Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

This is my first posting!!! I'm new here, but I have been reading this topic for monthsssssss...... This topic made me feel I'm not alone, so I decided to post a little messsage....

As of today, March 25, 2009... I have been on AP for 47 days.... sad! very sad! I miss my wife....

Also, I'm worried! We got married in the Philippines last July 8, 2008.... and the very next day I flew to San Francisco.... (but i spent almost 4 years with my wife in the Philippines before we got married). Now, reading some of the k3 case, I found out that they had to get a Legal Capacity Certificate in the Embassy... which I was not asked to get this when we applied for our marriage lic... I guess they didn't want to give me a hard time because they know my flight to San Francisco is the following day... Would this be a problem??? The marriage is legit, and it was already filed under NSO in the Philippines... I'm just worried because I didn't have to get the Legal Capacity Cert.

If someone can help me answer this question....

Thanks guys!!!! I'm on my 47th day today... I'm hoping that I get out of AP soon.... same to the others who got stuck in NVC

Happy bday! btw, have you checked on the direct consular filing? if you have lived here for 4yrs, you may have a residency in the Philippines and can take the direct consular filing that will take weeks. you may want to check the forum here for DCF. :thumbs:

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

Guys,

I have added code to handle K3 visas. There are still lots of bugs to work out, you'll notice lots of "Month '-1' out of range 0..11 at vj.pl line 64." messages that are part of my debugging output. Unfortunately people put crazy stuff on their timelines like dates that don't exist (e.g. November 31st) :bonk: That confuses the date-handling library I am using. For some reason it just refuses to understand illegal dates from the timelines :no:

Also, because I pull 1000 records of each type - K1 and K3 - the K3 data goes back much further, so there are K3 stats from 2004, 2005 etc. That needs to be cleaned up, along with the obvious cases of ppl who are out of NVC based on later activity like Interview dates, Visas, etc but still show up in the "Stuck at NVC" table. I have code to handle these cases but it obviously isn't working correctly as noted by jam.

I probably won't get to any cleanup until at least next week due to work (yeah I have a real job... VJ is only just a hobby :wacko: ) and being out of town this weekend in Toronto.

Anyway, feel free to check it out. Same URL as before http://apnvc.nxserve.net/vj.pl

Any bugs you spot, or suggested enhancements... just shoot them my way, we'll try to take care of them.

Welcome to all the new members of our thread .... it's always nice to see new faces even if you are here for a bad reason (getting stuck!!!). Hopefully you won't be stuck long and you can be entertained in our nice community here. Many of us who got stuck and eventually released still hang out here a lot, as you can see. I think it's one of the friendliests forum on VJ, personally.

Congrats luck-e :dance::dance: and everyone who has their interview dates. Todd, you should be getting close too. We still don't have ours.

Jam, don't pay attention on timelines seriousely. Yes, many people don't update their profile at all. No one has duty to do it every time when they get any news or approvals. All depends on you and your wish. It's approximate dates.

Let me send you one link which I sent before here.. and you will see that case are being in AP spend up to 60 days. And any case has individual events. Let's wait ;)

http://travel.state.gov/visa/temp/wait/tem...p;x=102&y=8

Good luck to all!!!

Thanks Joe & Nadya for the state.gov info. The good news is most of those members that I did look up using the Ron's new lookup tool were already out of AP @ NVC.

I'll be glad when you are out of AP because you guys are 17 ahead of / before us. According to the timelines, members from Ukraine average 40 days or so. I'm using this time to make repairs and upgrades to our home and staying busy. So please be sure to let us know the good news when it happens.

cheers..

You are welcome, Jam ;) Well, tomorrow will be 42 days since we are stuck at NVC. Joe called them yesterday and he was said to call in a week, but we call them every day. I think next week will be the last waiting week.. Yes, we are ahead and closer to be out of AP, but you know, here is a game, who is the luckiest? ;)

Good luck to you and all!!!

