Sprailenes

Off Topic Part Deux

5,004 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Have fun krikit!!

I just deactivated my facebook account. My ex husband's sister just sent me a friend request. Nothing wrong with that, it just made me think - why do I have this stupid account, in an application I don't even like, so that people I normally wouldn't even talk to (like her and my ex-realtor) can look at my pictures?

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have fun krikit!!

I just deactivated my facebook account. My ex husband's sister just sent me a friend request. Nothing wrong with that, it just made me think - why do I have this stupid account, in an application I don't even like, so that people I normally wouldn't even talk to (like her and my ex-realtor) can look at my pictures?

I respect that Trailmix.

A friend "made me" get a FB page a couple of years ago...hardly ever go there, and then I decided to put a whack of photos on there and I like that part of it. Sharing the photos like that is easier for me. Besides that, I am not one to add people just because they ask, nor do I partake in any of the myriad of apps and thingies people request me to play with. No thanks.

It's been great to have some people find me, and I found some distant relatives in Greece and we are building a family tree.

Still I do not spend much time on that site.

:star:

Oh yeah, I deactivated my MySpace page a long time ago...after I had that and FB.

One is enough.

SpiritAlight edits due to extreme lack of typing abilities. :)

You will do foolish things.

Do them with enthusiasm!!

Don't just do something. Sit there.

K1: Flew to the U.S. of A. – January 9th, 2008 (HELLO CHI-TOWN!!! I'm here.)

Tied the knot (legal ceremony, part one) – January 26th, 2008 (kinda spontaneous)

AOS: Mailed V-Day; received February 15th, 2007 – phew!

I-485 application transferred to CSC – March 12th, 2008

Travel/Work approval notices via email – April 23rd, 2008

Green card/residency card: email notice of approval – August 28th, 2008 yippeeeee!!!

Funny-looking card arrives – September 6th, 2008 :)

Mailed request to remove conditions – July 7, 2010

Landed permanent resident approved – August 23rd, 2010

Second funny looking card arrives – August 31st, 2010

Over & out, Spirit

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Good morning, everyone. I'm just dropping by to say hi and bye. I'm leaving..... onnnnnn a jet plane.

airplane.jpg

Be good. Don't do anything I wouldn't do. :hehe:

Have a fun trip! Say hello to Oakville for me!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.thestar.com/news/world/article/585671

Oh you guys.... this story almost made me cry :crying: I love Koala Bears!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

Speaking of zoos...

My wife and I visited the Houston Zoo a while ago. When we entered the primate section, there was this bridge-like area that confined different monkeys and apes to their artificial habitats while keeping people safe.

So we're there and we spot a male mandrill. Many people are watching it and out of nowhere, it sits down and begins masturbating. A few minutes later, it ejaculates all over itself and the ground.

Naturally, this was a somewhat unusual viewing experience. I was able to record the act, as well.

Most of the women thought this was incredibly gross (my wife did too and she now refers to mandrills as "perverts") while the guys thought it was fairly humorous. I include myself in the latter. The best part was when the children started asking, "Mommy, what's that monkey doing?" :whistle:

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

LOL DeadPoolX

Few are those who see with their own eyes and feel with their own hearts.

K1

2008-07-09 : I-129F Sent

2008-11-18 : I-129F NOA2

2008-11-24 : Consulate Received

2008-11-30 : Packet 3 Received

2009-01-26 : Medical appointment (3 vaccines shots !)

2009-02-09 : Packet 3 Sent

2009-03-30 : Packet 4 Received

2009-04-28 : Visa APPROVED !!!!!

2009-05-01 : Visa in hand !!!!!

2009-08-22 : Big smile and moving to sunny Florida

2009-08-23 : Finally here in Florida with my babe :)

2009-09-17 : Civil wedding :)

AOS

2009-10-13 : Filed for AOS, AP, EAD

2009-10-23 : AOS NOA Received

2009-10-23 : AP NOA Received

2009-10-23 : EAD NOA Received

2009-11-05 : AOS Transfered to CSC

2009-11-18 : Biometrics Appt.

2009-12-04 : AP Approved

2009-12-11 : EAD Card received

2010-02-16 : AOS Approved and Greencard Received ! :)

Removing conditions on 11/16/2011

Timeline

OH WOW. :o

Another story for the Calgary Zoo, a hippo came out of it's pool and walked onto the dry area and then all of a sudden, it started to poo and then it flipped it's tail over it's butt and the poo went flying everywhere! Thank god I was watching from the other side of the building :huh:

dev356pr___.png

Removal of Conditions - January 6, 2012

Filed: Timeline
Have fun krikit!!

I don't blame you. It's kind of a weird site. That's why I don't have a profile pic and have set my privacy defaults to where only friends have access. I'm still not quite sure of its purpose.... other than to find people who may or may not be there. lol

Have a fun trip! Say hello to Oakville for me!!

Will do! :dance:

I hate zoos. All those captive animals make me sad. :(

iagree.gif

Timeline

I just ignore their requests,lol If I hurt their feelings oh well, not like it s a person I want to chat with or anything,lol

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I have three friends on facebook. :lol: One of them is only because that's her preferred method of contact. I don't use my real name - I go by Chesty LaRue on there. I don't think you can even find me when you search for my profile. I hate having my email box full of FB #######.

Before there were just too many people I couldn't stand in real life wanting to poke me and be my friend. Even though we'd said about 6 words to each other previously. :blink:

Initially, it was nice to catch up with some people I hadn't seen in ages, but that wanes after a while. I mean, I really don't care what my boyfriend from 7th grade is doing other than to know that he's alive and doing well.

Usually when people send me an email to add me to FB, I tell them they have my email address and I send them a link to my Flickr photos. Although, I do like seeing other people's pictures on FB. That makes me pretty excited.

So Trailmix, I don't blame you for deleting it. Its just too strange the people who want to be your "friend".

Filed: Timeline
I have three friends on facebook. :lol: One of them is only because that's her preferred method of contact. I don't use my real name - I go by Chesty LaRue on there. I don't think you can even find me when you search for my profile. I hate having my email box full of FB #######.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

*runs off to do a search on Chesty LaRue*

iagree.gif

Timeline

56 of them!!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

56 of them!!!

I know! When I added the account, I thought I was all clever with that name. Turns out 56 other people were too. On a funny note, while Chesty passed the test, my first attempt was with Busty McGinty. But FB error message came up basically saying this was recognized as a fake name. :lol:

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I finally got my new laptop! About 2 weeks ago my laptop died and my com,puter access went from lots to none very quickly. I even missed a week in keeping track of my food! But! The new lappy arrived and Im accessible again! Yay! I HATED sharing a computer!!! lol

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.