Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Maybe he lost a bet . . or maybe it is a research project - seeing how long he can get away sitting there before someone mentions something to him :D Or maybe he is colourblind and thinks both the socks and crocs are the same colour!

Turns out the gentleman was a tourist. Anyone want to hazzard a guess what country he was from? I'll give you a hint, it rhymes with shmermany :whistle:

:lol: Why would a tourist decide to sit in the lobby of a police station, and that still doesn't explain the fancy suit with crocs :no:

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Maybe it's just the German tourists that i've encountered over the years, but they sometimes tend to defy logic. Flip Flops and socks, that sort of thing. The guy was here because he wanted to know about the area and where to go. We tried to point him towards the tourist info station that is down on the beach, but there was a language barrier. So he sat there until we could get someone to translate..... and then he sat there another 2.5 hours.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning carla, ty for the coffee :dance:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Can someone tell me in what universe it's ok for someone to ring your doorbell at 7:45 in the morning.

:bonk: Not in my universe...

Do people's parents not teach courtesy anymore?........geesh.. My mum gave me the 9am to 9pm rule.. that's when you vist/call/etc. Not after 9 or before 9..

Morning all!

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Can someone tell me in what universe it's ok for someone to ring your doorbell at 7:45 in the morning.

:bonk: Not in my universe...

Do people's parents not teach courtesy anymore?........geesh.. My mum gave me the 9am to 9pm rule.. that's when you vist/call/etc. Not after 9 or before 9..

Morning all!

Absolutely! I was still in bed. It was the pest control people. This is something the house owner organizes (I may still give them a little call later anyway)!

I had to get up and run outside to open the gate. I think they just assume that everyone is at work.

Thanks for the coffee Carla!

UGH! How annoying! I too, like Em, grew up and then had my own rules about calling in the mornings, and at night. It's only okay for this to happen if it was PREARRANGED! Why hadn't they called you the day before and asked what time would be good for you? I'd be calling the company and making a complaint.

I'll add another to this tale...has anyone ever had repeated calls from a fax machine to their home number? We used to have. I would yell into the phone, hoping whoever was faxing was sitting by the fax machine and could hear me yelling at them to hang up, this is NOT a fax machine. I talked to my parents on Sunday, they are 88 years old, and someone has been faxing their number several times a day. The last time, on Sunday was at 5:00 a.m.!!!!! As far as I know, unless someone here knows? You can't find out the land line number of the company or person faxing?

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

UGH! How annoying! I too, like Em, grew up and then had my own rules about calling in the mornings, and at night. It's only okay for this to happen if it was PREARRANGED! Why hadn't they called you the day before and asked what time would be good for you? I'd be calling the company and making a complaint.

I'll add another to this tale...has anyone ever had repeated calls from a fax machine to their home number? We used to have. I would yell into the phone, hoping whoever was faxing was sitting by the fax machine and could hear me yelling at them to hang up, this is NOT a fax machine. I talked to my parents on Sunday, they are 88 years old, and someone has been faxing their number several times a day. The last time, on Sunday was at 5:00 a.m.!!!!! As far as I know, unless someone here knows? You can't find out the land line number of the company or person faxing?

Exactly - and the woman who owns the house had called me last time - when she received their bill - as they are supposed to call her (so I can be sure to leave the gate open) - so I told her yes, they had done the back yard that time - all good, she was mad as they hadn't called her. I wonder if she ever called them to remind them.

Wow, how annoying for your parents! As for the number, maybe - maybe not. If they have call display - it might pick up the number of the fax - depends on the phone system where it's coming from - and they could trace the company that way - otherwise probably not! If they don't have call display they could try *69?

Timeline

were you an unfriendly canadian this morning? :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

were you an unfriendly canadian this morning? :hehe:

I threw on some clothes, went out the back door, ripped open the gate and went back inside. So...no...ha!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

well, at my doctor's appointment today I kind of got bad news :( well at least bad news to me..

the doctor says that I am the type of person that would probably have to get stitched up as soon as I found out I was pregnant... which I guess is something I kind of already knew but it just seemed more official when the doctor said it...

I know it doesn't seem like a big deal but pregnancy wasn't fun for me to begin with (not that it is for most women but you always here women talking about how they enjoyed being pregnant etc) I felt nauseated all the time well into my 5 month with both pregnancies.. and to top that all off with being stitched up and being worried about infection etc etc.... I don't know if I could do it... :unsure:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Good morning everyone. It's Friday! We went from 70 degrees on Wednesday, in the 60's yesterday, to them calling for an inch of snow tomorrow! :huh: How is that possible? So weird. I hope it doesn't happen although it will probably melt that same day.

Sorry to hear your news Marilyn. I know how much you want children, so I'm thinking you'd do anything you'd have to do in order to have them. I knew someone that had to do that as well, someone who had difficulty staying pregnant, and it worked really well and she had no difficulties. I was amazingly healthy when I was pregnant with my two, no morning sickness etc., however I was just very very tired. Each pregnancy and person is so different!

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

coffee-cup.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

good morning all, and happy friday.

trailmix, next time that happens, put on your dominatrix outfit before going outside. :devil:

we got snow predicted tomorrow too carla. :thumbs:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

So sorry to hear that Marilyn. It sounds painful although I'm not sure if it is or not of course.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.