Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

I went to DHL site to track our package, and I think lucky-Kookie too. Of course the only way I have to know these are ours is by destination (Bangkok, Manila)

Ours says:

Tracking Number 9136860611

U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 03801

United States

Bangkok, Thailand

Ship date: 3/13/2009

Pieces: 1

Total weight: 3.6 lbs

Shipment reference: EXP 12 MAR 2009A

Service: Next DayMore info

Description: US DIPLOMATIC PAPERS

Lucky/Kookie:

Tracking Number 9136860703

U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 03801

United States

Manila, Philippines, The

Pieces: 2

Total weight: 36.6 lbs

Let the race begin :) Who will arrive first?

Note that their Lucky's pouch is 36.6lbs, ours is 3.6lbs - I guess that means 10X as many Philippines packets go out as Thailand?

Hey, I saw your tracking number and it shows that it has been delivered today. same thing as mines. tell me when you are calling your USEM ha. thanks.

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh my, i wish i knew of this VJ site earlier...i am so depress! you are having problems with your cases being delayed coz of AP for weeks, months....ours is already 1 year!!!! what should we do???????????? HELP!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Oh my, i wish i knew of this VJ site earlier...i am so depress! you are having problems with your cases being delayed coz of AP for weeks, months....ours is already 1 year!!!! what should we do???????????? HELP!!

Has it been in AP for a year, or? NVC or some other level?

Please fill in your timeline. It'll be easier for anyone on this site to help you.

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please fill in your timeline. It'll be easier for anyone on this site to help you.

yes i will put entry on the timeline, sorry..i am just new here. we filed feb2008. then received NO1 on mar2008..we waited and waited, then october2008, we received a letter about security check and was told to wait for 180 days. is security check maybe AP as well?..we did not receive anything as of now.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Good morning everyone and thanks for welcoming me here, I know nobody wants to go thru this but hey I'm in it, so now it's time to wait and make the best of it, also I wan to congratulate UScandual and Luck-kcokie for their release, I'm sure it feels really good toknow that very soon you will be united with your love one.

I know that I've only been on AP for 12 days and may seen like nothing, but had to change all my plans, my girl is depressed about it, specially since we are going thru this for a second time, we thought we wouldn;t get stuck at NVC (we spent 30 days our first time) but we were wrong.

Good Luck Everyone and thanks again for the support....

LUISH

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline

yes i will put entry on the timeline, sorry..i am just new here. we filed feb2008. then received NO1 on mar2008..we waited and waited, then october2008, we received a letter about security check and was told to wait for 180 days. is security check maybe AP as well?..we did not receive anything as of now.

What does the letter say? Who is it from?

and also, is there an expiration of the K1 application? and who is being check, is it my fiance ( petitioner ) or me as the beneficiary? or could be both?

All of the documents have an expiration date but, according to the NVC and Embassy employees I've talked to, nothing can expire as long as it is in the USCIS, NVC or USEM hands. Your papers/case will get automatically extended as long as they are undergoing any and all processing. It becomes your problem, as in - something you have to request - when you'd like to reschedule your interview, for instance, and the new date would be past the exp. date of your case.

Good morning everyone and thanks for welcoming me here, I know nobody wants to go thru this but hey I'm in it, so now it's time to wait and make the best of it, also I wan to congratulate UScandual and Luck-kcokie for their release, I'm sure it feels really good toknow that very soon you will be united with your love one.

I know that I've only been on AP for 12 days and may seen like nothing, but had to change all my plans, my girl is depressed about it, specially since we are going thru this for a second time, we thought we wouldn;t get stuck at NVC (we spent 30 days our first time) but we were wrong.

Good Luck Everyone and thanks again for the support....

LUISH

Luish, hang in there. I know it's not easy, but there's an end to it. Hopefully you won't wait too long!

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
I went to DHL site to track our package, and I think lucky-Kookie too. Of course the only way I have to know these are ours is by destination (Bangkok, Manila)

Ours says:

U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 03801

United States

Bangkok, Thailand

Lucky/Kookie:

U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 03801

United States

Manila, Philippines, The

Note that their Lucky's pouch is 36.6lbs, ours is 3.6lbs - I guess that means 10X as many Philippines packets go out as Thailand?

