05/16/12 - Interview and Oath - USC

ROC

11/16/10 - Mailed ROC

11/18/10 - Delivered to VSC

11/19/10 - NOA1

11/23/10 - Cheque cashed

12/29/10 - Biometrics

05/06/11 - ROC Approved

05/16/11 - Green card received. Yay! (6 months)

There's diamonds in the sidewalk, the gutters lined in song

Dear I hear that beer flows through the faucets all night long

There's treasure for the taking, for any hard working (wo)man

Who will make his home in the American Land

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations Gypsy - nice feeling, isn't it? Yeah, I got one of those little tyvek envelopes for my new card too. Maybe they had to wait for those envelopes to arrive which is why it takes so long to process green cards, ya think?

Anyway, just got back from my dental appointment - I have been having a tooth that has a crown on it throbbing like crazy this week - so yep, it has an abscess. There is another too that is also abscessed although it doesn't hurt but it showed up on xrays. So, go back to the pharmacy (it takes 3 hours to fill a prescription today because they are training on their new computer system, grr) and pick up the antibiotic at 5:30 and go back next Monday for 2 root canals. This is a new dentist from the last time - she is in network fortunately - and I really am impressed with her and like her so that is one big plus. I was not impressed with the dentist I had there before who told me he was in network for my insurance and wasn't. We ended up with a whopping huge bill - not impressed - plus he didn't really do good work on the crowns. He seemed more interested in trying to convince me to get crowns for every tooth in my mouth so it would look pretty rather than just doing the work that needed doing. Glad he is gone! And thank heavens for ibuprofen!

Oh, and the vet called. The cat has had her surgery and is in recovery. She is doing fine. yay! Now to find her a home.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sounds like you've really been through the ringer lately Kathryn! Sucks that your tooth with a crown has an abscess. Because those are so darn expensive to have put on in the first place. :(

I find it strange here that the first thing the dental offices ask if for your insurance. I had a tough time finding someone who accepted AETNA here.

I had a similar problem last week - however the tooth hadn't had a crown put on it yet. Turns out the tooth fractured, but there's no infection. So I have to have it pulled on the 11th. Then have a dental implant later on. Yikes.

About the kitties. You're doing so much more than anyone else I have ever heard. I grew up on an acreage, and plenty of people around us "let nature take its course". The female cats were always pregnant and I suspect their life expectancy wasn't too high as a result. You're giving that kitty the best chance at a life she deserves. A special place in the stars is reserved for people like you.

Hope things get back on the positive slope and upswing for you asap! (F)

Timeline
I feel sick to my stomach with nerves. :dead: I'm having lunch with a judge about a job. And I just keep picturing us sitting in utter silence trying to find something to talk about.

I keep hoping my phone is going to ring, and its him asking to reschedule.

How did lunch go MrsCat?

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

Thank you Mrs. Cat. It has been challenging lately in a variety of ways, so your kind words do me good.

Good luck with the job, too.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
I feel sick to my stomach with nerves. :dead: I'm having lunch with a judge about a job. And I just keep picturing us sitting in utter silence trying to find something to talk about.

How did lunch go MrsCat?

It went well actually. He was a really nice man. And exceptionally bright!

However, his expectations are high. Working Monday to Saturday 8-8. The position would only be until August as well, since his new law clerk will be starting then. He hasn't actually fired his current clerk yet, so it was a little awkward. Basically he said call him tomorrow and let him know if I'm interested and he'll speak with his clerk.

I decided against taking the position. Its a steep learning curve for only a few months of work. He'd make a great reference in the future, but I also have an interview for a state job in a couple of days, so turning it down is a little easier.

Timeline

How did lunch go MrsCat?

It went well actually. He was a really nice man. And exceptionally bright!

However, his expectations are high. Working Monday to Saturday 8-8. The position would only be until August as well, since his new law clerk will be starting then. He hasn't actually fired his current clerk yet, so it was a little awkward. Basically he said call him tomorrow and let him know if I'm interested and he'll speak with his clerk.

I decided against taking the position. Its a steep learning curve for only a few months of work. He'd make a great reference in the future, but I also have an interview for a state job in a couple of days, so turning it down is a little easier.

Yikes! Those hours are a turn-off. Good luck on your next interview!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. It's going to be gorgeous here today. Can't wait for the sun to come up to begin my walk. This is my first week of increasing my morning walk to 3 miles. Wish me luck! :lol:

400_F_1216053_LkBf5iddXon9JnMcTSRnm.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

good morning all, ty miss carla for the coffee :wub:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
Good morning! Hope everyone has a great day. It's going to be gorgeous here today. Can't wait for the sun to come up to begin my walk. This is my first week of increasing my morning walk to 3 miles. Wish me luck! :lol:

3 miles! Wow Carla that is quite the hike! I meandered down the road the other day (looking for my cat who had escaped) and thought that was quite the jaunt :lol:

Good morning all!

Timeline

Wishing you a glorious walk this morning Carla!!

:) I worked out for an hour this am.. I feel awesome :dance:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Timeline

Did anyone else watch the Real Housewives of Orange County last night? My husband came home and I re-watched it with him. And we couldn't believe what was said about Grechen. :o

She is either an amazing liar and actress or she really loved the old man. And personally, I thought it looked like she really loved and cared about him. If she didn't she probably would have forced him to marry her, so she could get all the money. But she never did that.

What an episode!

Timeline
Did anyone else watch the Real Housewives of Orange County last night? My husband came home and I re-watched it with him. And we couldn't believe what was said about Grechen. :o

She is either an amazing liar and actress or she really loved the old man. And personally, I thought it looked like she really loved and cared about him. If she didn't she probably would have forced him to marry her, so she could get all the money. But she never did that.

What an episode!

I missed it, but I read an interview online with Grechen. I honestly think she was in love, I mean she went to his hospital bed every day to be with him.... well almost every day. I think it's so wrong and shallow of them to accuse her otherwise, especially when she's greiving.

I think it's cute that you watch it with your husband!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Timeline

What an episode!

I missed it, but I read an interview online with Grechen. I honestly think she was in love, I mean she went to his hospital bed every day to be with him.... well almost every day. I think it's so wrong and shallow of them to accuse her otherwise, especially when she's greiving.

Shhhhhhhhhh - secret, no one else knows. :whistle:

Timeline

What an episode!

Shhhhhhhhhh - secret, no one else knows. :whistle:

:lol: Just like it's a secret mine watches the Bachelor with me and really gets into it!

K-1

AOS

ROC

Citizenship:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.