Cheers. Nadya.

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hi

Today my fiance called NVC they said they still checking our case :unsure:

We have been on AP for 32days... more maybe 18days to out??? :huh:

I also checked amazing link of stuck at NVC.

I suprised there is people who have been waiting for more 100days,,

But it because just they didnt update, right?

So longest wating record is 55days???

Anyway i have to wait for about 18days,,, thats too sad,,,

I havent seen my fiance for 9months... :crying:

2008-10-21: I-129F sent

2008-10-27:NOA1

2009-02-19:NOA2

2009-02-24:NVC received

2009-04-07:NVC left (42days )

2009-04-14:packet

2009-04-14:police check

2009-04-27:medical exam

2009-05-13:medical reexamine---passed

2009-06-15:interview

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Oh i didnt know that link made renew.

I remember before when i was checked there is couple who been waiting for over 100days ,,

Anyway so on that list, couple from china took 99days to out NVC??? wow! is like hell! :wacko:

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I remember before when i was checked there is couple who been waiting for over 100days ,,

Anyway so on that list, couple from china took 99days to out NVC??? wow! is like hell! :wacko:

Nikki,

Probably not.

The problem is that the only data we have is what people write in their timelines.

If they put wrong data in the NVC In and NVC Out fields, then it looks like they spent a long time there.

And many people put a date for NVC In, and then they don't put one for NVC Out - maybe they forget, or they stop logging into VJ and aren't interested in their statistics. Remember that this is all voluntary, so we don't know how accurate VJ statistics really are.

I think it's a pretty safe guess that anybody more than about 55 days (either for the NVC In-Out time, or for the "Stuck in NVC time"), is suspect of having invalid timeline data. I don't think anybody is really stuck 99 days in AP, as we are. That's why I added color coding to the tables. I use progressive shading for times of 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50, 50-55, and >55. And I am shade the >55 in the same lighter color as 10-20, meaning probably not a valid "Stuck" case.

The ones I think are most interesting are the ones between about 30-55 days. Those are the ones with the heaviest color shading.

Timeline

By the way, the reason that you remember seeing times >100 days before, and don't see them now, is I clipped them off. They were there previously.

I am only displaying NVC times >10 days, and <100 days. The other records didn't disappear of course, they're still in VJ's database. But I made the arbitrary decision that they weren't interesting since waits >100 almost certainly aren't "real" AP cases, just faulty timelines.

For the K3s, I also tossed out all the records <2008, so we are only looking from Jan 2008 forward.

I'm more than happy to change these settings, however. If you prefer to see the data filtered or organized differently, let me know. I see this as a community resource, so it will be better and more useful if the community helps to shape it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
BTW ... for those who finally got out of AP HELL ... how did you find out? Did you get a letter, email, phone call, etc? Or was it by your daily phone calls to the NVC to check on your case.

When I call to check on our case, I am always told that "we will contact you when your case is forwarded ... ". Pardon my negativity, but I don't really have a lot of faith that I will get any notice or ANY kind from the NVC when they finally let us out.

Just wondering how it went for you ...

Steve

steve,

we knew from calling everyday and asking the same ole ? "are we still in AP?" heh.

No letter,no email..no nothing from NVC.. I think desiman(only other k3'er that i know of) found out by calling also.

you're getting close.

Ok, I've changed it so it now pulls 1000 database records. This goes back far enough to get cdneh (me&him) and Helen&Charley. Check it out!

cdneh appears to have lost her crown. Francis & Detra were stuck for 55 days. There is also Ana&Joe at 97 days, but I don't think that can be right - probably incorrect data on their timeline.

I think the most reliable value for average time stuck in AP is the "average NVC duration for those over 30days". If someone is stuck 30 days or more, chances are it's an AP case. The average for these cases is running at around 45 days, pretty much what we've been saying all along.

Lisa - this is only K1 filings. I plan to extend it to K3s as well.

