Linkin

Need a postive, informative but urgent reply

119 posts in this topic

yesterday, i talked to my brother who will be DHL the certificate as soon as he gets it. let's say if he sends the certificate on 14th of 15th of december and also text me the DHL tracking number so that i could track and get the print out of that tracking page. is it a good exercise to bring that tracking page along with scanned or faxed copy of certificate? is it still going to give my visa interview an unfavourable eye....

Might not hurt to have the fax copy and your packing/tracking number.

When did you apply for your police certifications?

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
yesterday, i talked to my brother who will be DHL the certificate as soon as he gets it. let's say if he sends the certificate on 14th of 15th of december and also text me the DHL tracking number so that i could track and get the print out of that tracking page. is it a good exercise to bring that tracking page along with scanned or faxed copy of certificate? is it still going to give my visa interview an unfavourable eye....

more or less a month ago! but as per my bro last visit to police certificate office, they say it will be gettin' done in a week or so!

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

Filed: Other Timeline
We wouldn't have told him that this is what the consulate will do if it weren't true.

Are you saying that you know for certain what the consulate will do? Because that is what this statement means.

Personally, I don't have any idea. I know that I was afraid to send my documentation to the Bangkok embassy before my fiancee had the police report in hand, so I did not. I do not know what additional scrutiny a non-UK resident from Pakistan will receive in London, and I also don't know how many examples we have of such cases.

I am not trying to scare anyone. I am only stating what I would do if somehow I was dropped into his situation.

Finally, imagine that what to you seems unimaginable did occur and that some mean person asked why he certified that he had the document when he did not have it. Would it be a good idea to state, "I didn't want to delay my appointment."?

The original question was about what the consulate will do if he cannot produce a police certificate on the date of the interview.

Without question I can advise the OP that the lack of the certificate alone will not cause a visa denial. There is much anecdotal evidence at London that they will simply not issue the visa until a satisfactory police report has been produced.

My point is this - if this gentleman does not have his police report on the date of his interview, he won't be the first applicant at that consulate to arrive in that condition. And a lack of the report will have nothing to do with whether or not he is placed into Administrative Processing. If it is currently the policy of the consulate to place all nationals of Pakistan on AP, then that will occur with or without a police certificate on date of interview.

more or less a month ago! but as per my bro last visit to police certificate office, they say it will be gettin' done in a week or so!

You have been advised by another poster to this thread to expect to wait three months. I suggest you research recent anecdotal histories to see if such is the case. The authorities in your home country are not known for kept promises.

Timeline
We wouldn't have told him that this is what the consulate will do if it weren't true.

Are you saying that you know for certain what the consulate will do? Because that is what this statement means.

Personally, I don't have any idea. I know that I was afraid to send my documentation to the Bangkok embassy before my fiancee had the police report in hand, so I did not. I do not know what additional scrutiny a non-UK resident from Pakistan will receive in London, and I also don't know how many examples we have of such cases.

I am not trying to scare anyone. I am only stating what I would do if somehow I was dropped into his situation.

Finally, imagine that what to you seems unimaginable did occur and that some mean person asked why he certified that he had the document when he did not have it. Would it be a good idea to state, "I didn't want to delay my appointment."?

The original question was about what the consulate will do if he cannot produce a police certificate on the date of the interview.

Without question I can advise the OP that the lack of the certificate alone will not cause a visa denial. There is much anecdotal evidence at London that they will simply not issue the visa until a satisfactory police report has been produced.

My point is this - if this gentleman does not have his police report on the date of his interview, he won't be the first applicant at that consulate to arrive in that condition. And a lack of the report will have nothing to do with whether or not he is placed into Administrative Processing. If it is currently the policy of the consulate to place all nationals of Pakistan on AP, then that will occur with or without a police certificate on date of interview.

