ChasUK

Can I just say.......

77 posts in this topic

Can I just say, I have known my sweety now for over 2 years, and i kinda feel that i should be shouting that the reason I want to emigrate and be with her is quite simply, ....

..that I love her. Her happiness is of prime importance to me. I don't care that I can't easily buy Bird's custard or get a decent donner kebab or get a chicken tikka masala that satisfies or walk to the shop or the pub. I can do without all the trappings of the UK that I have grown up with, I can survive the distance between my closest friends and my family.

Even now, to this day, I can honestly say that Tracy is so important that I would happily, completely miss all my favourite things in order to be with her. I can't help it, it matters,...

I might be wrong, or soppy, but to me, it's important. After all, isn't it the reason that we all go through this painstaking visa process? ..

ahh nuts... I think the point is... I love her and would do anything for her, and I'm glad I feel that way. I hope you all do too, about your other 'halves'.

Damnit, I could think of a million other things to say but I think you are all smart enough to get the point with what I have said already. Good luck to us all. Good luck to you, and may you all be as happy and as satisfied with the upcoming prospect of life that I am.

I love you Tracy J. You're mine and I'm glad about that.

I'll stop rambling now. Sorry. I just needed to get it off my chest. I'll shut up now.

prestoportaitww0.jpg

My Timeline is the same as TracyTN

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know just how you feel. Pretty great feeling.

*January 24 2006 - mailed in I129-F petition

*January 25 2006 - I129-F received at CSC

*January 30 2006 - packet returned.....arggggggggg we forgot one signature!!

*January 31 2006 - sent I129-F back to the CSC, hope we did not forget anything else

*February 1 2006 - I129-F received at CSC again

*February 3 2006 - NOA1

*April 20 2006 - NOA2!!!!!

*April 24 2006 - Touched!

*May 15 2006 - NVC received petition today!

*May 17 2006 - Case left NVC today!!

*May 30 2006 - Received Packet 3 from Vancouver!

*May 30 2006 - Faxed back Packet 3!!

*June 6 2006 - Received packet 4!

*June 20 2006 - Medical in Saskatoon

*June 28 2006 - Interview in Vancouver!!

*June 28 2006 - GOT THE VISA!!!*June 30 2006 - Moving day!

*July 3 2006 - Home at last!!

*July 28 2006 - married!

*September 13 2006 - Mailed AOS/EAD package

*September 25 2006 - Received NOA for AOS/EAD

*October 6 2006 - Biometrics appointments

*October 10 2006 - Touched!

*October 19 2006 - Transferred to CSC!

*October 26 2006 - Received by CSC

*October 27 2006 - Touched

*October 28 2006 - Touched again

*October 31 2006 - Touched again

*November 2 2006 - Touched again

*November 3 2006- and another touch

*November 7 2006- touched

*November 7 2006 - My case approved, still waiting for kids!

*November 8 2006 - Touched my case again

*November 13 2006 - Greencard arrived...yeah I can work!

*November 14 2006 - Touched my case again

*January 2007 - RFE for kids Greencard.

*February 2007 - kids medical and sent in RFE

*February 2007 - Received kids greencards

Awwww :luv:

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif3dflagsdotcom_uk_2faws.gif

K-1 Sent to Vermont St Patrick's Day~ May the Luck of the Irish Be With Us Today!! 3/17/06

NOA1 03-25-06

Touch 06-16-06=RFE Email

Touch 06-17-06

RFE Arrived 06-21-06

RFE Sent back to Vermont 06-21-06

RFE Delivered 06/23/06 10:55am

RFE-Touch 06/24/06

Touch 06/27/06

Approved 08/21/06 {157 days)

Touch 08/22/06

NVC Letter 08-25-06 Hard Copy

Left NVC 08-25-06

Arrived at London 09-01-06

Packet 3 Arrived at Steves Door 09-05-06

Packet 3 Sent back to London 09-15-06

London Medical 09-29-06- Completed

Packet 4 11-20-06

Londen Interview 12-08-06 APPROVED

Visa in Hand 12-12-06

Enters the USA 12-13-06

WEDDING DAY 2/18/07 @ 3pm

I know what you mean, too. I'm just getting to the point where I'm getting a little depressed waiting for my EAD, but I know that my husband is worth it.

But on the other hand, my husband loves going to our British food store with me and seeing me light up at the familiar food and tell him about my faves. So these kind of things work two ways.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Good one Chas!!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Tracy... he's a keeper!!! ;):D

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Can I just say, I have known my sweety now for over 2 years, and i kinda feel that i should be shouting that the reason I want to emigrate and be with her is quite simply, ....

..that I love her. Her happiness is of prime importance to me. I don't care that I can't easily buy Bird's custard or get a decent donner kebab or get a chicken tikka masala that satisfies or walk to the shop or the pub. I can do without all the trappings of the UK that I have grown up with, I can survive the distance between my closest friends and my family.

Even now, to this day, I can honestly say that Tracy is so important that I would happily, completely miss all my favourite things in order to be with her. I can't help it, it matters,...