Here's my 'to-do' list:

1. Add K3s

2. Pull the data using a crontab once per hour, as Igors list does. That way I can pull much more data (say, 3000 or 5000 records) from VJ. I don't want to do that every time somone hits a browser reload. But I can do that hourly and cache the data, so each time you reload your browser you'll see current info quickly.

3. Do per-month stats. I.e. - how many AP cases in each month Mar09, Feb09, Jan09, etc. And compare the AP cases to non-AP cases, so we can see what ratio is in AP over time. That lets us see what shenanigans NVC is up to.

4. Provide stats per country and per service center (CSC/VSC)

If you guys can think of other features you'd like to see, let me know.

This shouldn't be too hard to add. The only problem is I can't do it now while I'm at work, and I'm already in the doghouse with my honey for spending last night till 2AM and ignoring her on Skype (she got mad enough, she even posted here about it!!). This weekend I'm traveling to Toronto for a wedding, so I'm not sure when I'll have a chance to come back to this.

:thumbs:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

As of March 27, 2009>>> it's our 49th day at NVC .... still at AP.... hoping on Monday would be the day....

wishe us luck please.... thanks guys

We had day 49 on a friday, too. On the next monday, day 52, we got out! Hope you do the same. Good luck!!!! :)

Timeline

Nikki,

Probably not.

The problem is that the only data we have is what people write in their timelines.

If they put wrong data in the NVC In and NVC Out fields, then it looks like they spent a long time there.

And many people put a date for NVC In, and then they don't put one for NVC Out - maybe they forget, or they stop logging into VJ and aren't interested in their statistics. Remember that this is all voluntary, so we don't know how accurate VJ statistics really are.

I think it's a pretty safe guess that anybody more than about 55 days (either for the NVC In-Out time, or for the "Stuck in NVC time"), is suspect of having invalid timeline data. I don't think anybody is really stuck 99 days in AP, as we are. That's why I added color coding to the tables. I use progressive shading for times of 10-20, 20-30, 30-40, 40-50, 50-55, and >55. And I am shade the >55 in the same lighter color as 10-20, meaning probably not a valid "Stuck" case.

The ones I think are most interesting are the ones between about 30-55 days. Those are the ones with the heaviest color shading.

Hi Uscandual

Thank you for your explain :blush: I understood very well. I repect you to share this link for us. Your work already amazing :star: I understand why people forget to update because maybe they going very smooth for every process.. If i was them, i must forget it. :whistle:

I agree you to think safe to take more 55days from NVC. Im happy to hear anybady is not really stuck for 99days. I heard China took for about 3months since out NVC, that why they took 99days?

I know i just have to be patient but i cant help check here. :whistle: I really hope everybody who soon getting 50days go smooth every process after NVC!

again thank you very much Uscandual :star:

event.png

event.png

Good luck for next week Ricobernarte and everyone else who is waiting still! :)

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

what i read on this thread people I129F file for K1 visa stuck at NVC for AP...whatever they call how about my case ....anybody have similiar case......? my NOA2 received in mail on 3/5/09 and NOA2 hardcopy receive in mail on 3/12/09 still as of today 3/28/09 they NVC have not received my file from USCIS to NVC........uhhh very damn irritating..same answer i am getting from them..2-4 week.......to get there....what I read on VJ thread for most took on e week.....? any help.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

what i read on this thread people I129F file for K1 visa stuck at NVC for AP...whatever they call how about my case ....anybody have similiar case......? my NOA2 received in mail on 3/5/09 and NOA2 hardcopy receive in mail on 3/12/09 still as of today 3/28/09 they NVC have not received my file from USCIS to NVC........uhhh very damn irritating..same answer i am getting from them..2-4 week.......to get there....what I read on VJ thread for most took on e week.....? any help.....

This has been happening more and more frequently. I think most people who experience the same find that NVC has it after 2-3 weeks. Did you verify the date that the service center sent it to NVC?

good luck

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.