Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

you guys, i heard another script and yes email is being included on their call flow, second is they said you might want to call by next week to see if this administrative process is completed. so i guess they have an idea that i am on my 50th day already. by any chance, do u guys suggest to call before they close if u call when they open? do you guys think it will change on the system by the end of the day? i always call like 2 hours from the time they opened.

I always called around 6-7 PM. That way, whatever work they did or shipments prepared that day would be in the system. When I was approved, she said, "ok, we just sent your case out today. Give it about a week to get the consulate. Once they receive it, they will send you packets in the mail with instructions for the interview."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
you guys, i heard another script and yes email is being included on their call flow, second is they said you might want to call by next week to see if this administrative process is completed. so i guess they have an idea that i am on my 50th day already. by any chance, do u guys suggest to call before they close if u call when they open? do you guys think it will change on the system by the end of the day? i always call like 2 hours from the time they opened.

I always called around 6-7 PM. That way, whatever work they did or shipments prepared that day would be in the system. When I was approved, she said, "ok, we just sent your case out today. Give it about a week to get the consulate. Once they receive it, they will send you packets in the mail with instructions for the interview."

Yeah, I also call during evening hours (US time), figuring that this gives me an update based upon whatever processing they've done during that day.

We should have a bunch of releases in the next few days ..... I hope I'm one of them..... good luck luck-e and Kookie, hope today is your day!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Badgerella: Sorry to hear about your leg - hope it heals quickly. Maybe best to get it treated there before traveling to US where you'll need to deal with medical insurance here. Since it is a pre-existing condition you'll likely get a lot of grief processing claims here (I'm assuming you'll be joining your fiance's health plan, right?)

I won't be traveling to the US anytime soon (we expect it to be August-ish, even if my visa gets approved April 8th), so whatever this is, it'll have healed by then. We have free healthcare here in Croatia, so I'll be definitely taking care of this particular thing, as well as anything else I can think of before I leave. As a citizen of Croatia, I keep this insurance for life (or at least most of it), so many things will be done here even when I move to the States. Health-tourism is often a good thing. ;)

As for my insurance once I get into the US.. we don't know yet. We'll think about it when I am there. I'm overall in a good condition so there shouldn't be too many problems. ;)

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

A few days after I was told "call back next week and we might be able to tell you something different" we were released.

:thumbs:

a couple more days and you'll be MOVING on :dance:

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline
Hi everyone,

We were told today we are in AP :( Hope it doesn't last long! We already waited 230 days just to get approved and our approval excitement was short lived as you can see. Back to the waiting game :no:

Congratulations on your NOA2!! :dance:

Sorry to hear you are in AP but you are in good company here! It sucks to wait, but the wait appears to be somewhat more defined than the USCIS process.

On an unrelated note, my month-old muscle strain turned into some sort of a calf muscle rupture yesterday, it seems. I'll be seeing a doctor later today and then dealing with at least 10 days of therapy (likely laser or ultrasound). Whee!

sorry to hear that...hope you are better soon!

Thanks for the support! Gotta keep the faith :innocent:

Hi everyone,

We were told today we are in AP :( Hope it doesn't last long! We already waited 230 days just to get approved and our approval excitement was short lived as you can see. Back to the waiting game :no:

Firstly, congratulations on your NOA2 .... that is still a great achievement and an important milestone to your being reunited.

Secondly, AP at NVC is very frustrating, I won't sugar coat it. But it won't be anywhere near as long as 230 days. You should figure on about 50 days, and they will go by, just as your NOA2 wait finally came to an end.

Stick around here on this thread, you'll make some new friends as you wait.

(((((((((((((GS)))))))))))))))) :luv:

and now you can hang with these fine folks!

I still poke my head in every once in a while ;)

Thanks (((((((( Lis))))))))) Now I serve my time like u did urs! :P

Congrats to all who got out of AP! :dance:

NVC Journey: Finally OVER APRIL 21, 2009!!! INTERVIEW PASSED 05/12/09; VISA IN HAND 05/20/09

03/05/09: K3 and I 130 both approved! FINALLY after 230 emotionally trying days @ VSC!!

03/06/2009 : NVC Received; 03/09/09 Case Number Assigned; 03/10/09 K3 stuck in AP

03/17/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills generated (by email @ 10:00 p.m.); 03/18/2009 : AOS/IV fee bills paid online

03/27/2009 : AOS/DS 230 package sent to NVC; 04/02/2009 : AOS & DS-230 entered into NVC system

04/14/2009 : Found out K3 was forwarded to the consulate in Leb and CR1 stuck in AP; 04/18/09: K3 delivered

04/20/09: WOOHOO CR1 already out of AP; DS 230/AOS accepted with no RFEs!! Sign in failed on NVC payment site.

