ChasUK

Can I just say.......

77 posts in this topic

Awwww, you two are the sweetest. :)

Abby (U.S.) and Ewen (Scotland): We laughed. We cried. Our witness didn't speak English. Happily married (finally), 27 December 2006.

Latest news: Green card received 16 April 2007. USCIS-free until 3 January 2009! Eligible to naturalize 3 April 2010.

Click on the "timeline" link at the left to view our timeline. And don't forget to update yours!

The London Interviews Thread: Wait times, interview dates, and chitchat for all visa types

The London Waivers Thread: For I-601 or I-212 applicants in London (UK, Ireland, and Scandinavia)

The London Graduates Thread: Moving stateside, AOS, and OT for London applicants and petitioners

all the mud in this town, all the dirt in this world

none of it sticks on you, you shake it off

'cause you're better than that, and you don't need it

there's nothing wrong with you

--Neil Finn

On second thought, let us not go to Camelot. 'Tis a silly place.

--Monty Python and the Holy Grail

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

heheheh well, I was REALLY bored, and while a lot of times in the day while Corey is gone to school I don't even flip the TV ON, but rather enjoy the solitude, I had it on in the backround while I was catching up on my emails,etc from the puter...the people get in what they think to be a normal cab, and the driver takes them to their destination....they get a free ride there..and they have to answer questions as they ride...starts with 25 bucks, then 50 then 100.00 questions..they get three strikes..and then they lose all the money if they get three...but they also get a mobile 'shout out' (phone a friend..hehehe) and a street shout out..where they can ask someone on the street. If they get three strikes they have to get out wherever they are...if they make it to their destination they get all the money they've earned and a free ride. Saw some lose it all, and saw one couple win 500 bucks and two girls on their way to a double-date win about 1200...it was pretty cute. They get in, and the inside of the cab all lights up on top and I just started to laugh...remembered that Chas drives cab and went...well..wouldn't THAT be the coolest!! hahahah instead of having to charge people..get to run a TV game show from your cab and hand out money....hahahahahah :lol: M.

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

Tee hee that's funny Mich.

I always tell my darling Chas that people climb in and out of his cab all day every day and have no idea they just met the best man in the entire world. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline
heheheh well, I was REALLY bored, and while a lot of times in the day while Corey is gone to school I don't even flip the TV ON, but rather enjoy the solitude, I had it on in the backround while I was catching up on my emails,etc from the puter...the people get in what they think to be a normal cab, and the driver takes them to their destination....they get a free ride there..and they have to answer questions as they ride...starts with 25 bucks, then 50 then 100.00 questions..they get three strikes..and then they lose all the money if they get three...but they also get a mobile 'shout out' (phone a friend..hehehe) and a street shout out..where they can ask someone on the street. If they get three strikes they have to get out wherever they are...if they make it to their destination they get all the money they've earned and a free ride. Saw some lose it all, and saw one couple win 500 bucks and two girls on their way to a double-date win about 1200...it was pretty cute. They get in, and the inside of the cab all lights up on top and I just started to laugh...remembered that Chas drives cab and went...well..wouldn't THAT be the coolest!! hahahah instead of having to charge people..get to run a TV game show from your cab and hand out money....hahahahahah :lol: M.

I've seen that show :yes: , I want to go in that cab!!!

Married since 9-18-04(All K1 visa & GC details in timeline.)

Ishu tum he mere Prabhu:::Jesus you are my Lord

Filed: Timeline
Can I just say, I have known my sweety now for over 2 years, and i kinda feel that i should be shouting that the reason I want to emigrate and be with her is quite simply, ....

..that I love her. Her happiness is of prime importance to me. I don't care that I can't easily buy Bird's custard or get a decent donner kebab or get a chicken tikka masala that satisfies or walk to the shop or the pub. I can do without all the trappings of the UK that I have grown up with, I can survive the distance between my closest friends and my family.

Even now, to this day, I can honestly say that Tracy is so important that I would happily, completely miss all my favourite things in order to be with her. I can't help it, it matters,...

I might be wrong, or soppy, but to me, it's important. After all, isn't it the reason that we all go through this painstaking visa process? ..

ahh nuts... I think the point is... I love her and would do anything for her, and I'm glad I feel that way. I hope you all do too, about your other 'halves'.

Damnit, I could think of a million other things to say but I think you are all smart enough to get the point with what I have said already. Good luck to us all. Good luck to you, and may you all be as happy and as satisfied with the upcoming prospect of life that I am.