Hey, I saw your tracking number and it shows that it has been delivered today. same thing as mines. tell me when you are calling your USEM ha. thanks.

Yes, I saw that too, about it being delivered. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether those are really our cases.

If you scroll back, you'll see that Todd mentioned that I looked for the wrong shipping reference "EXP 12 MAR 2009A" - should look for 13 MAR instead, and it will go out in today (Monday Mar 16) DHL pickup. I'm not sure about that, since in past posts on VJ about DHL, I've seen the instructions to enter the PREVIOUS day reference to the day we were told it was released. That's what I did.

Anyway, either it's there at the embassy, or it will be very shortly.

I wasn't planning to call the embassy. I was just going to wait till my fiancee tells me that she gets Packet3 from them.

I've already sent her everything - I134, tax returns, etc. And she' s already done the medical, police, single status long ago (back in Jan when we got our NOA2).

So I hope we can turn around the Packet3 very quickly, and get our interview scheduled.

Good luck Lucky, and good luck everybody!

All the newcomers, welcome and don't lose faith. All the oldtimers, please keep posting about your progress.

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline

Ours says:

U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 03801

United States

Bangkok, Thailand

Lucky/Kookie:

U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 03801

United States

Manila, Philippines, The

Yes, I saw that too, about it being delivered. The only thing I'm not sure about is whether those are really our cases.

If you scroll back, you'll see that Todd mentioned that I looked for the wrong shipping reference "EXP 12 MAR 2009A" - should look for 13 MAR instead, and it will go out in today (Monday Mar 16) DHL pickup. I'm not sure about that, since in past posts on VJ about DHL, I've seen the instructions to enter the PREVIOUS day reference to the day we were told it was released. That's what I did.

I wasn't planning to call the embassy. I was just going to wait till my fiancee tells me that she gets Packet3 from them.

I've already sent her everything - I134, tax returns, etc. And she' s already done the medical, police, single status long ago (back in Jan when we got our NOA2).

So I hope we can turn around the Packet3 very quickly, and get our interview scheduled.

All the newcomers, welcome and don't lose faith. All the oldtimers, please keep posting about your progress.

I need help..ok my question is once NVC issue case # for K1 visa..how you know which carrier they are using to send file to beneficiary country..I am waiting on my NVC case #......

here is my timeline..

I129 F filed on 10/10/08

NOA1 10/17/08

NOA2 approval received in E-mail on 3/5/09

NOA2 hardcopy received in mail 3/12/09

waiting for NVC...case # ..called today 3/15/09 no information yet.....should I wait 2 week from NOA2 hardcoy ?

somebody reply your input appreciated.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Well, NVC always sends all documents thru DHL, but this is only done when they send the petitions to their respectives embassys, now here in USA the petitioner can request the proper number that goes according to the beneficiary country, you don't have to wait for the two weeks to get the hardcopy, you can ask for it during the phone call, eventually you will get the hardcopy, and remember you must save this copy, becuase it will be needed for the next process (AOS) ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

GOOD LUCKEVERYONE

LUISH

Edited by LUISH

Filed: Other Country: Nepal
Timeline
Well, NVC always sends all documents thru DHL, but this is only done when they send the petitions to their respectives embassys, now here in USA the petitioner can request the proper number that goes according to the beneficiary country, you don't have to wait for the two weeks to get the hardcopy, you can ask for it during the phone call, eventually you will get the hardcopy, and remember you must save this copy, becuase it will be needed for the next process (AOS) ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

GOOD LUCKEVERYONE

LUISH

Luish thanks for our reply.. sorry above error my part i did received NOA2 hardcopy in mail on 3/12/09.. now waiting for NVC case #.....called today 3/15/09..not there yet... been told wait 2 for week.....i will call them within week.

Thanks

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline
It will be two months on the 16th of March. I call them often and as of 3/11 we were still in (AP). :help: us all God. Im remaining claim for the most part, but as for my SO he is ready to throw in the towel and have me come to him. Faith will conguer this milestone, I pray that we all will overcome this solitude.

Peace and Blessing to All.

"Delay, is Not a Denial"

You have almost identical timeline to me. I too had my NOA2 on Jan 14, and I'm counting my "stuck at NVC" from Jan 22. That makes today Day50. I think I (and you) should be out either today or Monday at the latest. Hang in there!! You've almost made it. Don't lose faith now.