You have been advised by another poster to this thread to expect to wait three months. I suggest you research recent anecdotal histories to see if such is the case. The authorities in your home country are not known for kept promises.

yes that will be another story to keep on holding for another 3 months for that freaky AP or AR thingies. Authorities in my back home are not known for kept promises but thats another issues and this is what a politics of our world. who is keeping promises and doing favours in other favours, if embassy has to take these points in their consideration before giving visa, then i wouldn't think that any nationals from Pakistan would ever get permit to fly any country....I can say that authrities are delaying my certificate but embassy won't think like how i am thinking. but all the info i provided, am i still in the position to convinced them that i just hit by this uxpected situation.????

Timeline

yes that will be another story to keep on holding for another 3 months for that freaky AP or AR thingies. Authorities in my back home are not known for kept promises but thats another issues and this is what a politics of our world. who is keeping promises and doing favours in other favours, if embassy has to take these points in their consideration before giving visa, then i wouldn't think that any nationals from Pakistan would ever get permit to fly any country....I can say that authrities are delaying my certificate but embassy won't think like how i am thinking. but all the info i provided, am i still in the position to convinced them that i just hit by this uxpected situation.????

you are right, i read one fellow story that his interview was fine but he had to hung on AP...but why is like that, I have no idea, if us embassy is calling someone in Interview, so we normally assume that they have taken all necesarry steps to track the applicant whether he's eligible or not.......so why this AP or AR fuss again n again.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My wife was able to get police certificate in pakistan in four daysis done. These people are jerking you around. The police want a bribe to get the job done unfortunately. They will keep telling you another week then another week until you pay it or they give up figuring you will never pay (which could be months). I know some people may not like to hear this but this is the way things work in some places on this earth.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
you are right, i read one fellow story that his interview was fine but he had to hung on AP...but why is like that, I have no idea, if us embassy is calling someone in Interview, so we normally assume that they have taken all necesarry steps to track the applicant whether he's eligible or not.......so why this AP or AR fuss again n again.

If what you said was the case, you may have to wait years for your interview. Likewise, all of these checks are expensive. They want to interview you first to make sure you are eligible and qualified for the visa before they spend that money. My wife is on AP so i say that as one of the people going through the process.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Islamabad, Pakistan

Marriage : 2007-11-24

I-130 Sent : 2008-01-17

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-02-12

Expedite Request Approved - 2008-04-17

NOA2: 2008-04-22

National Visa Center

Case Number Assigned: 2008-04-25

DS-3032 and AOS Fee Bill Generated: 2008-05-05

AOS Fee Bill Paid: 2008-05-03

DS-3032 Accepted: 2008-05-07

I-864 Hard Copy Mailed: 2008-05-07

IV Fee Bill Paid - 2008-08-04

DS230 Mailed - 2008-08-06

Case Completed - 2008-08-13

Interview - 2008-10-07 - Put on AP

Passport Requested - 2008-12-14

Passport Received - 2008-12-26

POE - 2008-12-29

Timeline

My wife was able to get police certificate in pakistan in four daysis done. These people are jerking you around. The police want a bribe to get the job done unfortunately. They will keep telling you another week then another week until you pay it or they give up figuring you will never pay (which could be months). I know some people may not like to hear this but this is the way things work in some places on this earth.

thats what i figured out as well, even bribe is taken every corner of this world, so there is no wonder if someone at our side is taking bribe.......but my dear who's surviving I....:) i am just freaked out and praying for good to be happened..cuz my case processed very quickly...no fuss or hassle i faced upto now,

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Just for the record, I agree completely with both the above paragraphs.

Where we differ is that I'm considering that this is not a standard everyday London case. This is a young male immigrant from Pakistan. As such his interview is likely to be different. (By policy it is supposed to be.) He'll probably be subject to additional scrutiny during the interview. As such, it is likely what might be considered an innocent mistake from a Londoner would be considered an intentional lie from the OP. If so, reasonable people tend to wonder what other lies may be discovered. There may not be any but the OP would be wise to be prepared for it.

Yes, certainly the AP is almost assured, regardless of anything to do with a police report.

