Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Anyone know how long a K1 medical exam is good for for the embassy in Kiev, Ukraine?

If your fiance is healthy its valid 1 year, if not 6 months. But don't forget that this medical package will need when you start making AOS after marriage.. So count.. When I called to clinic I was said it's better to pass medical interview closer to visa interview. I rescheduled it because of AP at NVC.

Thanks [Joe & Nadya], for your input.

How would the medical exam effect the AOS? Couldn't we just get another medical exam here in the US if the date needs to be more current for the AOS?

My fiancee is extremely healthy so we'll have no problem, but the 18 hour round trip train ride to Kiev is no walk in the park.

Best wishes on your journey..

You are welcome! Jam I will give you one link where you will read all info about next step after marriage and why you will need this medical package from Kiev. ;) My fiancee travelled to my native town by train.. he was excited about it :lol: 18 hours and our Ukrainian trains wish to be the best :lol:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

How I remember about the way of our case from USCIS to NVC, our case was approved on 6 Feb and next 2 weeks we didn't have nothing.. just kept calling to NVC and USCIS. NVC said that never got it, USCIS said that they sent it and we had to call them in a week again. If NVC gets nothing within a week to call again and then they start searching where the case was lost. I think you have to keep calling them.

And today we also called to NVC.. and today the operator asked Joe to call them every 2 days.. Does it mean we are close to the end?!?! :blink: Before they asked to call on Fridays, today every 2 days..

They told me to ring back in 2 days when we were on our way out of AP, that was on the Monday - when I rang on the wednesday they said it had been sent on the Monday so maybe they can see that its waiting to depart but aren't allowed to say till its gone?

yes, it could be.. I think so.. we will call on Monday and hope it will go out of AP :)

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Anyone know how long a K1 medical exam is good for for the embassy in Kiev, Ukraine?

If your fiance is healthy its valid 1 year, if not 6 months. But don't forget that this medical package will need when you start making AOS after marriage.. So count.. When I called to clinic I was said it's better to pass medical interview closer to visa interview. I rescheduled it because of AP at NVC.

Thanks [Joe & Nadya], for your input.

How would the medical exam effect the AOS? Couldn't we just get another medical exam here in the US if the date needs to be more current for the AOS?

My fiancee is extremely healthy so we'll have no problem, but the 18 hour round trip train ride to Kiev is no walk in the park.

Best wishes on your journey..

You are welcome! Jam I will give you one link where you will read all info about next step after marriage and why you will need this medical package from Kiev. ;) My fiancee travelled to my native town by train.. he was excited about it :lol: 18 hours and our Ukrainian trains wish to be the best :lol:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Thanks for your help, Nadya. Yes indeed Ukraine trains are the best! Where else can we travel in a elegant, spacious and private cabin first class for a reasonable fee? I love Ukraine and it's trains!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Where else can we travel in a elegant, spacious and private cabin first class for a reasonable fee?

In Croatia! :D

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Hello my felow stucked friends,

My fiance filed my k1 visa petition when he was in Guam so the poverty guidelines he used is based in Guam as well. Today, we have decided to get married in Hawaii and stay there for a year or two instead of Guam. After my medical today, I was instructed the CD of my medical results will be sent to my port of entry.

I remember when I was filling up the forms on my medical three days ago, it asked me whats my petitioner's address in the US, so i put the Guam address. and asked what is my port of entry, I put in Guam.

During the releasing of results earlier, the nurse had me double checked the address for letter correspondence and it has the Guam address. I was hesitant to tell the nurse that we were thinking of living in Hawaii instead. Hawaii's poverty guidelines is way higher than in Guam. Im afraid that it might complicate during my interview because my fiance's income tax shows just enough for 6 persons based on Guam's guidelines not Hawaii.

Can I change the address when I get to the US?

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

My fiance filed my k1 visa petition when he was in Guam so the poverty guidelines he used is based in Guam as well. Today, we have decided to get married in Hawaii and stay there for a year or two instead of Guam. After my medical today, I was instructed the CD of my medical results will be sent to my port of entry.

I remember when I was filling up the forms on my medical three days ago, it asked me whats my petitioner's address in the US, so i put the Guam address. and asked what is my port of entry, I put in Guam.

