Aman

2008 March/April/May Filers

28 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
As of now it seems I am the only one who is waiting for NOA2 in the March/April/May filer category. My case is still stuck in VSC. :crying:

Anyone out there who is still waiting for any movement

I am still waiting for a precious present: A darn approval.

desiman - did you submit the RFE requested?

i see your approval coming very soon...hopefully before end of next week.

USCIS (Vermont Service Center) Journey

Mailed I-130 Packet on 05/27/08

Approved: 12/23/08

NVC Journey

NVC Case Number assigned 01/02/09

Case Completed 01/21/09

End of Visa Journey

New Delhi Embassy Interview 03/17/09

VISA APPROVED!!!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

April filer here, only a touch last month. Still waiting for something new myself.

You're not alone. It seems CSC isn't exactly going in chronological order from the applications they received from VSC.

OUR TIMELINE

2007-12-23 ---------- Proposed - she said yes! :)

2008-03-22 ---------- Wedding date

2008-03-31 ---------- Sent I-130 to Chicago lock box

2008-04-08 ---------- Vermont received petition (NOA1)

2008-11-05 ---------- Case transferred to California

2008-11-10 ---------- Received notice in mail about the transfer. No changes to the online case information.

2008-11-13 ---------- Call to the senator's office to arrange an appointment

2008-11-13 ---------- A few hours later, online case updated to say transferred to California and pending

2008-11-17 ---------- Met with someone at the senator's office -- she is looking into the case since it's now a month passed processing time lines.

2008-11-17 ---------- Senator's office called and said our case will be looked at within the next 60 days

2008-11-18 ---------- Touched

2009-01-13 ---------- Call to senator's office again

2009-01-14 ---------- Reply from senator's office - currently doing "extensive background check" - could take couple of years :(

2009-01-14 ---------- Touched

2009-01-15 ---------- Touched

2009-03-10 ---------- Approved (letter received by mail but website still says pending)

2009-04-08 ---------- AOS received and completed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
As of now it seems I am the only one who is waiting for NOA2 in the March/April/May filer category. My case is still stuck in VSC. :crying:

I am still waiting for a precious present: A darn approval.

desiman - did you submit the RFE requested?

i see your approval coming very soon...hopefully before end of next week.

Yeah, I did. It's on my signature & timeline. I sent it on 12/1, case resumed on 12/5. Had two touches after that, but still pending. I don't think I have much patience left...

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

I'm also still here........ I don't see it happening this year for me, its just the way VSC operates you all see that. :( Good luck to everyone still waiting from february and march and yes there are a few if not many couples still waiting this long. And those who just filed please hold your horses. Thanks

Edited by robbyrob

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thanks a ton guys for your support

I know we just have to hang in there .....

As my husband would say" One day at a time"

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Case Complete Feb 03 2009

Medical Feb 16 2009

March 9th 2009.....Got my VISAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I-751 January 13 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thanks a ton guys for your support

I know we just have to hang in there .....

As my husband would say" One day at a time"

Same as what my husband said Take it one day at a time honey, it will come eventually. :)

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

April filer here. Got I-130 application transferred last November 6 from VSC to CSC. Still waiting and still do not know what's going on. I just wonder why some May filers got theirs transferred in November 5th and now they get approved already. It seems that those whose I-130 got transferred on November 5th are already getting their NOA2 and the November 6 (batch) are still waiting.

The online system (on my case) did not even show a "touched" status, whatsoever. It would be a great step forward if there is at least some changes or update. My husband tried to call but all they say is whatever you get to see online, it's the only thing that they can give you on the phone. So we gave up on calling them. I am about to send my AOS, I-765 and I-131 already. Anyway, good luck to us all.

