mox

Superstitions

124 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
Anna last week decided to talk to her Astrologer/Numerology/Psychic/Gypsy person to see if we were meant to be together. I said, "isn't it a little late to be asking this? What if she says we're not meant to be?" to which she replied, "I understand why you worried this and you should worry". <long pause> And then she giggled. "no matter what she say won't change me, grandma told me go".

I lucked out, Nutjob psychic said we will be good together. :D

You do know you owe a lot to her Grandma? She is very wise and make sure you show your feelings towards her! :thumbs:

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

what American women do not seem to understand and Russian/Ukrainian women do...is that "old, fat, bald" also means (many times) "stable, comfortable, faithful, and quiet" Qualities they value far more than rock hard abs. They are not so dumb after all.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
You do know you owe a lot to her Grandma? She is very wise and make sure you show your feelings towards her! :thumbs:

Oh I do. ;)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Recently I was scolded because I pointed towards an area of my arm to show where a friend had developed a skin disease ... "never point diseases on yourself or herself." :devil:

That's a big one. Not so big when you point at your own arm.... but just wait til you point at her for something!

Anna last week decided to talk to her Astrologer/Numerology/Psychic/Gypsy person to see if we were meant to be together. I said, "isn't it a little late to be asking this? What if she says we're not meant to be?" to which she replied, "I understand why you worried this and you should worry". <long pause> And then she giggled. "no matter what she say won't change me, grandma told me go".

I lucked out, Nutjob psychic said we will be good together. :D

My wife checks a chart to see which day is good to cut her hair and do other stuff normal people would just do on their day off or before work or something. She also has the moon cycles all memorized and waits for just the right time for major events. By major I mean stuff like grocery shopping.

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

After returning from Sam's Club yesterday, I got a new one -

"Don't buy more maxi pads than what you need because next time you not gonna need them."

Translation - If you buy more than what you need for this time, she may miss her next monthy cycle. Now I don't know if I buy into all this superstition #######, but this one really got me thinking. I've been knocking on wood and drinking Mt. Dew all night just to be sure. I'm also thinking a little abstinence may be in order for the next month or so.

A little later in the evening she asked how much they were, and when I told her, she said, "Oh. Well, maybe it's a good deal to buy too many because now we have maxi pads for one year."

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
After returning from Sam's Club yesterday, I got a new one -

"Don't buy more maxi pads than what you need because next time you not gonna need them."

Translation - If you buy more than what you need for this time, she may miss her next monthy cycle. Now I don't know if I buy into all this superstition #######, but this one really got me thinking. I've been knocking on wood and drinking Mt. Dew all night just to be sure. I'm also thinking a little abstinence may be in order for the next month or so.

A little later in the evening she asked how much they were, and when I told her, she said, "Oh. Well, maybe it's a good deal to buy too many because now we have maxi pads for one year."

Now that's pretty funny!

One of those "well JUST in case" moments. ;)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: Other Country: Russia
Timeline
I noticed that when hanging out with Russians/CIS folks, I was always a lot more "stupid" than I was with Americans. It's nothing for Russians to counter your question with "what are you, stupid?"

Try that with Americans!

Dura/Durak = stupid, is used where we'd normally "tone it down" a little and say, "what are you, crazy?" In English it's insulting to call someone stupid but in Russian, stupid is perfectly acceptable if it seems stupid. (As is most everything else if it seems to be that way. Remember, there's no sugar-coating in this language! If if walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims and flies like a duck.... then it's a "!#*% duck, blat. DURAK! Utka, blat. Bozhe moy. Durak, durak, durak. Blat."

omg im laughing so hard after this one. pizdets.

• 2 weeks later...
I noticed that when hanging out with Russians/CIS folks, I was always a lot more "stupid" than I was with Americans. It's nothing for Russians to counter your question with "what are you, stupid?"

Try that with Americans!

Dura/Durak = stupid, is used where we'd normally "tone it down" a little and say, "what are you, crazy?" In English it's insulting to call someone stupid but in Russian, stupid is perfectly acceptable if it seems stupid. (As is most everything else if it seems to be that way. Remember, there's no sugar-coating in this language! If if walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, swims and flies like a duck.... then it's a "!#*% duck, blat. DURAK! Utka, blat. Bozhe moy. Durak, durak, durak. Blat."

omg im laughing so hard after this one. pizdets.

Try calling a Russian stinky once though. Dare ya!

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

"Foo, vanyaet!" is heard quite often around here, especially after a heavy night of drinking followed by Skyline Chili and/or White Castle.

Русский форум член.

"Foo, vanyaet!" is heard quite often around here, especially after a heavy night of drinking followed by Skyline Chili and/or White Castle.

:lol: Maybe I should have specified that you can't be married to the stinky.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

LOL! You know those words are usually reserved for animals! It is how you speak to a bad dog! It is very bad to speak that way to a human. What is she telling you Slim?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

LOL! You know those words are usually reserved for animals! It is how you speak to a bad dog! It is very bad to speak that way to a human. What is she telling you Slim?

:lol::yes:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I remember having a buddy come in from out of town and we all went out to dinner together. When my wife went to the restroom, he said, "dude, all this time I thought you were exaggerating.... now I know you're not."

But it's not as bad as it sounds because, as my stepdad put it, "you'll never have to guess what's on her mind!"

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.