Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Thanks, Ron. I am on day 48 today... I call them every night on my way home from work. My new routine which I would be happy to get away from.

I have been in contact with my Senators and Congresswoman. Two of them (staffers) called NVC this afternoon to ask about the status. I have not heard back from them yet. One of them told me that immigration is all she does for people and she has contacts personally at NVC and at the consulate in HCM...hoping that I do not have to use her for the consulate but good to know.

This woman also said that she recently had a tour of the NVC...which is why she said she ought to call there for me. Her description was, "...there were just thousands and thousands of files everywhere..." She told me that they cannot expedite cases at NVC but when they call the congressional support office at NVC, someone has to go find the file and look at it and many times that gets it moving again to finish it up. I will let you all know how that goes.

That's really good info! Thanks for sharing.

I just called NVC now -- still stuck. Maybe next week.

Hope you get out before the weekend!

Nope. Today was day 49. Hoping that Monday (Day 52) is the magic day. Senator's office still waiting for call back from NVC...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline
Thanks, Ron. I am on day 48 today... I call them every night on my way home from work. My new routine which I would be happy to get away from.

I have been in contact with my Senators and Congresswoman. Two of them (staffers) called NVC this afternoon to ask about the status. I have not heard back from them yet. One of them told me that immigration is all she does for people and she has contacts personally at NVC and at the consulate in HCM...hoping that I do not have to use her for the consulate but good to know.

This woman also said that she recently had a tour of the NVC...which is why she said she ought to call there for me. Her description was, "...there were just thousands and thousands of files everywhere..." She told me that they cannot expedite cases at NVC but when they call the congressional support office at NVC, someone has to go find the file and look at it and many times that gets it moving again to finish it up. I will let you all know how that goes.

Nope. Today was day 49. Hoping that Monday (Day 52) is the magic day. Senator's office still waiting for call back from NVC...

I've got my "Congratulations!!" msg all revved up and ready to go for you.... just give us the good word as soon as you're out :)

I've got my "Congratulations!!" msg all revved up and ready to go for you.... just give us the good word as soon as you're out :)

:) Thanks, Ron!

I will second that!

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

im on my 49th day today, will call NVC hoping to hear something different.

Arrived Honolulu June 8, 2009
Got Married: June 17, 2009
Applied for SSN Card: June 19, 2009
Received SSN Card: June 25, 2009
AOS Timeline[
Sent AOS Packet: July 8, 2009
NOAs for AP and EAD: July 23, 2009
NOA for AOS: July 27, 2009
Biometrics date for my K2: Aug 22, 2009
Biometrics for me: Aug 20, 2009
Notice date for biometrics: July 31 and Aug 4, 2009
RFE received and AOS resumed: Sept 3, 2009
AP and EAD approved: October 22, 2009 (MY BIRTHDAY!)
AP approval notice received in the mail: Oct 25, 2009
EAD approval notice mailed: Oct 28, 2009

LIFTING CONDITIONS:
APPROVED FOR BOTH me and my daughter: 3/12/2012

NATURALIZATION:
Filed: 9/13/2012
I797C: 9/17/2012
Interview: 1/3/2013
Oath: 2/13/2013

IR5 (MOM)

NOA1: February 27, 2013

NOA2: November 19, 2013

NVC Received: Dec 19, 2013 but assigned an SDO case number

NVC changed case number to MNL: 1/23/2014

Paid AOS fee: 1/25/14

IV Invoice via email: 1/30/14

Paid IV: 1/30/14

CASE COMPLETE: 3/7/14

NVC Schedule: 4/10/2014

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Hoping eveyone gets out soon :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Everything was going smoothly for us, on schedule, until the NVC.....I received the letter that stated your petition will be forwarded to the consulate within one week. After speaking to an NVC official I found out this is an automated generic letter that goes out once they receive the petition from USCIS. Anyways, I stated I'm retired military and work as a contractor with an active DOD security clearance. That prompted a transfer to a supervisor. I was assured the additional background check wasn't for me but my beneficiary. Hmmmm... Now I did submit a name correction on 3 Mar because I made a typo on the original 129F (no RFE) but it was only one letter left out of her middle name. In fact, I already have my 2nd approved NOA2 from the name correction, yet the NVC didn't have that. So maybe that is why we are waiting.....Who knows!!! I was asked to email a copy of her passport to the NVC to verify the name correction so I did. I do hope that this is the cause of the review however I do feel this will trigger more scrutinizing of my finace at the consulate during her interview.