Timeline

Ok, I just discovered how the "touched" case look like - it's nothing but an update. Well, the last time my I-130 application received some attention was November 14, 2008. That's like a month ago. I was just trying to make myself laugh at this ---- maybe that USCIS person, who is currently handling my case just took 2-3 weeks off from work and left his work unfinished. Who knows that person is now snow skiing in Colorado or something like that. So this is really really upsetting. I have so much questions in my head right now that I just wish I could ask them about. Like how do they distribute work in the office. Some USCIS personnels seem to work faster than the others. If your case landed on some slow turtle-like personnel, then you are bound to wait for 9 years before they can even get their hands on your case (I was exaggerating, but ya'll know what I mean). It makes me really want to send an email to the ombudsman already. Problem is, it will take months before the ombudsman's office makes any reply. Frustrating bureaucracy and there goes our dollars.

Timeline

Ur luck at least you got transferred to CSC...I am sick of seeing May 14 2008 every time I log in to USCIS site......

I am just praying for mercy...ha ha...May be the lord will shower his blessings this Christmas......

Santa are you listening...This Christmas....Please give me a approval....AMEN

PS I am praying this hard at Christmas after 15 Years...ha ha

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Medical Feb 16 2009

I-751 January 13 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey I am march filer and i received my first NOA1 in april . i was asked to furnish them with My devorce decreeon the

24 Oct and i did immideatly even thow i sent it when i innitally file the I-130 i had a few day to send it back. I did and approcimately one month after i was approved. But I gues that was done because my ex is mad that i am bringing my wife here and she wrote immigration in my wife's home country makin faulse alligation against us and our marrige . I am married to my current wife for 4yrs and we have 2 kids both are american citizens. Just sharing my story. Thank you :innocent:

event.png

Re married.- 08/14/2009

Re filed I130 08/25/2010

NOA 1. 08/26/2010

Timeline

Aman --- try calling the USCIS and tell them that your case is now outside normal processing times. My husband called USCIS last Friday and complained that ours is outside normal processing times already. Looking at your info, yours is with the USCIS a little bit over 7 months. Normal processing times for I-130 is 6 months. I know it is an average length of time to wait for the I-130 but if it was that long already, there should already be some actions done to make your application move forward. Anyway, after my husband called USCIS, I checked USCIS and saw that they made an update that same day. He called 12 noon, December 12. I checked online around 8 pm, Eastern time and they had an update on my case. Then my husband just mentioned that he will make a follow up online everyday (He did not mean to scare them but he just wanted to make a point that we are on top of it.) Took 7 months also for mine to get transfered from Vermont to California. Just try calling -- make sure you have the NOA1 on hand when you call. Goodluck!

Timeline

Okk....will do that...My FIL and Hubby have been calling like crazy...but they always give this automated answer....I just hope things will move soon.....

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Medical Feb 16 2009

I-751 January 13 2011

Timeline
Aman --- try calling the USCIS and tell them that your case is now outside normal processing times. My husband called USCIS last Friday and complained that ours is outside normal processing times already. Looking at your info, yours is with the USCIS a little bit over 7 months. Normal processing times for I-130 is 6 months. I know it is an average length of time to wait for the I-130 but if it was that long already, there should already be some actions done to make your application move forward. Anyway, after my husband called USCIS, I checked USCIS and saw that they made an update that same day. He called 12 noon, December 12. I checked online around 8 pm, Eastern time and they had an update on my case. Then my husband just mentioned that he will make a follow up online everyday (He did not mean to scare them but he just wanted to make a point that we are on top of it.) Took 7 months also for mine to get transfered from Vermont to California. Just try calling -- make sure you have the NOA1 on hand when you call. Goodluck!

Thanks Lianne

Will ask my hubby to do that, But I don't see VSC giving any approvals, they are just transferring the files to CSC. :wacko:

What was the update on the site, did they actually transfer your file...I hope you get your approval after all this follow up with VSC.

I am just working on getting my PCC and other docs so that we don't waste any more time post approval

God I am desparate for approval :crying:

NOA1 May 09 2008

NOA2 Dec 18 2008

Medical Feb 16 2009

I-751 January 13 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.