Linkin

Need a postive, informative but urgent reply

119 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Timeline
If someone believes the person's nationality or country of origin does not matter at the interview, then just compare the rates of administrative processing (AP) between different countries. Given this individual is from Pakistan and not the UK, it is very suspicious in my estimation to not have the police certificate from the place where you spent most of your life.

Moreover, there is a problem even with bringing a copy of the police certificate with you. The checklist that you submitted for the interview is dated. They could just compare the date on the police certificate to the date on the checklist and prove you are lying unequivocally. You should never under any circumstances lie to immigration authorities. Pushbrk is definitely right that even one noticed lie can bring significantly more scrutiny. Those who are untruthful deserve to be grilled and should prepare for the CO to do it.

It is not suspicious to not have the police certificate. It is poor preparation, but not 'suspicious'.

It's the lie the brings the suspicion. The lack of the police report is the evidence of the lie.

Yes, I expect the copy will not be sufficient to to avoid delaying the visa but nobody suggested otherwise. The copy can turn the perception of a lie to the perception of a mistake thereby opening the possibility of avoiding the extra scrutiny being caught in a lie would bring.

You think I'm exaggerating. I'm don't think so and I doubt you'll find much agreement with your position if you spout it in the MENA forum. It's seven years after 9/11 and this is a young man from Pakistan. He's likely to be waiting through AP anyway. No need to bring extra scrutiny on himself. The lie has already been told. Providing the copy, if possible is a great idea.

I invite members of the MENA forum, who have sponsored visa applicants of Pakistani birth who filed a visa application at the London consulate, to come to this thread and let us know how the interview was handled.

I also idly note that in today's day and age, if the visa applicant can manage to get his hands on a 'copy' of his police certificate, he can likely come to the interview with the original. Federal Express is global, you know. And copies can be forgeries of originals. If you want to continue to spar with speculations and opinions, then I will offer that were I a CO and someone showed me a copy instead of an original, I would look unfavorably on that.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I'm a professor, and I've been grading my MBA students' papers today. A couple of them did not follow some basic written directions that were passed out at the beginning of the term. They had several months to make sure that they followed these instructions, so I do not look favorably on papers that have not followed the guidelines. When I see that they did not do so, I deduct points for the omission. BUT... I also tend to give those papers A LOT MORE SCRUTINY to see what else they might have been sloppy about. For example, I don't check every budget figure in every paper, but on these papers I DO. If I find enough problems with a paper, a failing grade will be assigned. In addition, if I find that (even minor) cheating was involved, a failing grade will be assigned regardless of he quality of the paper.

So my question is... am I being too harsh on my students?

Oh... this is an immigration forum. I apologize for the off topic post. :whistle:

:rofl:

Timeline:

3/11/08 I 129 F filed

3/20/08 NOA1

6/20/08 NOA2

7/05/08 Packet 3

12/22/08 Interview

12/29/08 Visa Delivered

1/26/08 POE

3/20/08 Wedding

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I also idly note that in today's day and age, if the visa applicant can manage to get his hands on a 'copy' of his police certificate, he can likely come to the interview with the original. Federal Express is global, you know. And copies can be forgeries of originals. If you want to continue to spar with speculations and opinions, then I will offer that were I a CO and someone showed me a copy instead of an original, I would look unfavorably on that.

I would look unfavorably on it too in that the visa would not be granted until I saw the correct document but not as unfavorably as I would look upon his not showing me anything after signing a statement saying he had the document in his possession. In other words, I wouldn't be as likely to conclude he was a liar.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I would look unfavorably on it too in that the visa would not be granted until I saw the correct document but not as unfavorably as I would look upon his not showing me anything after signing a statement saying he had the document in his possession. In other words, I wouldn't be as likely to conclude he was a liar.

I already know what one of my students would say...

"Oh, I'm sorry Doctor A, FedEx is SOOOO expensive and the instructions did not say that I had to supply an ORIGINAL, so I had my brother scan this and email it to me. I'll get that original document to you as soon as possible..."

And I would sigh, and say, "OK, get it in ASAP."

