Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

hey guys!! got a new date for my interview.. April 7!! woohoooo!!

Ours is April 8th! And my fiance is on his way to Croatia as I type. :)

Good luck to you too!!! :thumbs:

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Just wanted to talk about how my call to the NVC went today. They received my case on the 23 of March and I got my case number on that date. I called Monday of this week and learned for the first time that my case was undergoing "additional processing".

Today I was going to be relentless in tryng to find what this "additional processing" meant and how long before my case would be sent on to the consulate. The woman I talked to either did not know anything or just was not very friendly. I didn't expect her to know specifically why my case was help up. She made it sould normal and that the process takes up to 4 weeks. That does not agree to what I have always heard here about K visas - they stop very briefly on their way to the foreign consulate. I asked if my case was being treated differently than others ... I asked why I was sent a letter saying that my case would be forwarded "within a week" to my consulate. I was very polite but persistent in asking what this delay meant.

The only answer I got was that it takes up to 4 weeks and I will be contacted when it is sent on. They always confirm my phone number and email address when I call for some reason. I find it hard to believe that they would ever call me!

I just would love to know, as I suppose everyone here would, why this delay happens and what a legitimate assessment of the wait will be. The waiting isn't the worst part ... Its not knowing how long the wait will be.

Darn it! I've got a wedding to plan!

Thanks for listening to my rant.

Edited by Matt & Bing

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Just wanted to talk about how my call to the NVC went today. They received my case on the 23 of March and I got my case number on that date. I called Monday of this week and learned for the first time that my case was undergoing "additional processing".

Today I was going to be relentless in tryng to find what this "additional processing" meant and how long before my case would be sent on to the consulate. The woman I talked to either did not know anything or just was not very friendly. I didn't expect her to know specifically why my case was help up. She made it sould normal and that the process takes up to 4 weeks. That does not agree to what I have always heard here about K visas - they stop very briefly on their way to the foreign consulate. I asked if my case was being treated differently than others ... I asked why I was sent a letter saying that my case would be forwarded "within a week" to my consulate. I was very polite but persistent in asking what this delay meant.

The only answer I got was that it takes up to 4 weeks and I will be contacted when it is sent on. They always confirm my phone number and email address when I call for some reason. I find it hard to believe that they would ever call me!

I just would love to know, as I suppose everyone here would, why this delay happens and what a legitimate assessment of the wait will be. The waiting isn't the worst part ... Its not knowing how long the wait will be.

No worries...this is the place for ranting about NVC for sure!

We tried every time we called to find out why with no luck, and it was crazy making stuff. We had two letters saying it would go on in a week, and with that were held up more than 7 weeks. I was told at interview it was random.

It the 'how long is a piece of string' waiting thing we found the hardest as well. At the time we were stuck it was a new-ish thing to put K1's into AP, so we had no idea it would take as long as it did, and not really have anyone ahead of us then that we could compare ourselves too. It seems to be about the 50 day mark.. quite a bit more than 4 weeks on average.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

This reminds me of pretty much every single one of my calls to NVC.

Fortunately, the wait does have an end.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

we feel what you feel and this is the hardest part, waiting without knowing.

our case undergone additional processing too. nvc received it last february 27. He also received letter same as what you received. my fiance called almost everyday and it does upset us. we just got out of AP march 30.

i suggest just keep calling nvc.

never stop hoping and keep praying. you will be out soon of this AP blackhole.

N-400 Application for Naturalization

September 21, 2012 - N-400 packet sent
September 24, 2012 - Check cashed
September 26, 2012 - NOA 1 received
October 01, 2012 - Biometrics letter received
October 26, 2012 - Biometrics appt @ 11am
March 1, 2013 - Oathtaking. US citizen finally!!!

"You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly."

wgto58qj1o5xq.png

Welcome to our select group! We have all tried so hard to learn why we were chosen for this honor, what they are doing with our case and how long it will be in AP. Nobody there will say. But it does seem to be random, so take heart in knowing that you are in good company and that it was not some red flag that got you pulled from the pile! Pull up a stool and get comfy because you probably have another ~6 weeks.

My wedding plans got bounced out 7 weeks...but probably just as well. It is still a bit cold in Maine for someone from Vietnam :)(L)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Every time I would call, they always gave us a variation on the same theme. Basically, that it is "normal", that "unfortunately, there is no estimated waiting time", etc. etc. They never gave us the 'up to 4-week' claim. I'm rather surprised that's what they told you, since it most likely will be longer than that. Typically the wait is in the 6-7 week range. Chin up, you will get through it. We all do. When I first learned we were stuck, I just couldn't believe we had an extra wait ahead of us. But the time does go by, just as it did when you were in USCIS waiting for NOA2.

By the way, you're now showing up on the "AP@NVC list", you can follow your progress there, and see the folks ahead of you in line.

We have some active list members who should be ready to get sprung out of jail literally any day now:

For K-1, Nadiya and Joe are at day 49.

And for K-3, Ksenia and Steve are at day 45.

Here's to hoping both couples get released before the weekend!

It would sure be nice to celebrate some fresh releases :)

Thanks for all the replies.

Yes, we will get through it. Its just so hard to try to explain it to my fiancee. Thank God she is way more patient than I am. We both know the wait is just a small bump on the road to our happiness.

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yes, we will get through it. Its just so hard to try to explain it to my fiancee. Thank God she is way more patient than I am. We both know the wait is just a small bump on the road to our happiness.

Hey man, I am in the same boat, i got my NOA 2 on feb. 17nd 2009. They said up to four weeks, I hadnt heard anything, I called yesterday, and they told me it was undergoing additioanl processing, The guy i talked to was straght foward and sadi he didnt know why, and he could explain what that ment, so i have been trying to see if anyone else is going thoruhg them smae thing, i guess we just got to sit tight! I know how your feeling, We wanted to get married in may, but it doesnt look like thats going to happen, anyway hope all goes well for you!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
We have some active list members who should be ready to get sprung out of jail literally any day now:

For K-1, Nadiya and Joe are at day 49.