I'm sure you're correct about how the majority of applicants missing police reports are treated but I'm suggesting the problem is not the missing police report but the LIE about the missing police report. The extra scrutiny is likely to magnify the importance of that little white lie and bring additional scrutiny. Scrutiny is something to prepare for, not to "fear". If there's nothing to find, why fear?

To Linkin:

Don't make excuses for the lie. Should it come up, take responsibility without excuse along the lines of, "I'm sorry. I was under the impression I would have it in plenty of time." In Western cultures, officials with responsibility to enforce laws, do not generally respond positively to excuses/reasons why people lie to them. Instead, they are offended that they were lied to and expect other things you tell them are lies as well. When you make excuses for lies, they are even more certain you'll lie anytime you find untruth more expedient than the truth. By the same token our culture tends to respect a person for admitting wrong and offering sincere apology.

Regardless of what anybody else says about middle eastern males and suspicion, I am offering an opinion about what a professional Consular Officer doing his duty under current official policy will "do" and no opinion whatsoever about whether you personally "deserve" such treatment.

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, I commonly advise applicants in China to do exactly as you've done, just send the checklist in as complete. The difference is the timelines for both document procurement and interview scheduling are predictable enough to avoid the conflict you now face. Sometimes though, "little white lies" come back and bite us in the behind. When they do, excuses seldom help.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Where we differ is that I'm considering that this is not a standard everyday London case. This is a young male immigrant from Pakistan. As such his interview is likely to be different. (By policy it is supposed to be.) He'll probably be subject to additional scrutiny during the interview. As such, it is likely what might be considered an innocent mistake from a Londoner would be considered an intentional lie from the OP. If so, reasonable people tend to wonder what other lies may be discovered. There may not be any but the OP would be wise to be prepared for it.

Yes, certainly the AP is almost assured, regardless of anything to do with a police report.

I'm sure you're correct about how the majority of applicants missing police reports are treated but I'm suggesting the problem is not the missing police report but the LIE about the missing police report. The extra scrutiny is likely to magnify the importance of that little white lie and bring additional scrutiny. Scrutiny is something to prepare for, not to "fear". If there's nothing to find, why fear?

To Linkin:

Don't make excuses for the lie. Should it come up, take responsibility without excuse along the lines of, "I'm sorry. I was under the impression I would have it in plenty of time." In Western cultures, officials with responsibility to enforce laws, do not generally respond positively to excuses/reasons why people lie to them. Instead, they are offended that they were lied to and expect other things you tell them are lies as well. When you make excuses for lies, they are even more certain you'll lie anytime you find untruth more expedient than the truth. By the same token our culture tends to respect a person for admitting wrong and offering sincere apology.

Regardless of what anybody else says about middle eastern males and suspicion, I am offering an opinion about what a professional Consular Officer doing his duty under current official policy will "do" and no opinion whatsoever about whether you personally "deserve" such treatment.

As I've mentioned earlier in the thread, I commonly advise applicants in China to do exactly as you've done, just send the checklist in as complete. The difference is the timelines for both document procurement and interview scheduling are predictable enough to avoid the conflict you now face. Sometimes though, "little white lies" come back and bite us in the behind. When they do, excuses seldom help.

I have no say in what did u say. one of the poster in here said i am not gonna be the first case in the embassy who is coming without the police certificate. if they are giving me visa, they will definitly be telling me to produce that certificate and get the visa....visa officer doesnt realy have to think like what you might be thinking.........

Timeline

To Linkin:

I have no say in what did u say. one of the poster in here said i am not gonna be the first case in the embassy who is coming without the police certificate. if they are giving me visa, they will definitly be telling me to produce that certificate and get the visa....visa officer doesnt realy have to think like what you might be thinking.........

Of course he doesn't have to and might not. Nevertheless, if I were in you shoes I would be prepared for exactly that. Perhaps you'll be fortunate and never need the preparation. It's entirely up to you.

Please do let us know how things work out.

Edited by pushbrk

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

First of all I would like to clarify the following:

Being of Pakistani origin does NOT mean one is of middle-eastern descent.