And before the next term I would fix the instructions to state, "ORIGINAL".

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I'm sure it varies depending on the embassy, but for what it's worth, my wife was unable to get her original German police certificate prior to her interview in Moscow. She had only a faxed copy and I was sure we would have to wait for the original before the embassy would issue the visa. To our surprise they were OK with the faxed copy and the visa was issued without delay.

I would show up with the copy and see what happens, or call and see if you can delay it a few weeks.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

ummm.....at this point in time, there is a general suspicion abroad that there are some disreputable folks in Pakistan (and elsewhere, of coure) so in my view, it pays to provide incontrovertible proof to our consulates.

Timeline
If I were your Consular Officer, I'd be thinking, "Well he lied about having his police certificate, so what else is he lying about? Can I believe anything he says?" Good luck getting a visa after lying in writing to immigration officials.

That's a harsh and unnecessary response.

The simple answer is a visa will not be granted until all required police certificates have been provided to the consulate.

If all other documentation asked for by the consulate is adequate, London will approve the visa pending the receipt of the Pakistani police certificate.

You seem to be forgetting about the "interview". Getting a visa particularly for a citizen of Pakistan (even in London) takes more than "documentation". There is likely to be far more scrutiny of this applicant than for a UK citizen. I told the poster what I would be thinking so he can be prepared. Sometimes reality is harsh and a visa interview is "real".

I'm not forgetting about anything.

Firstly, we are not certain the beneficiary is a citizen of Pakistan. All we know is he needs a police certificate from that country.

Secondly, the UK is a very diverse nation. Walk down the streets of London if you need evidence of that. A person who is 'brown' isn't going to raise the eyebrows of a CO at that consulate one bit.

LINKIN ADDED!

I am not sure how to add up more Info in regards of my post.

But just to let all respected PPl in here especially Mr Pushbrk,,,,first of all I and anyone at this forum don't wanna mess around with embassy officials, secondly, i had a reasonable and true intentions to send the checklist earlier so that i could get an interview date on time so that I and my fiancee can be together before 1st of Jan...That her birthday date and mine is on 5th of january, on top of that we are plannin' to get marry in the same month so that we could mark this month with loads of celebrations day in it...but i got a delay thats realy ruining our plans,

you can now easily by reviewing the situation i have if i told lie or what???

I am a Pakistani citizen living in europe for abotu 6 years.

AOS Transferred to CSC.......................August 4th 2009

AP/EAD Approval Notice appeared....August 21st 2009

AP/EAD received in mails.................... 08/27/09, 08/31/09

AOS at CSC.............................................Pending

Timeline
ummm.....at this point in time, there is a general suspicion abroad that there are some disreputable folks in Pakistan (and elsewhere, of coure) so in my view, it pays to provide incontrovertible proof to our consulates.

I didn't know that i would be seeing such replies that is basically turning the real material of my post. Ppl who are saying i told lie, please bear this in mind, that one can be in a rush to get his visa asap, i would be agreed that sending checklist to the embassy is all about having documents in applicant's possession but its not like that i am making myself suspicious in any ways that CO will look at me as i did something wrong that could dismissle my visa application as i lie to them. I didn't lie as far as i am concerned but ppl who calls them straight forward, doesn't realy have to take anything negative. there are always two sides of stories, but some folks in here just stickin' with one side. I can heartly appreicate other ppl's positive opinion but how about those ppl who are taking this post in a wrong way...

didn't it ever happen in your life that you are planning for something and some delays just happened to came across....???

that's the same thing happened with me....ppl in embassy are human and i don't fink they always take or assume the one side of story, they can't be positive or negative but both, that's why they are sittin' on th CO chair......

I am not sure how to add up more Info in regards of my post.

But just to let all respected PPl in here especially Mr Pushbrk,,,,first of all I and anyone at this forum don't wanna mess around with embassy officials, secondly, i had a reasonable and true intentions to send the checklist earlier so that i could get an interview date on time so that I and my fiancee can be together before 1st of Jan...That her birthday date and mine is on 5th of january, on top of that we are plannin' to get marry in the same month so that we could mark this month with loads of celebrations day in it...but i got a delay thats realy ruining our plans,

you can now easily by reviewing the situation i have if i told lie or what???