I might be wrong, or soppy, but to me, it's important. After all, isn't it the reason that we all go through this painstaking visa process? ..

ahh nuts... I think the point is... I love her and would do anything for her, and I'm glad I feel that way. I hope you all do too, about your other 'halves'.

Damnit, I could think of a million other things to say but I think you are all smart enough to get the point with what I have said already. Good luck to us all. Good luck to you, and may you all be as happy and as satisfied with the upcoming prospect of life that I am.

I'll stop rambling now. Sorry. I just needed to get it off my chest. I'll shut up now.

You in the doghouse or what? :yes:

This an industrial strength suck up man... :blush:

Filed: Timeline

Aye, you're a soppy #######. But don't worry.....I think you're probably in good company. I know that I've flooded a few blogs and message boards with sop a time or two.... :P

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Other Country: England
Timeline

Very sweet Chas! :yes:

You know, I don't on a normal day(no offense, I'm certain it's mutual!!) :lol: but I thought of you two today because I was bored and flipping channels...and I came upon this show called "Cash Cab" where the guy drives a cab and holds a game show in it... :lol: I thought...Chas should do that! :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad to say that although it took Craig a lot longer to reach this point than you, he feels the same now, so we're both really anxious to get on with our lives together too. :)

Hoping y'all will be together before too long.....and a visit is coming up soon anyway isn't it??? WOOT WOOT!!

Take care and very sweet post! (F) M. :)

ManU2.jpg

10 year green card received

mid March, 2008. Done 'til Naturalization! WOOT! :)

(F) AWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! How sweet was that?? It brought tears to my eyes!! I know what you mean. I feel the same way about Ian..to me he is the greatest thing(apart from my children) since the invention of the wheel. You hear about ppl that have a sparkle in their eyes...he has it!

That post has given me a boost!! Thanks!!!

Laura Mitchell

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Aww Chas! Ya big softy you! :lol: Good on ya tho - shout it from the rooftops! (Or maybe from your cab as you troll along - scare the passengers :D )

Applied for K1

Met online 2001 - just aquaintances

Sept 2002 - 1st US visit - everything goes perfectly.

Dec 20th - Forms recev'd at CSC

Dec 27th - NOA1 received by snail mail!

Dec 29th - 'Touched'

March 10 2006 - NOA2!

March 23 - recv'd at NVC

March 24 - petition sent to London

April 9th - Pkt 3 rec'd!

May 17th - Pkt 3 signed for at London Embassy

May 24th - Medical

May24th - Pkt 4

June 14th - Interview 10am - APPROVED 1pm!!

June 16th - Visas received in my hot little hands 1pm :)

July 19th - flying to US!

July 27th - Married!! :-)

Aug 7th - Applied for SSN in married name

Aug 9th - SSN received

uk.gif1273.gifusa.gif

3dflagsdotcom_uk_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif

I'm not a lawyer I just have opinions on everything :)

animated flags from http://3dflags.com

Chas that was just lovely. I understand just where you are coming from , I know it is so hard to be away from your loved one like you all are (been there and done it :( ) and sometimes it really gets to you and one way of getting through it is to do just what you have done, good for you, she is a lucky girl :thumbs:

[The reason god put spaces in between your fingers was so another person's hands could fill it up.

CHERISH YESTERDAY, LIVE TODAY AND DREAM TOMORROW

Life is like a song... Sing it.

Life is like a challenge... Pursue it.

Life is like a sacrifice... Offer it.

Life is love... Enjoy it.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

;) You won't miss all those food items, cuz you got yourself a suthen gal, we know how to make anything taste good, toss in a bit of bacon fat and bobs your uncle!

You sound like Tim, you two would get along well. In his words "what is there to miss"! He proudly claims he can live without Heinz baked beans and curries, I am thankful to know I am more important than an item on the grocers shelf. :yes:

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Oh my goodness! :blush: My darling posted this after I'd shuffled off to bed. I always knew I was a very very lucky girl, but - wow. I almost don't even know what to say -- except that it is most definitely mutual. I couldn't love this man any more if I tried, and I always will. (L) I am truly blessed and humbled.

I love you, sweetheart. (L):)

Very sweet Chas! :yes:

You know, I don't on a normal day(no offense, I'm certain it's mutual!!) :lol: but I thought of you two today because I was bored and flipping channels...and I came upon this show called "Cash Cab" where the guy drives a cab and holds a game show in it... :lol: I thought...Chas should do that! :lol:

Anyway, I'm glad to say that although it took Craig a lot longer to reach this point than you, he feels the same now, so we're both really anxious to get on with our lives together too. :)

Hoping y'all will be together before too long.....and a visit is coming up soon anyway isn't it??? WOOT WOOT!!

Take care and very sweet post! (F) M. :)

Mich what are you like? :lol: That's hilarious!!!! But I think you're right - he'd be a great game show host!! Hee! :D

And yes, 3 weeks and 1 day until I fly to Blighty. Not that I'm counting...! ;)(L)

SA4userbar.jpg