Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

My britney tickets... I assume thats what you're talking about? I didn't click the link. :lol:

OHH k now I clicked it. Silly mee! :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
I just got floor tickets to see Billy Joel and Elton John in August. :D

Shut up, they're awesome.

SWEET!! I think it's awesome that they're together, it's like 2 for the price of 1! How'd you score floor seats?

Oh I agree. Thank god for presales.

:D

*zips lip*

I just got floor tickets to see Billy Joel and Elton John in August. :D

Shut up, they're awesome.

OMG! Dejas vu!!!!!! Link

:rofl:

Yea but I had to sell those. :(

I am a professional concert go-er. :P

This one I am going to... its going to be epic. :D

Oh I see now, presales! I am a concert freak too, haven't been to any here.... but in Toronto I've seen everyone imaginable... From Britney to Janet to Christina with Justin to Nsync to BSB to Coldplay to John Mayer to Bryan Adams!

I'm proud of myself, I just finished 45 minutes on the elliptical machine! I've never gone past 30 minutes, I had alot of energy today!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

My husband got an email saying that they were doing a presale for flyers fans this morning. So at 11:00 I went to ticketmaster and you had a choice between stands and field... well I chose field. :D

I also shared the password with other office assistant she's a massive Billy Joel fan, we're both super excited.

Tickets don't actually go on sale until saturday and it will sell out fast.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
My husband got an email saying that they were doing a presale for flyers fans this morning. So at 11:00 I went to ticketmaster and you had a choice between stands and field... well I chose field. :D

I also shared the password with other office assistant she's a massive Billy Joel fan, we're both super excited.

Tickets don't actually go on sale until saturday and it will sell out fast.

It will be great :)

I have seen Elton 3 times, once in Auckland and twice in Calgary .... yay Elton :thumbs:

Timeline
I'm sorry but I have to say this. I hate using a GPS that just so happens to get me even more lost than I already was.

I can totally relate!! I got a GPS from my MIL for Xmas, she felt bad for me getting lost all the time in a new city. So it's a piece of GARBAGE and it got me lost 3 times. It literally missed turns on large roads and to make sure I wasn't crazy my husband tested it and said it was wrong the 3 times, he couldn't figure out why or how the GPS could make such errors. So I don't use it anymore and I use mapquest instead!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Timeline

I hate it when someone asks for directions and then you tell them and then they say: "Well my GPS says this.."

Then don't waste my time by asking me you grade A moron.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
I'm sorry but I have to say this. I hate using a GPS that just so happens to get me even more lost than I already was.

I can totally relate!! I got a GPS from my MIL for Xmas, she felt bad for me getting lost all the time in a new city. So it's a piece of GARBAGE and it got me lost 3 times. It literally missed turns on large roads and to make sure I wasn't crazy my husband tested it and said it was wrong the 3 times, he couldn't figure out why or how the GPS could make such errors. So I don't use it anymore and I use mapquest instead!

Maybe I'm lucky, but my GPS works really well. I bought one of the best and while I could have saved money by getting a lower-end GPS, I feel the money was well spent. My wife and I have used it more times than we count. Maybe Vancouver is a difficult city to navigate (especially when you're new to it), but we probably would've been lost without it.

If you're set on using online maps, I'd go with Google Maps. I think it's more versatile, since it you can actually view the streets and area from a first-person viewpoint. Plus it integrates into Google Earth, which is pretty neat.

I hate it when someone asks for directions and then you tell them and then they say: "Well my GPS says this.."

Then don't waste my time by asking me you grade A moron.

I agree. If you're going to trust your GPS over someone else's directions, that's fine; however, don't ask someone else for directions.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
I am watching Sandra Lee on FN and she's making this mardi gras king cake and she just stuffed this tiny plastic baby in the middle of it!

All I am thinking is: "Someone is going to choke on that little baby!"

I have just read up on this tradition thanks to Wiki and I am well aware of why they do it now. So if I ever come across a king cake, and bite into a plastic baby I feel the need to spit it out and run away from the freaky hosts. :P

mmmm....King cake is gooooood. I've never swallowed the baby though. :-P Some people put a nut or something else instead of the baby.

I just got back from a visit to my husband in Canada. Didn't know anything about Family Day until I got there. LOL. I had no idea everything would close down for that. The mall was closed! :-P

What the hell? Where the hell are they supposed to go with their families???? :P

Exactly! :P

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Depends on the quality of your GPS and also how you have it set ... You can set it up for shorter way or for faster way. Your itinerary will differ a lot depending on your settings, and also on the GPS quality.

I have a Garmin nuvii and must admit that it is very accurate, it was very handy when I was in vacations in Florida :)

Edited by ozone_1974
Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

Timeline

so I guess my hubby has given up his dream of being an HVAC technician.. he says it isn;t for him.. He said he didn't enjoy it the few months he did it last year...

so now he wants me to sell all his tools :P

I listed a couple on Amazon but part of me just wants to list the whole lot on Craigslist because then I don't have to worry about shipping and Amazon's commission...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I just got an automated call from the gas company, confirming their appointment for tomorrow.. only thing is I never scheduled an appointment :blink:

so I went online to check and sure enough there was an appointment set up, something to do with lighting a pilot light... :blink: so it had the option to cancel it so I did..

that is so bizarre.. :blink:

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.