I am a Pakistani citizen living in europe for abotu 6 years.

I understand that you want to be together, but you should understand that there is a difference between 1. not lying and 2. having a reason for lying.

What you have stated is number 2. (Discerning readers will note the unintentional, but nonetheless applicable double entendre...)

I'm really NOT being judgmental, but most U.S. authorities don't want to hear number 2. Sit through any day in court here and this becomes very obvious.

Some posters believe that none of this will matter and that the Embassy will simply ask you to bring the documentation later. I sincerely hope that is correct! My advice stands... take the copy and do NOT give the explanation about the birthdays that you have provided above. Good luck!

I didn't know that i would be seeing such replies that is basically turning the real material of my post.

The poster does not mean that YOU are disreputable, IMO. I think he/she is referring to folks like the Taliban and their supporters.

Timeline

I didn't know that i would be seeing such replies that is basically turning the real material of my post. Ppl who are saying i told lie, please bear this in mind, that one can be in a rush to get his visa asap, i would be agreed that sending checklist to the embassy is all about having documents in applicant's possession but its not like that i am making myself suspicious in any ways that CO will look at me as i did something wrong that could dismissle my visa application as i lie to them. I didn't lie as far as i am concerned but ppl who calls them straight forward, doesn't realy have to take anything negative. there are always two sides of stories, but some folks in here just stickin' with one side. I can heartly appreicate other ppl's positive opinion but how about those ppl who are taking this post in a wrong way...

didn't it ever happen in your life that you are planning for something and some delays just happened to came across....???

that's the same thing happened with me....ppl in embassy are human and i don't fink they always take or assume the one side of story, they can't be positive or negative but both, that's why they are sittin' on th CO chair......

i am trying my level best to atleast get the scanned or faxed copy of the certificate, atleast i would have something to show that original is on the way and can be delivered ASAP.

but we never know what embassy thinks......else about if embassy looks at me with any suspicious eyes...i am in europe for the past 6 years, lived in germany and living in UK, got police certificates from both countries but didn't get the back home certificate cuz of some delay becuase of bad political conditions over there, and as far as i am concerned, CO also knows what's going on in the world......

Filed: Other Timeline
Some posters believe that none of this will matter and that the Embassy will simply ask you to bring the documentation later. I sincerely hope that is correct! My advice stands... take the copy and do NOT give the explanation about the birthdays that you have provided above. Good luck!

We wouldn't have told him that this is what the consulate will do if it weren't true.

Why are you people insisting on scaring the bejesus out of this applicant? It. Makes. No. Sense.

Timeline

I didn't know that i would be seeing such replies that is basically turning the real material of my post.

The poster does not mean that YOU are disreputable, IMO. I think he/she is referring to folks like the Taliban and their supporters.

yes! but my post doenst' need the replies about who is disreputable, who is supportion Taliban so please :ot2:

We wouldn't have told him that this is what the consulate will do if it weren't true.

Are you saying that you know for certain what the consulate will do? Because that is what this statement means.

Personally, I don't have any idea. I know that I was afraid to send my documentation to the Bangkok embassy before my fiancee had the police report in hand, so I did not. I do not know what additional scrutiny a non-UK resident from Pakistan will receive in London, and I also don't know how many examples we have of such cases.

I am not trying to scare anyone. I am only stating what I would do if somehow I was dropped into his situation.

Finally, imagine that what to you seems unimaginable did occur and that some mean person asked why he certified that he had the document when he did not have it. Would it be a good idea to state, "I didn't want to delay my appointment."?

Timeline

yes! but my post doenst' need the replies about who is disreputable, who is supportion Taliban so please :ot2:

yesterday, i talked to my brother who will be DHL the certificate as soon as he gets it. let's say if he sends the certificate on 14th of 15th of december and also text me the DHL tracking number so that i could track and get the print out of that tracking page. is it a good exercise to bring that tracking page along with scanned or faxed copy of certificate? is it still going to give my visa interview an unfavourable eye....

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.