During the releasing of results earlier, the nurse had me double checked the address for letter correspondence and it has the Guam address. I was hesitant to tell the nurse that we were thinking of living in Hawaii instead. Hawaii's poverty guidelines is way higher than in Guam. Im afraid that it might complicate during my interview because my fiance's income tax shows just enough for 6 persons based on Guam's guidelines not Hawaii.

Please note: THIS IS NOT IMMIGRATION ADVICE. I'M NOT A LAWYER OR ANY KIND OF EXPERT. CHECK WITH A LAWYER FOR EXPERT ADVICE.

I don't think the address you put on your medical papers are very relevant to this issue. The POE you intend to use is entirely irrelevant. You can enter anywhere in the US and it should have no bearing.

I think that what will be much more important is the US address you put on the visa application itself, particularly the DS-156,DS-157 and DS-230. Most important of all will be the I-134 that your fiance needs to complete as Affidavit of Support. That's where he effectively is taking an oath regarding his ability to support you. If I were you, I'd be very careful to ensure that he completes the I-134 truthfully with regard to his finances and his current address (I-134 does ask for 'residing at' address). Usually the address has no bearing on the threshold support levels, but since in your case it does, be sure to put his current address there.

I.e. - For I-134 the real issue you should be concerned with is where does he live right now? If he currently lives in Guam and has not yet moved to Hawaii, then put Guam on I-134. If he's already moved to Hawaii, put Hawaii. If you fear he won't have enough income then either have him list additional assets (if he has them), or consider getting a cosponsor. Or stay in Guam a little while longer :)

For the DS-230 they ask for 2 US addresses: the permanent address in the US where you intend to live and the address where you want your green card mailed.

If you already have a Hawaii address where you intend to live, I think you should provide that for both entries. If all you have now is the Guam address, use that. You CAN change your address later, after you are in the US. DS-156 asks "At what address will you stay in the US"- same advice applies.

I've just gone through a similar consideration. Ok, much less drastic - I didn't move across the Pacific ocean, just 10 miles from one Chicago suburb to another. Still, I had filled out all the Packet3 papers in January when we got our NOA2 using my old address. I've since moved in Feb to my new house, and I've redone all the forms so everything consistently has the new address on it.

Basically, your guidelines should be:

1. Never lie. Both when filling out forms and at the interview, state your true plans and intentions regarding where you intend to live (Hawaii or Guam), and on any subject they ask about. You don't have to volunteer information not asked for, but never, ever, ever misrepresent your situation.

2. Where possible, make all the paperwork consistent. Try to have just one address on all forms. It will remove unnecessary questions in the mind of the interviewer, and lead to fewer explanations necessary by you for why there are different addresses. However there could be a valid reason for different answers. E.g. - if your fiance is currently residing in Guam, but you already know the permanent address you will live in Hawaii, then you could put different answers on I-134 (Guam) and DS-230/156 (Hawaii).

3. If you think that providing Guam address gives you a better chance at qualifying for the support thresholds, consider staying in Guam until past the point of your immigration, and then move elsewhere (e.g. Hawaii) later. Even very shortly later - like a month after you've immigrated. That lets you stay truthful in the process, claim Guam as your fiance's residence, and still satisfy your personal goals to live in Hawaii.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes!

Please note: THIS IS NOT IMMIGRATION ADVICE. I'M NOT A LAWYER OR ANY KIND OF EXPERT. CHECK WITH A LAWYER FOR EXPERT ADVICE.

I don't think the address you put on your medical papers are very relevant to this issue. The POE you intend to use is entirely irrelevant. You can enter anywhere in the US and it should have no bearing.

I think that what will be much more important is the US address you put on the visa application itself, particularly the DS-156,DS-157 and DS-230. Most important of all will be the I-134 that your fiance needs to complete as Affidavit of Support. That's where he effectively is taking an oath regarding his ability to support you. If I were you, I'd be very careful to ensure that he completes the I-134 truthfully with regard to his finances and his current address (I-134 does ask for 'residing at' address). Usually the address has no bearing on the threshold support levels, but since in your case it does, be sure to put his current address there.

I.e. - For I-134 the real issue you should be concerned with is where does he live right now? If he currently lives in Guam and has not yet moved to Hawaii, then put Guam on I-134. If he's already moved to Hawaii, put Hawaii. If you fear he won't have enough income then either have him list additional assets (if he has them), or consider getting a cosponsor. Or stay in Guam a little while longer :)

For the DS-230 they ask for 2 US addresses: the permanent address in the US where you intend to live and the address where you want your green card mailed.