I love you Tracy J. You're mine and I'm glad about that.

I'll stop rambling now. Sorry. I just needed to get it off my chest. I'll shut up now.

:lol: I thought you would have posted this way early when you started. I know perfectly well that's how you feel from the other boards I have known you two in.

I am giving up all things american to be with my boyfriend Dan (Devil's Advocate) so I know the feeling.

:lol: I thought you would have posted this way early when you started. I know perfectly well that's how you feel from the other boards I have known you two in.

I am giving up all things american to be with my boyfriend Dan (Devil's Advocate) so I know the feeling.

Unlike the Rush boards, Chas hasn't posted here very much. Mainly cos he doesn't have a 'sit at your computer' all day job like me (hence me posting WAAAAY too much, LOL).

I know that things will work out for you and Dan. Your future is very bright, too. :)

SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
Can I just say, I have known my sweety now for over 2 years, and i kinda feel that i should be shouting that the reason I want to emigrate and be with her is quite simply, ....

..that I love her. Her happiness is of prime importance to me. I don't care that I can't easily buy Bird's custard or get a decent donner kebab or get a chicken tikka masala that satisfies or walk to the shop or the pub. I can do without all the trappings of the UK that I have grown up with, I can survive the distance between my closest friends and my family.

Even now, to this day, I can honestly say that Tracy is so important that I would happily, completely miss all my favourite things in order to be with her. I can't help it, it matters,...

I might be wrong, or soppy, but to me, it's important. After all, isn't it the reason that we all go through this painstaking visa process? ..

ahh nuts... I think the point is... I love her and would do anything for her, and I'm glad I feel that way. I hope you all do too, about your other 'halves'.

Damnit, I could think of a million other things to say but I think you are all smart enough to get the point with what I have said already. Good luck to us all. Good luck to you, and may you all be as happy and as satisfied with the upcoming prospect of life that I am.

I love you Tracy J. You're mine and I'm glad about that.

I'll stop rambling now. Sorry. I just needed to get it off my chest. I'll shut up now.

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... well Chas, I think that you have a wonderful lady... she is a sweetie pie!

TracyTN... he's a keeper!!! hehe... you guys are awesome... and inspiring!

Tho' lovers be lost, love shall not... and death shall have NO dominion!

http://www.geocities.com/pulpi33/A1.htm

114959908992789.gif

The will of God will never take you,

to where the grace of God will not protect you.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
:crying: Awww (F) You ARE so totally soppy; a sweet, rambling poet!! :lol: But seriously, that was really nice! :thumbs:

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

aww (F) that was so sweet. loved it. Men should always be romantic :luv:

* K1 Timeline *
* 04/07/06: I-129F Sent to NSC
* 10/02/06: Interview date - APPROVED!
* 10/10/06: POE Houston
* 11/25/06: Wedding day!!!

* AOS/EAD/AP Timeline *
*01/05/07: AOS/EAD/AP sent
*02/19/08: AOS approved
*02/27/08: Permanent Resident Card received

* LOC Timeline *
*12/31/09: Applied Lifting of Condition
*01/04/10: NOA
*02/12/10: Biometrics
*03/03/10: LOC approved
*03/11/10: 10 years green card received

* Naturalization Timeline *
*12/17/10: package sent
*12/29/10: NOA date
*01/19/11: biometrics
*04/12/11: interview
*04/15/11: approval letter
*05/13/11: Oath Ceremony - Officially done with Immigration.

Complete Timeline

Inspiring is a good word... my man is also very vocal in how he feels, which is NOT what I am 'used to'. (He hasn't joined this forum yet, though... he has a certainy apathy (or is it FEAR? ;-)) toward electronic devices.

Takes a special person to make such a public proclamation.

Well done, both of you!

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Filed: Country: England
Timeline

Chas RAWKS!!! :luv:(F)

Co-Founder of VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse -

31 Dec 2003 MARRIED
26 Jan 2004 Filed I130; 23 May 2005 Received Visa
30 Jun 2005 Arrived at Chicago POE
02 Apr 2007 Filed I751; 22 May 2008 Received 10-yr green card
14 Jul 2012 Citizenship Oath Ceremony

Tee hee Becca (and Frances). And thanks to you too, JenT. :)

SIGH isn't Chas sweetest?? :)(L)

You're a lucky gal.... keep the fire burnin'!

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.