04/21/09: MAGIC CASE COMPLETE @ 4:30 P.M. THANK U GOD!!!

04/27/09: Hubby passed his medical; CR1 interview assigned for June 17th By NVC; but changed to MAY 12th after emailing embassy on 05/05/09 )

an1cET10g410530MDAwMzExOGx8MDAwMDU1NGRhfEFwcHJvdmVkLyBXYWl0aW5nIDQgUmV1bmlvbiE.gif

Interview Passed 05/12/09!!! Visa in hand 05/20/09!!! POE: 05/23/09

as1cEY00g410500MDA0NDZzfDAwMDk3c3xUaWxsIDFzdCB3ZWRkaW5nIGFubml2ZXJzYXJ5.gif

REUNITED JUST IN TIME FOR MY BDAY AND WEDDING ANNIVERSARY!!!! PRAISE BE TO GOD!

Badgerella: Sorry to hear about your leg - hope it heals quickly. Maybe best to get it treated there before traveling to US where you'll need to deal with medical insurance here. Since it is a pre-existing condition you'll likely get a lot of grief processing claims here (I'm assuming you'll be joining your fiance's health plan, right?)

I won't be traveling to the US anytime soon (we expect it to be August-ish, even if my visa gets approved April 8th), so whatever this is, it'll have healed by then. We have free healthcare here in Croatia, so I'll be definitely taking care of this particular thing, as well as anything else I can think of before I leave. As a citizen of Croatia, I keep this insurance for life (or at least most of it), so many things will be done here even when I move to the States. Health-tourism is often a good thing. ;)

As for my insurance once I get into the US.. we don't know yet. We'll think about it when I am there. I'm overall in a good condition so there shouldn't be too many problems. ;)

The health is first of all. I hope everything will be fine;) Don't forget that your approved visa is valid next 6 months after interview.. I hope time to time you will come here :)

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Timeline

I'll be there before the visa expires. If I get it, in the first place.

I won't be staying here that long because of my health. There are other things to do or just basically finish before I leave, the biggest and most important one being my college degree.

Timeline

Get well, and stay healthy.

A while back I looked into the subject of temporary health insurance. In the US insurance is usually offered as an employment benefit (unless you qualify for Medicaid/Medicare which pretty much by definition K visa immigrants do not). There is no 'automatic' government health insurance, at least for now.

To add a dependent to an employee's policy, you need to demonstrate the dependent's relationship, e.g. marriage, birth or adoption of a child, etc. So for K1s there is a gap. US Immigration law for K1s means that they enter the US as unmarried, and then marry within 90 days. But employment based health insurance means that they cannot be immediately covered under the employee's policy, and can be added only after marriage. So for at least the time from POE until marriage there is no coverage (and in fact, it probably takes a few weeks after marriage to add the new spouse to the group policy).

So personally - I think it's prudent to have a 'bridge' policy for catastrophic issues that can never be anticipated. While 40+ million Americans have no health insurance, I personally think it's a really bad idea to walk around uninsured. Accidents happen, and sudden health emergencies happen even to healthy people. Hospital costs in the US can be frightful if paid out of pocket. I'm rather amazed that this subject gets virtually no attention on VJ, since I would think it applies to virtually all K1 filers. Anyway, here's the post I wrote about this subject some time back:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2631105

I know this subject really has nothing to do with AP@NVC, so is inappropriate here... but I do feel it is very important and offer this as a public service announcement ;)

A few days after I was told "call back next week and we might be able to tell you something different" we were released.

:thumbs:

a couple more days and you'll be MOVING on :dance:

do you happen to know like how many days?

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Timeline

Get well, and stay healthy.

A while back I looked into the subject of temporary health insurance. In the US insurance is usually offered as an employment benefit (unless you qualify for Medicaid/Medicare which pretty much by definition K visa immigrants do not). There is no 'automatic' government health insurance, at least for now.

To add a dependent to an employee's policy, you need to demonstrate the dependent's relationship, e.g. marriage, birth or adoption of a child, etc. So for K1s there is a gap. US Immigration law for K1s means that they enter the US as unmarried, and then marry within 90 days. But employment based health insurance means that they cannot be immediately covered under the employee's policy, and can be added only after marriage. So for at least the time from POE until marriage there is no coverage (and in fact, it probably takes a few weeks after marriage to add the new spouse to the group policy).