Edited by GShilobod

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Croatia
Timeline
Everything was going smoothly for us, on schedule, until the NVC.....I received the letter that stated your petition will be forwarded to the consulate within one week. After speaking to an NVC official I found out this is an automated generic letter that goes out once they receive the petition from USCIS. Anyways, I stated I'm retired military and work as a contractor with an active DOD security clearance. That prompted a transfer to a supervisor. I was assured the additional background check wasn't for me but my beneficiary. Hmmmm... Now I did submit a name correction on 3 Mar because I made a typo on the original 129F (no RFE) but it was only one letter left out of her middle name. In fact, I already have my 2nd approved NOA2 from the name correction, yet the NVC didn't have that. So maybe that is why we are waiting.....Who knows!!! I was asked to email a copy of her passport to the NVC to verify the name correction so I did. I do hope that this is the cause of the review however I do feel this will trigger more scrutinizing of my finace at the consulate during her interview.

I have to say that so far, this is the most detailed AP explanation I've seen so far. I hope you get out soon. Good luck!

I-129F Sent: Aug 20th 2008

Interview Date: April 8th 2009, 10:30 - APPROVED!

K-1 Visa Received: April 9th 2009

POE: Aug 8th 2009, Minneapolis

Wedding: Aug 28th 2009

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Our I-129f was approved in 107 days from our NOA1 date.

Our I-129f was approved in 114 days from our filing date.

Our case spent 52 days being chewed by NVC.

Our interview took 224 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS, AP, EAD filed: Oct 15th 2009

Biometrics: Nov 24th 2009

AP received: Dec 14th 2009

EAD received: Dec 17th 2009

Green Card received: Dec 18th 2009

http://www.badgerella.com/forum

I have to say that so far, this is the most detailed AP explanation I've seen so far. I hope you get out soon. Good luck!

I was also told by my congresswoman's office that the check being done in AP is on the beneficiary not on the petitioner. I just wish it could be done faster!!! :angry:

GShilobod, on your timeline, you show 2/17/09 left NVC...is this the arrive NVC date since you are in AP? Just want it to be correct because we have a member that from time to time works on the statistics of AP cases...it currently would not show up on the list. Thanks

:dance: WE'RE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: 52 Days!!! Now, finally, on to HCMC!

cdneh, you still hold the crown...

Thanks to all for the support!!!

(seriously, though, there is something to this duration. It cannot be random that people pop out in 51, 52 or 53 days......)

Edited by toddandhien

:dance: WE'RE OUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :dance: 52 Days!!! Now, finally, on to HCMC!

(seriously, though, there is something to this duration. It cannot be random that people pop out in 51, 52 or 53 days......)

Congratulations!!! Glad to hear you're out!!!

Winner and still champion :lol:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

:dance: :dance: :dance:

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to be feeling great right now. Hien must be thrilled. Good luck with the rest of the journey.

Timeline

GShilobod, on your timeline, you show 2/17/09 left NVC...is this the arrive NVC date since you are in AP? Just want it to be correct because we have a member that from time to time works on the statistics of AP cases...it currently would not show up on the list. Thanks

GShilobod-

As far as we can tell, being selected for the honor of AP @ NVC is entirely random. The fact that you're military shouldn't have any positive or negative bearing on it. It probably also doesn't have anything to do with your RFE since that was cleared up by USCIS prior to your getting the NOA2.

As to how long you'll be in AP, it seems to be averaging around 50 days, so you may as well get comfortable for a bit. I called tonight - I'm still stuck at 46 days, and she said they are having an "unusually long backlog" - that was the first time I heard that particular phrasing. That's the bad news. The good news is - this thread is a nice waiting lobby, where you can swap stories with other "victims" of the system. I'm the guy who periodically posts NVC stats Todd referred to. If you can keep your timeline accurate that would be most welcome.

Welcome aboard.

WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You've got to be feeling great right now. Hien must be thrilled. Good luck with the rest of the journey.

Thanks, Ron. Yes the feeling of liberation is truly a good one. Talking to Hien on Skype right now and she is all :D

Good luck to you, as well. You are only a few days away!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.