Need a postive, informative but urgent reply

119 posts in this topic

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hopefully we will hear from Linkin sometime today.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes well for Linkin!

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Timeline
Hopefully we will hear from Linkin sometime today.

Keeping my fingers crossed that it all goes well for Linkin!

oh my Lord! I AM ALL APPROVEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD...........all paper work, interview have cleared............but waiting for atleast a month to get cleard from AP...........

ok Here i go with my today story!

at 730 in that freaky cold morning! I was there in front of embassy...........guys its massive big!..............At around 815 i was in the embassy, got the interview number there and then and took my seat......

After 30-40 min i was called for the first stage of interview at window 14, there was this British Guy who said Good moring and asked me to give him all necessary paper work....when i was giving my Pak police certificate i smiled a bit and he asked me you are smiling what happened, i was like nothing heheheeheh........(you guys know the whole story of Pak certificate)anywas.....when he was finished by arranging all my documents in the file...he said to go to window 12 to pay Visa fees which is 131$ and 81.23 in Pounds........after paying my fees, i was again with the guy at window 14, he said please take a seat and u will be called shortly...I waited for another 30min, and called at window 16 for the second stage of my Interview....Everything was smooth and easy for me from the first stage till the end...That American guy around 28-30, Said Good Morning and was like if i am all ready for the interview. I said yes and then here he goes........

first quetion Are you married?............ No

for how long you have known eachother

what she does for living.

what was she doing before this job.........

what she does apart from work............

when did u see her first............

when did u last see her............

was she living with you in london

did she came alone or friends

ok interview finished, he then sorted out all the paper work, and then handed over the blue slip by circuling around the SMS courier number that your aplication, paper work and interview have been approved but there is some kind of administrative processing and it will take max 60days to be done....but it can be more faster like a month or so...............i was like ok thats fine but i asked him question about AP that i have heard it takes months and i will be so happy if i be with my fiance asap. he said, i can understand that you guys have your plans thats why we are not processing AP cases more quickly and you will be definitly hearing something from us very soon, so you can be sure of this....being on AP isn't taking that long anymore as it was used to be........

i then said thanks to him and left the building at around 1015.............

3hours job. Get done with it............

I am happy, i didn't ask for any other documents but to wait for some more days....and definitly.......i will be hearing something very soon....as one of the VJ member was also on AP right after his interview in London embassy and he got cleared from Ap in four days....

i hope the same thing going to be happened with me....................

Thanks alot for all of you guys, your support, your experienced replies .................i realy appreicated your support and how you guys updated me in any of my query.............

Ali

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

Timeline
Many congratulations, Linkin.

I hope your AP is swift and you are with your fiance soon.

Please keep us posted as to how long the AP takes.

I will now be eating DOS ppl ears about current status of my ap process.........i am very much positive that it is not taking that long anymore....

Thanks rebeccajo :)

Filed: Other Timeline

I will now be eating DOS ppl ears about current status of my ap process.........i am very much positive that it is not taking that long anymore....

You're welcome.

I'm seriously interested in your story as it continues to unfold. We read much about AP as it relates to consulates in countries who have 'less favored' status with the US Government. While I'm not a student of the minutia of Admin Processing, it has always seemed to me that the tortuous process is exacerbated in these countries due to poor technology, poor record keeping, corrupt local law enforcement and the like.

However, it can't always be said that just because a citizen of one of these nations applies at a 'favored nation' consulate that the process will be 'swift'. I am very good friends with a person whose Egyptian fiance spent many months in AP - his interview was conducted at one of the Canadian consulates. This situation occurred in 2005 and the gentleman in question also had a career that put him in a position for more scrutiny. Nonetheless, applying in London or Canada or any other modern nation who has a good political relationship with the US doesn't guarantee a swift visa.

If the process is quicker, however, than say AP through one of the Middle Eastern consulates, I think it does speak to the professional and unprejudiced manner in which a consulate conducts itself overall.

Timeline

You're welcome.

I'm seriously interested in your story as it continues to unfold. We read much about AP as it relates to consulates in countries who have 'less favored' status with the US Government. While I'm not a student of the minutia of Admin Processing, it has always seemed to me that the tortuous process is exacerbated in these countries due to poor technology, poor record keeping, corrupt local law enforcement and the like.

However, it can't always be said that just because a citizen of one of these nations applies at a 'favored nation' consulate that the process will be 'swift'. I am very good friends with a person whose Egyptian fiance spent many months in AP - his interview was conducted at one of the Canadian consulates. This situation occurred in 2005 and the gentleman in question also had a career that put him in a position for more scrutiny. Nonetheless, applying in London or Canada or any other modern nation who has a good political relationship with the US doesn't guarantee a swift visa.

If the process is quicker, however, than say AP through one of the Middle Eastern consulates, I think it does speak to the professional and unprejudiced manner in which a consulate conducts itself overall.

i wish if i see my app gettin' done in days.....not months :)...........Linkin is always counting on the prayers of you fine ppl......

Timeline

You're welcome.

im living proof they dont process it ne faster in a "favored nation" i have a pakistani fiance who is also a student living in uk. we did our interview in london as well. they gave us the 60 day max talk as well.......10 months later we still n ap.....

i am slowly going crazy 1 2 3 4 5 6 SWITCH! crazy going slowly am i 6 5 4 3 2 1 SWITCH!

Timeline

You're welcome.

there must be something that u were lacking at the interview, i can see other ppl experiences, their fiances had the same status in UK and gone through with interview for K1 in Us embassy and also got cleared from Ap within a month, there are four ppl i have seen on VJ so far on the same case and they all cleared from AP....I dont know what happened in your case and why you are still hanging on AP...........didn't u ask DOS or embassy about your fiance case status....?????????????

can you tell me ur story what sort of dcouments u submitted, for how long ur fiance is here. what was happened in the interview stuff like that?????

im living proof they dont process it ne faster in a "favored nation" i have a pakistani fiance who is also a student living in uk. we did our interview in london as well. they gave us the 60 day max talk as well.......10 months later we still n ap.....

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

\

You're welcome.

Have you had any contacts with them regarding why its so long? And I wonder if its time to get someone else involved. Like some people do here, they call thier senator, or representative ..

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Timeline

ya i have already got the senators and congressman involved...still nothing. we just have to wait our turn

i am slowly going crazy 1 2 3 4 5 6 SWITCH! crazy going slowly am i 6 5 4 3 2 1 SWITCH!

Timeline
ya i have already got the senators and congressman involved...still nothing. we just have to wait our turn

I am wondering and realy sorry to heard that you are still on AP, but you can also see other ppl, their ap cleared in a matter of a month......their cases were just like yours one........doesn't it tell you anything that you should try harder to move up in your case.....call them up and keep doing that, Inshallha o aziz you will be hearing something soon........my prayers are with you, your eyes shouldn't be sad anymore..... :)

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I am wondering and realy sorry to heard that you are still on AP, but you can also see other ppl, their ap cleared in a matter of a month......their cases were just like yours one........doesn't it tell you anything that you should try harder to move up in your case.....call them up and keep doing that, Inshallha o aziz you will be hearing something soon........my prayers are with you, your eyes shouldn't be sad anymore..... :)

Cases take longer in AP for case specific reasons. "AP" is not just a set of initials. It means (additional) Administrative Processing. That processing includes but is not limited to additional security and name checks. If information comes to light that requires further investigation, each avenue of that investigation proceeds in its own time frame. Sometimes it gets stalled for months waiting its turn for the appropriate personnel or department to have time to do their part. A month is a best case scenario that assumes no issues arrise during the AP itself.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.