If you already have a Hawaii address where you intend to live, I think you should provide that for both entries. If all you have now is the Guam address, use that. You CAN change your address later, after you are in the US. DS-156 asks "At what address will you stay in the US"- same advice applies.

I've just gone through a similar consideration. Ok, much less drastic - I didn't move across the Pacific ocean, just 10 miles from one Chicago suburb to another. Still, I had filled out all the Packet3 papers in January when we got our NOA2 using my old address. I've since moved in Feb to my new house, and I've redone all the forms so everything consistently has the new address on it.

Basically, your guidelines should be:

1. Never lie. Both when filling out forms and at the interview, state your true plans and intentions regarding where you intend to live (Hawaii or Guam), and on any subject they ask about. You don't have to volunteer information not asked for, but never, ever, ever misrepresent your situation.

2. Where possible, make all the paperwork consistent. Try to have just one address on all forms. It will remove unnecessary questions in the mind of the interviewer, and lead to fewer explanations necessary by you for why there are different addresses. However there could be a valid reason for different answers. E.g. - if your fiance is currently residing in Guam, but you already know the permanent address you will live in Hawaii, then you could put different answers on I-134 (Guam) and DS-230/156 (Hawaii).

3. If you think that providing Guam address gives you a better chance at qualifying for the support thresholds, consider staying in Guam until past the point of your immigration, and then move elsewhere (e.g. Hawaii) later. Even very shortly later - like a month after you've immigrated. That lets you stay truthful in the process, claim Guam as your fiance's residence, and still satisfy your personal goals to live in Hawaii.

Good luck, please let us know how it goes!

Thanks!! i might consider the 3rd option. However, this means I have to adjust my status in Guam first because I cannot enter Hawaii without changing my k1 visa since it is single entry right?

He previously is from Hawaii but since last year, he is staying in Guam. All of the papers when he filed the petition is shows Guam address. How if the papers will show Guam as the address up until i get my visa, enter Hawaii, get married in Hawaii and decided to live in Hawaii and adjust the status in Hawaii having enough income when I adjust my status. My only concern is, his income on the affidavit of support is just enough based on guam's guidelines. I wanted to get my visa first without changing Guam's address to Hawaii, fly to Hawaii and adjust the status in Hawaii based on Hawaii's guidelines this time. If they say, howcome you've never been to Guam when you're fiance filed the petition in Guam? We could say that after getting married in Hawaii, we've decided to live there instead.

K1 visa is a single entry visa right? What happens to those people who is from the mainland with lower poverty guidelines that wanted to celebrate their marriage and honeymoon in Hawaii? How can they fly to mainland considering K1 is a single entry visa?

AOS Timeline[

LIFTING CONDITIONS:

NATURALIZATION:

IR5 (MOM)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Hello VJ friend

Im new here who have been stuck at NVC since Fed 24th... Pls let me join here...

I did email to NVC to ask what going on our case yesterday.

I got auto response as soon as emailed, i have emailed before as same way but i have never get

auto response which like ask about my case number birthday etc...

They will not answer for me because I did email twice before?

The besy way is just call to real person but im not fluent on phone and my fiance have been very busy recently.

So email is best way for me...

Anyway i have been stuck at NVC for 26days... i learned 7weeks are time frame to wait , I have to wait more about 25days to out? :unsure:

2008-10-21: I-129F sent

2008-10-27:NOA1

2009-02-19:NOA2

2009-02-24:NVC received

2009-04-07:NVC left (42days )

2009-04-14:packet

2009-04-14:police check

2009-04-27:medical exam

2009-05-13:medical reexamine---passed

2009-06-15:interview

event.png

event.png

Timeline
Hello VJ friend

Im new here who have been stuck at NVC since Fed 24th... Pls let me join here...

I got auto response as soon as emailed, i have emailed before as same way but i have never get

The besy way is just call to real person but im not fluent on phone and my fiance have been very busy recently.

Anyway i have been stuck at NVC for 26days... i learned 7weeks are time frame to wait , I have to wait more about 25days to out? :unsure:

Welcome to the thread! I hope you won't be waiting too long, even though it's, these days, sort of safe to expect it will take around 50 days, or five weeks.