So personally - I think it's prudent to have a 'bridge' policy for catastrophic issues that can never be anticipated. While 40+ million Americans have no health insurance, I personally think it's a really bad idea to walk around uninsured. Accidents happen, and sudden health emergencies happen even to healthy people. Hospital costs in the US can be frightful if paid out of pocket. I'm rather amazed that this subject gets virtually no attention on VJ, since I would think it applies to virtually all K1 filers. Anyway, here's the post I wrote about this subject some time back:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=2631105

I know this subject really has nothing to do with AP@NVC, so is inappropriate here... but I do feel it is very important and offer this as a public service announcement ;)

I definitely agree that one's health is really important and that accidents happen when you least expect them. However, we still do not have a detailed plan about my insurance and how all that is going to work out. When I finally get there, we'll see if I can be added to my fiance's insurane (not likely, to be honest), or if there's some plan for me to live on, at least until I get my papers sorted (and find a job, of course). It won't take long until I have something. Might as well be planned before I even leave. It's just that right now there are many other things that are more important and require a lot of effort to be figured out.

I also must say that I am not that surprised the subject doesn't get much, if any attention here on VJ. Most people here are just passers-by, looking for quick information, or people looking to get married or somehow (re)united with their loved ones. It seems, at least to me, that many (of the latter) do not put much thought into their future lives at all. I have to admit that I am often really surprised at how quickly so many people can leave their home countries and, basically, start all over again!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Hi to everyone, here reporting to "AP DUTY", well my Noa2 was approved on 02/27, and my petition arrived at NVC on 03/04, I thoght I was gonna fly thru it, since it's my second time around, but I was wrong; I'm not stuck on AP and this morning when I called they asked for my figrl's e'mail address (tht was a first) and then the response was the same as usual, and since I read from page one, I know I should be expecting to be @ NVC for the regular 50 days ( which I'm really not counting on), but hopefully be out of there soon, in the meantime, just wanted to join this great group of people and make it a pleasent wait.

Good Luck Everyone

LUSH

Hi to everyone, here reporting to "AP DUTY", well my Noa2 was approved on 02/27, and my petition arrived at NVC on 03/04, I thoght I was gonna fly thru it, since it's my second time around, but I was wrong; I'm not stuck on AP and this morning when I called they asked for my figrl's e'mail address (tht was a first) and then the response was the same as usual, and since I read from page one, I know I should be expecting to be @ NVC for the regular 50 days ( which I'm really not counting on), but hopefully be out of there soon, in the meantime, just wanted to join this great group of people and make it a pleasent wait.

Good Luck Everyone

LUSH

Welcome..it's good you found us here...you're in great company ..hope you are out soon :yes:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

Good Luck Everyone

LUSH

Welcome and good luck!

Good Luck Everyone

LUSH

Always Welcome! It's unpleasant, but it happens and it can happen to everybody.. well, let's wait here.. we are in AP one month ( 4 weeks) , but we found out about it in one week after getting our case at NVC. It takes less than processing at USCIS. As for us, to make our time shorter, we have started gathering our documents over again and even I have a medical interview in two weeks. Just making ourselves busy :)

K1

09/11/08 - I-129F Sent
09/16/08 - I-129F NOA1
02/06/09 - I-129F NOA2
02/13/09 - NVC Received
04/06/09 - NVC Left
04/09/09 - Embassy Received
05/18/09 - Interview Passed/Visa Approved
05/21/09 - Visa Received (picked up at Fedex in Kiev)
05/28/09 - Entered U.S. via JFK
05/29/09 - Applied for SS#
06/08/09 - SS# Received in the mail
06/12/09 - Applied for a Marriage License
06/19/09 - Wedding Day
07/03/09 - SS# under new name received in the mail

AOS/EAD/AP
07/27/09 - I-485, I-765 & I-131 Sent
07/31/09 - Package arrived in Chicago
08/03/09 - NOA for all 3 forms
08/27/09 - Case transferred to CSC
09/02/09 - Biometrics appointment - Done
09/03/09 - EAD touched
09/04/09 - AOS touched
09/14/09 - AP & EAD approved - Card Ordered
09/18/09 - AP Received in the mail
09/21/09 - EAD Card received in the mail
09/25/09 - AOS Approved
09/29/09 - Green Card Sent
10/02/09 - Green Card Received.
12/18/09 - Got my Drivers License.

ROC
06/27/11 - I-751 Sent.
07/01/11 - NOA.
08/15/11- Biometrics appointment.
03/17/12- ROC Approved - No Interview.

Naturalization
01/21/15 - N-400 Sent

04/15/15 - Became a US Citizen

Timeline

Good Luck Everyone

LUSH

Welcome aboard.... hope your wait is not too long.

Sorry to see from your .sig the long history of your experience -- you actually got a visa, had your reunion in the US, and she returned for her grandmother's illness. That's too bad. But clearly your love is built to last in spite of the adversity, that's very romantic. Good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.