And for K-3, Ksenia and Steve are at day 45.

Here's to hoping both couples get released before the weekend!

It would sure be nice to celebrate some fresh releases :)

Thanks bud :thumbs:

I'm not "feeling" it yet ... I'm pointing toward next Friday with a lot of anticipation and hope !!! :yes:

Welcome to the thread Matt & Bing. Unfortunately there is nothing TO do except wait. We've all been through OR are going through it right now. It it incredibly frustrating, so feel free to vent. We share many of the same thoughts. Especially after getting letters that our case would be forwarded to the embassy within a week ... :huh:

Edited by SteveColo

Steve & Ksenia

502pfk.gif2rom8nd.gif

July 23, 2008 - Married my beautiful Ksenia

Oct 11, 2008 - I-130 Sent

Oct 13, 2008 - I-130 Delivered to Chicago Lockbox

Oct 20, 2008 - Checks cashed by USCIS

Oct 24, 2008 - NOA1 (I-130)

Oct 25, 2008 - I-129F Sent to CSC

Oct 29, 2008 - I-129F Received at CSC

Oct 30, 2008 - NOA1 for I-129F mailed to me - received 11/22/08 because of address change

Oct 31, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 3, 2008 - I-130 Touched

Nov 18, 2008 - I-129F Touched

Nov 20, 2008 - I-130 (for step daughter) Touched

Feb 17, 2009 - Case received by the NVC

Feb 25, 2009 - Received letter from NVC dated Feb 20th saying they had received my approved I-129F

Feb 27, 2009 - Received 2 letters from NVC dated Feb 20th - they had received both approved I-130's

Mar 6, 2009 - Medical for Ksenia & Sasha completed in Kiev. Everything is great.

Mar 9, 2009 - Called NVC and found out our K3 is in "administrative processing"

Apr 6, 2009 - OUT OF A.P. !!! File being sent to Kiev !

May 5, 2009 - K3 interview in Kiev! APPROVED !!!

July 12, 2009 - ARRIVAL IN USA !!!

Hey man, I am in the same boat, i got my NOA 2 on feb. 17nd 2009. They said up to four weeks, I hadnt heard anything, I called yesterday, and they told me it was undergoing additioanl processing, The guy i talked to was straght foward and sadi he didnt know why, and he could explain what that ment, so i have been trying to see if anyone else is going thoruhg them smae thing, i guess we just got to sit tight! I know how your feeling, We wanted to get married in may, but it doesnt look like thats going to happen, anyway hope all goes well for you!

Welcome on board...you are in the right place..we all understand how hard this extra wait is. But it does end :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Well, after waiting about 1 year and 3 months to get our NOA2, I was really hoping we would get through NVC quickly, but tonight I found out that we are also in AP. The person I talked to was friendly, but wouldn't give me a reason or a timeframe in which it would be done. She recommended that I call back every week to check.

Edited by pgp

2007-11-30: I-129F received by CSC

2008-02-04: NOA1

2009-03-02: NOA2

2009-03-12: Received by NVC

2009-04-16: Sent to consulate

2009-05-23: Packet 3 received

Timeline
Well, after waiting about 1 year and 3 months to get our NOA2, I was really hoping we would get through NVC quickly, but tonight I found out that we are also in AP. The person I talked to was friendly, but wouldn't give me a reason or a timeframe in which it would be done. She recommended that I call back every week to check.

Sorry to hear you guys got stuck. We're getting quite a mix around here... we now have 2 Mexicans to add to our existing family of 2 Ukrainians, several Filipinos, along with assorted South Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Croatian, Romanian, and the odd Limey and Kiwi tossed in for good measure :lol: (I'm talking about the beneficiaries of course)

Anyway, hope you guys get released quickly! Glad you found us here.

Timeline
Sorry to hear you guys got stuck. We're getting quite a mix around here... we now have 2 Mexicans to add to our existing family of 2 Ukrainians, several Filipinos, along with assorted South Korean, Vietnamese, Thai, Croatian, Romanian, and the odd Limey and Kiwi tossed in for good measure :lol: (I'm talking about the beneficiaries of course)

Uh oh! I knew when I wrote that I was going to forget someone very important... there was just no way I was going to remember everybody.... please add the Jordanian member of our family to the above list.

me <-- :bonk:

I guess I will join this group also, received NOA2 on 23 March, NVC received my packet on 24 March, got the case number on 24 March, and then I made that dreaded phone call,"you are currently in AP". Wow so I asked could I expedite since I am deployed with the US Army, and they asked was i expedited through VSC I replied yes, and she gave me the email address to request expedite, that was Monday, and I'm just waiting to hear something.

13 February 2009- Mailed I-129F to VSC

17 February 2009- Packet received and signed for by VSC(A. Stanley)

23 February 2009- Check cashed, finally(and away we go)

23 February 2009 - NOA1(dated February 18th)

22 March 2009- Notice of approval NOA2

4,5May 2009- Medical (Passed, 1 more hurdle)

20 May 2009- Interview (PASSED, GOT THAT PINK SLIP)

25 May 2009- CFO

05 OCT 2009- Flight to El Paso, TX

30 OCT 2009-wedding

02 JAN 2010-filed AOS

04 JAN 2010-signed for at 8:52 by CHYBA

01 FEB 2010-Biomerics appointment

02 FEB- touch on ead and 485

26 FEB- EAD and Advanced Parole update approved

06 APR 2010- Interview, 15 minutes, approved!

29 May 2010- Finally Permanent resident card in mail

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.