Pakistan is NOT in the middle-east.

Pakistan is in South Asia.

South Asia is NOT the middle-east.

So first of all, please get this fact correct. Pakistanis have a right to be known correctly just as other nationalities have the same right as well.

Second of all:

There are many countries besides Pakistan that are considered "high fraud" by the US. And since this is an immigration forum and we are trying to help each other out, I see NO REASON to bring up something so irrelevant as anything to do with current politics involving Pakistan.

And the reasons for Pakistan being on the list for "high fraud" also has nothing to do with supporting any type of group, it has to do with visa fraud, immigration fraud, hence more security/background checks, not to mention that even having a Pakistani/Muslim sounding name can put one on AP/AR.

So please, can we keep to the topic and get our facts straight.

Thank you,

-MARM

Visa Journey completed, but we are still here to provide support! :)

Filed: Other Timeline

So first of all, please get this fact correct. Pakistanis have a right to be known correctly just as other nationalities have the same right as well.

Second of all:

There are many countries besides Pakistan that are considered "high fraud" by the US. And since this is an immigration forum and we are trying to help each other out, I see NO REASON to bring up something so irrelevant as anything to do with current politics involving Pakistan.

And the reasons for Pakistan being on the list for "high fraud" also has nothing to do with supporting any type of group, it has to do with visa fraud, immigration fraud, hence more security/background checks, not to mention that even having a Pakistani/Muslim sounding name can put one on AP/AR.

Thank you,

-MARM

Marm - Sorry for lumping a 'condition' (ie Adminstrative Processing) into a geographical category. I guess our phraseology does have to do with politics. Which unfortunately, I think, does have to do with the condition (AP) as much as a high rate of fraud. World politics and matters of security do play a part in visa issuance.

What I have disagreed with in this thread is the taking of a persons country of origin and making that persons error in judgment out to be a bigger issue than it would be for a native UK'er. Maybe that is because I don't consider it to be a 'lie' to send in the checklist stating you have all your documents when you don't. I might consider it to be poor judgment or a risky move, but not a lie. I get the impression that the real issue here is that the missing certificate is from Pakistan, and that bothers me.

So what say you about this? Is this gentleman at more risk for a denial because he is from Pakistan, and doesn't have a certificate from that country? Will his arrival at the consular doors without it be taken as he is trying to get away with something?

I think it simply means the CO will crank at him in the same manner he would a white boy from Liverpool about being ill-prepared, and will tell him that the visa can't be issued until he produces the document.

Timeline

Second of all:

Thank you,

-MARM

Marm - Sorry for lumping a 'condition' (ie Adminstrative Processing) into a geographical category. I guess our phraseology does have to do with politics. Which unfortunately, I think, does have to do with the condition (AP) as much as a high rate of fraud. World politics and matters of security do play a part in visa issuance.

What I have disagreed with in this thread is the taking of a persons country of origin and making that persons error in judgment out to be a bigger issue than it would be for a native UK'er. Maybe that is because I don't consider it to be a 'lie' to send in the checklist stating you have all your documents when you don't. I might consider it to be poor judgment or a risky move, but not a lie. I get the impression that the real issue here is that the missing certificate is from Pakistan, and that bothers me.

So what say you about this? Is this gentleman at more risk for a denial because he is from Pakistan, and doesn't have a certificate from that country? Will his arrival at the consular doors without it be taken as he is trying to get away with something?

I think it simply means the CO will crank at him in the same manner he would a white boy from Liverpool about being ill-prepared, and will tell him that the visa can't be issued until he produces the document.

I am in complete agreement with you on this! :yes:

I think the worst is there will be a delay on issuance until he produces the document.

How this turned into a theoretical debate, I'll never understand! :no:

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Timeline
How this turned into a theoretical debate, I'll never understand! :no:

In this case "never" would only be because you don't try. If you want to understand, spend a few minutes reading here.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=79

It's not about a rogue Consulate. It's about US National security and Pakistani male visa applicants. They are not treated materially differently in London.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.