We are Out of Bondage :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: package sent on 3-12-09... :whistle::whistle: Now im singing, this is what I do best. Thank You God....

I would like to know how everyone tracks there package from NVC to the Embassey???

Thanks for the support this site has really help me.

Just returned from Lagos and enjoyed every moment spent with my african King. Thirty-three days of enjoyment.................... We shall be together soon, for life. Amen

"There is no stopping us"

Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Nigeria

I-129F Sent : 2008-08-08

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-08-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-14

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-01-17(hardcopy)

USCIS touch : 2009-01-22

Called to NVC: 2009-01-30 package still there

Called to NVC: 2009-02-27 still in AP

Called to NVC: 2009-03-11 still there

Called to NVC: 2009-03-12 OUT OF BONDAGE, Thank You Jesus

Package arrived @ Embassy: 2009-03-17

Package picked-up: 2009-03-23

Interview Scheduled For First Week Of May 2009

Passed Medicals : 2009-04-27

K1 Denied per Man: 2009-07-05

Another Delay, We shall be together......... Giving up is not an option, with God all things are possible.

God always hears and answers prayer,

Though long may be the trial.

Let patience bloom while God prepares;

Delay is not denial. But come, the answer surely must,

For God has never lied. And faith, which looks at God in trust,

God never has denied. For God is not a man that he should Lie.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Have your fiance' or you, if you are the USC; write your congressman and ask for a formal inquiry into the case. USCIS will answer your congressman and let them know the status. If they still say "AP", call again and ask the congressman to inquire again for further details. Do not sit idle. No one will advocate for your case other than you guys!

There was a case here on VJ not long ago, very similar to yours. They were in "checks" for ever and a day. They finally got someone to call and convinced the service center to locate the file. It's finally moving along again.

Good Luck, Im so sorry that you have been waiting so long (F)

Lisa

It will be two months on the 16th of March. I call them often and as of 3/11 we were still in (AP). :help: us all God. Im remaining claim for the most part, but as for my SO he is ready to throw in the towel and have me come to him. Faith will conguer this milestone, I pray that we all will overcome this solitude.

Peace and Blessing to All.

"Delay, is Not a Denial"

You have almost identical timeline to me. I too had my NOA2 on Jan 14, and I'm counting my "stuck at NVC" from Jan 22. That makes today Day50. I think I (and you) should be out either today or Monday at the latest. Hang in there!! You've almost made it. Don't lose faith now.

We are Out of Bondage :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance: package sent on 3-12-09... :whistle::whistle: Now im singing, this is what I do best. Thank You God....

I would like to know how everyone tracks there package from NVC to the Embassey???

Thanks for the support this site has really help me.

:dance:

good luck on the interview :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Ours says:

U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 03801

United States

Bangkok, Thailand

Lucky/Kookie:

U.S DEPARTMENT OF STATE

Portsmouth, NH 03801

United States

Manila, Philippines, The

uscandual,

so if she had her police certificate and medical a long time ago, does it have expiration date? cuz mine has. My police certificate expired march 16, 2009 so i have to get mines again. I did my DAY 1 medical today. becuase here in the philippines, medical is done like 2-3 days or even longer. However results will expire in a month or 3 months i guess. so you have to pay again if it expires. i wanted to call today and check. will let you know laters. hehe

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
uscandual,

so if she had her police certificate and medical a long time ago, does it have expiration date? cuz mine has. My police certificate expired march 16, 2009 so i have to get mines again. I did my DAY 1 medical today. becuase here in the philippines, medical is done like 2-3 days or even longer. However results will expire in a month or 3 months i guess. so you have to pay again if it expires. i wanted to call today and check. will let you know laters. hehe

Mmm.. those are good questions. To be honest, I've been a bit worried about it myself. I think it probably varies from country to country. So the right answer for you in Philippines could be different for us in Thailand. According to what my fiancee told me there's no expiry on the police or medical or her "single certificate (like CENOMAR in PI), at least not in the timeframe we are talking about. I'm hoping we can get our interview scheduled for April. So that means the docs we did in late January would need to be valid for about 3 months. I guess if we need to, we'll have to repeat them. Hope not!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.