I would suggest you call them and ask - that way you'll get your answers right away. It sometimes take a while before they respond to emails.

Good luck!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Hello VJ friend

Welcome to the thread! I hope you won't be waiting too long, even though it's, these days, sort of safe to expect it will take around 50 days, or five weeks.

I would suggest you call them and ask - that way you'll get your answers right away. It sometimes take a while before they respond to emails.

Good luck!

Thank you very much for your reply.. :star:

Im happy to find this amazing site and im not alone at NVC stuck.

On 7th March, My fiance got letter from NVC says they will be forward to embassy of Tokyo within 1week.

But they didnt do yet,, it made me upset deeply.. :crying: Why they picked up us???

I really hope i will not wait too long... Some people could out in 5weeks?? If I could in 5weeks, its more about 10days,,, I really hope so!

Okay i will ask my fiance call them on Monday. I hope i can post good news here as soon as possible. :)

2008-10-21: I-129F sent

2008-10-27:NOA1

2009-02-19:NOA2

2009-02-24:NVC received

2009-04-07:NVC left (42days )

2009-04-14:packet

2009-04-14:police check

2009-04-27:medical exam

2009-05-13:medical reexamine---passed

2009-06-15:interview

event.png

event.png

Timeline
Hello VJ friend

Good luck!

On 7th March, My fiance got letter from NVC says they will be forward to embassy of Tokyo within 1week.

But they didnt do yet,, it made me upset deeply.. :crying: Why they picked up us???

I really hope i will not wait too long... Some people could out in 5weeks?? If I could in 5weeks, its more about 10days,,, I really hope so!

Okay i will ask my fiance call them on Monday. I hope i can post good news here as soon as possible. :)

We all received at least one 'fake' letter during our wait. I assume it's just an automated thing they do as soon as they receive the package. Whether or not it'll get stuck is up to... well, that one, it seems we'll never figure out. It could be random. Well, that's what I believe, and cdneh was actually told that during her interview.

Hello VJ friend

Good luck!

We all received at least one 'fake' letter during our wait. I assume it's just an automated thing they do as soon as they receive the package. Whether or not it'll get stuck is up to... well, that one, it seems we'll never figure out. It could be random. Well, that's what I believe, and cdneh was actually told that during her interview.

I was. Welcome..I hope you clear soon and get on the way :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

hi,

I just called USEM call center to try and set my interview schedule. she told me that the case has just been uploaded on their system last March 16th but but unfortunately, my case is still not eligible to be scheduled for an interview yet :crying: . I was just wondering why and when can I schedule my appointment. She said to wait until I recieve a notice of instructions. I really dont want to wait for the notice because i understand how long the post office here in manila takes. thats why i choose to call instead.

Does anyone knows how long do I have to wait from my case to be uploaded to the time I can set my interview date?

AOS Timeline[

LIFTING CONDITIONS:

NATURALIZATION:

IR5 (MOM)

Timeline
hi,

I just called USEM call center to try and set my interview schedule. she told me that the case has just been uploaded on their system last March 16th but but unfortunately, my case is still not eligible to be scheduled for an interview yet :crying: . I was just wondering why and when can I schedule my appointment. She said to wait until I recieve a notice of instructions. I really dont want to wait for the notice because i understand how long the post office here in manila takes. thats why i choose to call instead.

Does anyone knows how long do I have to wait from my case to be uploaded to the time I can set my interview date?

Hi Lucky

I think at this stage it varies according to the embassy in each country. I really don't know what the process is in Philippines. But since there are so many Filipinos on VJ, I'm sure others could give you better information about what to expect. Hopefully it won't be too much longer for you. Hang in there, you've made it this far!

If it makes you feel any better (I know it won't), we got released from NVC the same day that you did. And we still don't have our Packet3 from Bangkok embassy either. We emailed them today to ask about it. I'm hoping to get our Packet 3 in the next few days. We shall see :)

Timeline
Hello VJ friend

Good luck!

Welcome to our community nikki. Hopefully you won't have to wait too long. Calling NVC on Monday is a good idea, perhaps you will get some good news.

However, I think Badgerella had a typo: she wrote 50 days or 5 weeks... she meant 50 days or 7 weeks, of course (7 weeks = 49 days). Maybe you will get out in 5 weeks, but unfortunately the average seems to be closer to 7 weeks. Hang in there, you can do it! We all do get out eventually :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.