w¡n9Nµ7 §£@¥€r

Obama unveils his jobs plan - he will put you to work installing new light bulbs

38 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline
Our government now pays the highest energy bill in the world. We need to change that. We need to upgrade our federal buildings by replacing old heating systems and installing efficient light bulbs. That won’t just save you, the American taxpayer, billions of dollars each year. It will put people back to work.

So..why don't they just have the existing maintenance crews go down to Lowes, pick up what they need, and replace them one afternoon? I guess a better question might be why haven't they done that already?

We replaced all of our bulbs. We didn't make a big project out of it and we didn't bring in extra workers. They just gave us a bulb and we replaced it. Took about 30 seconds.

I think he's talking about more than light bulbs, but you have a point.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Geez, I was going to post this yesterday...What took you so long AJ?

I think ex California Gerry Brown, a.k.a. Govenor "Moon-Beam" has lost his title! We now have President Moon-Beam....

I'm sure all those white collar workers with 100k+/year jobs will enjoy changing light bulbs and digging ditches....

Wrong program and an obscene waste of money. This is what happens when the Dem's take over. Industry, and corporate America can't be trusted to create jobs, only the Dem's can do that...sheesh!

Barack, Nancy, Rangel, Schumer, Frank, and let's not forget the ever popular Harry we all will now be beholden to for our livelihoods!

miss_me_yet.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I am stunned that "this" is what people are suppose to draw confidence from.

While I certainly am no Obama supporter, I do have a very big stake in his success, as does everyone related to the housing market.

But there was one spot of humor; When he pointed out that our Govt has the highest energy bill of any country...... Well Yeah! Our Government is HUGE and apparently getting ready to get even bigger.

What Country did he think would have a bigger Gov't (and energy bill to match) than the USA?

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

While I certainly am no Obama supporter, I do have a very big stake in his success, as does everyone related to the housing market.

But there was one spot of humor; When he pointed out that our Govt has the highest energy bill of any country...... Well Yeah! Our Government is HUGE and apparently getting ready to get even bigger.

What Country did he think would have a bigger Gov't (and energy bill to match) than the USA?

For someone who has such a huge stake in his success, you sure are willing on hop on anything that is perceived as a mistake. Your siggy says it all.

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Our government now pays the highest energy bill in the world. We need to change that. We need to upgrade our federal buildings by replacing old heating systems and installing efficient light bulbs. That won’t just save you, the American taxpayer, billions of dollars each year. It will put people back to work.

So..why don't they just have the existing maintenance crews go down to Lowes, pick up what they need, and replace them one afternoon? I guess a better question might be why haven't they done that already?

We replaced all of our bulbs. We didn't make a big project out of it and we didn't bring in extra workers. They just gave us a bulb and we replaced it. Took about 30 seconds.

I think he's talking about more than light bulbs, but you have a point.

Yes, the Heating and A/C businesses should see nice growth out of this. I don't think just anyone can do that sort of work though.

In the long run though, this energy wise business is going to cost jobs. I started replacing the bulbs in my house 4 years ago with these new ones. I have yet to replace one of the new types.

Nobody is going to be needed to make bulbs anymore!

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline
In the long run though, this energy wise business is going to cost jobs. I started replacing the bulbs in my house 4 years ago with these new ones. I have yet to replace one of the new types.

All the "new type" bulbs are made in China.

Sure they last for a longtime, but you need a HazMat team to cleanup your house if one breaks.

Seriously, look at the warnings on the CFL bulbs.

For one, you're to immediately evacuate the area because of the toxic mercury. I am NOT kidding.

So all the folks Congress has put out of business by mandating CFL bulbs, can now get training in HazMat.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

We should use less efficient bulbs. That way we can build more power plants staffed with Americans.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline
We should use less efficient bulbs. That way we can build more power plants staffed with Americans.

That's right. And it should be illegal to use any settings on your PC that allow the it to hibernate when you aren't using it for 15 minutes. We're putting coal minors out of work.

20-July -03 Meet Nicole

17-May -04 Divorce Final. I-129F submitted to USCIS

02-July -04 NOA1

30-Aug -04 NOA2 (Approved)

13-Sept-04 NVC to HCMC

08-Oc t -04 Pack 3 received and sent

15-Dec -04 Pack 4 received.

24-Jan-05 Interview----------------Passed

28-Feb-05 Visa Issued

06-Mar-05 ----Nicole is here!!EVERYBODY DANCE!

10-Mar-05 --US Marriage

01-Nov-05 -AOS complete

14-Nov-07 -10 year green card approved

12-Mar-09 Citizenship Oath Montebello, CA

May '04- Mar '09! The 5 year journey is complete!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

All the "new type" bulbs are made in China.

Sure they last for a longtime, but you need a HazMat team to cleanup your house if one breaks.

Seriously, look at the warnings on the CFL bulbs.

For one, you're to immediately evacuate the area because of the toxic mercury. I am NOT kidding.

So all the folks Congress has put out of business by mandating CFL bulbs, can now get training in HazMat.

good point.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Timeline
We won’t do it the old Washington way. We won’t just throw money at the problem. ...We need to upgrade our federal buildings by replacing old heating systems and installing efficient light bulbs. .,......by making the single largest new investment in our national infrastructure since the creation of the federal highway system in the 1950s. We’ll invest your precious tax dollars in new and smarter ways, and we’ll set a simple rule – use it or lose it. If a state doesn’t act quickly to invest in roads and bridges in their communities, they’ll lose the money.

Third, my economic recovery plan will launch the most sweeping effort to modernize and upgrade school buildings that this country has ever seen. We will repair broken schools, make them energy-efficient, and put new computers in our classrooms. Because to help our children compete in a 21st century economy, we need to send them to 21st century school

Firstly, the bits in red sure sound like the old way of 'throwing money' at problems.

Secondly, linking hospitals to the net has fuque all to do with 'economic recovery'.....and as far as schools being lacking, HOW BOUT PAYING TEACHERS A LITTLE MORE? But yeah, lightbulbs...that's fuqin brill :rolleyes:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

For someone who has such a huge stake in his success, you sure are willing on hop on anything that is perceived as a mistake. Your siggy says it all.

It's not a "mistake".

A mistake is when I pick up your car keys because they look like mine.

What we have here is nothing short of inventing ways to spend tax dollars on Gov't... none-the-less.

My reservations concerning Obama dealt more on social issues, I thought he might get smart people together and get the economy moving but it looks like I had more areas to be concerned about with him than I knew~!

However, he is not even in office yet and might still have some useful plans to come so let's wait and see (hope) that lightbulbs are not the essence of his "get America back to work" program.

type2homophobia_zpsf8eddc83.jpg

"Those people who will not be governed by God

will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

Timeline

so what is next after we've changed every light bulb in america? :unsure:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

We'll have a brighter future :D

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Timeline

We'll have a brighter future :D

i vote for emptying every trash can next.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *