date: ​2015-09-01
Approval Date:
Approval Notice Date:

hdh1crofujrxk.png

Timeline

I feel sorry for Tony too. Looks like he has decided to take the advice though - he just said he is officially withdrawing the AOS and leaving the US to apply for a K-3. That has got to be a really, really tough place in which to be and to know you were the author of your own misfortune through a little bit of impatience. So near and now this.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Yeah TonyDanza really screwed himself up. I mean he has to wait and be patient like the rest of us. I am dying to go home and see my Mom, I miss her SO much. I wanted to go see her next weekend but I still don't have AP. So I have to sit back and wait, he knew better than to leave and he did it anyway.

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline
YAY!!!

Its going out to South Jersey magazine tomorrow after I just tweek two things for them.

I am super excited! I guess its a monthly, I have seen it on my inlaws coffee table but I'll have to get a few copies for myself somehow. :D

I have been looking at all the other ads in the area for Country Clubs and they are SO tacky! I mean they are bordering on sounding desperate. Its really bad, some of them look like car dealer ads. I think ours is going to top them all.

COOL! Is that magazine online I wonder?

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
YAY!!!

Congrats, you should ask them for a glossy copy of it for your portfolio :thumbs:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.