Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
This sucks.

:angry:

Well said Steve :thumbs:

I dropped by to check on you Scott, sorry you are still stuck!

Hang in there Steve S... and the rest that are stuck in AP at NVC... we aren't the only ones... all we can do at this point is keep bugging them, but stay strong and focused on the end result... hurry up and wait! UGH! It is frustrating, it sucks, but there is nothing more we can do about it. At least we know we are not alone. 24 days for us today... next Friday marks 30 days for us. Here is hoping that what we have read holds true and that the 30 day mark is the pivotal point and they begin moving again. Paul, my fiance, brought up a good point, use this time to get our stuff together for the next leg of this horrific ride so we can be one step ahead of them... that is all we can do. AND it is ridiculous that they cannot tell us why our petitions are being held. This is our information, this is our lives they are messing with... we should have a right to know. There needs to be some change in this process so others that come behind us do not have to go through this mess. In my opinion, this is the worst experience ever. Malena :)

This sucks.

:angry:

Well said Steve :thumbs:

I dropped by to check on you Scott, sorry you are still stuck!

Hang in there Steve S... and the rest that are stuck in AP at NVC... we aren't the only ones... all we can do at this point is keep bugging them, but stay strong and focused on the end result... hurry up and wait! UGH! It is frustrating, it sucks, but there is nothing more we can do about it. At least we know we are not alone. 24 days for us today... next Friday marks 30 days for us. Here is hoping that what we have read holds true and that the 30 day mark is the pivotal point and they begin moving again. Paul, my fiance, brought up a good point, use this time to get our stuff together for the next leg of this horrific ride so we can be one step ahead of them... that is all we can do. AND it is ridiculous that they cannot tell us why our petitions are being held. This is our information, this is our lives they are messing with... we should have a right to know. There needs to be some change in this process so others that come behind us do not have to go through this mess. In my opinion, this is the worst experience ever. Malena :)

He is right, this is the perfect time to get everything else you need ready to go. I managed to get the medical over with on the strength of having the NVC case number, even though we were still in AP, and we had all our ducks lined up and quacking when they cut us loose. It gave me the feeling I was doing something even though I felt like we were standing still. :thumbs:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I wish there were something I could do, but its all ready to go to the interview now and we will be doing the medical next month when I am there... Its just a waiting game and I know there is nothing we can do to speed anything up.. the only thing that calling does is to let us know the day it got out... It sure does not make waiting any easier... I find it better when I dont call...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

4 weeks seems to be the average in AP. I was stuck for 28 days. Hang in there guys...looks like next week will be your week. (positive thinking)

Timeline

Have known each other and have been friends for 20+ Years.

May 18, 2009 - Mailed I-129F Package

May 19, 2009 - Receipt of Confirmation from USPS

May 22, 2009 - Check Cashed

May 23, 2009 - Received NOA1

May 23, 2009 - Signed up for E-mail updates on USCIS.gov website.

Aug 27, 2009 - Touched 1

Aug 27, 2009 - NOA-2 E-mail Received!

Sept 8, 2009 - NVC Received File - Was stuck in AP for 28 Days!

Oct 6, 2009 - NVC sent file to Manila - Thank GOD

Oct 9, 2009 - File in System at US. Embassy In Manila

Oct 15, 2009 - Information packet received by Beneficiary from Manila

Oct 14, 2009 - Advanced Medical Exam Passed

Nov 10, 2009 - Interview - Passed Thank GOD again.

Nov 17, 2009 - Visa received

Nov 17, 2009 - CFO Seminar

Nov 21, 2009 - returned to US with the Love of my life.

Dec 17th, 2009 - Wedding! Yahoo!

Jan 14th, 2010 - Mailed I-485 / 765 Package

Jan 21, 2010 - NOA1 for 485 / 765

Feb 17, 2010 - Biometrics

Mar 9, 2010 - EAD Card in Production

May 28, 2010 - Greencard Received!

Timeline
4 weeks seems to be the average in AP. I was stuck for 28 days. Hang in there guys...looks like next week will be your week. (positive thinking)

Friday will be a month and that seems to be the average as you said... I am hoping that we dont end up in AP at the consulate as well.. thats another 90 days or so of a delay...

I know she wont be here this year based on how long it takes to get through the consulate....

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Friday will be a month and that seems to be the average as you said... I am hoping that we dont end up in AP at the consulate as well.. thats another 90 days or so of a delay...

I know she wont be here this year based on how long it takes to get through the consulate....

ScottThuy, Friday will be a month for us as well. We are trying to remain positive that this will be the end of it for all of us that got stuck between 22 September and 24 September. With any luck, and lots of prayers, perhaps our loved ones will be returned to our arms by Christmas. In addition to everything else, I am writing my letter to Santa too... it can't hurt LOL :) Again, trying to remain positive and focus on the end result, not this awful, awful experience. It is making us all crazy. Perhaps it would be less of a headache if they would tell us why they are holding our petitions! Please remember, you are not alone... will be here to offer whatever encouragement we can for each other. If all this wasn't bad enough, Royal Mail in the UK is prepared to go on strike! It just keeps getting better and better (she says while humming the Benny Hill closing theme)... you have to laugh to keep from crying. Hang in there and keep the hope alive. Malena :)

Edited by Malena & Paul

Timeline

Some possible good news today... a theory was presented last month that if one inquires, "when should I call back"... if they say call back in 5 days or on a specific day.. it is likely good news... I was told to call back on Friday.. That will be the one month point... Keeping fingers crossed.... this could be light at the end of the NVC tunnel for that group of sept 22-24 that got stuck...

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I last called on Thursday. I will try again tomorrow or Wednesday. I hope you are right about 28 days.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Good morning to all of you stuck in AP @ NVC - one month ago we were still there too. But we woke up this morning together in the US, so despair not—there is life after NVC AP!

On a related note, does anyone know what's going on with Thantita's List (timeline data on NVC AP)? The site registration seems to have expired: http://apnvc.info/

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Good morning to all of you stuck in AP @ NVC - one month ago we were still there too. But we woke up this morning together in the US, so despair not—there is life after NVC AP!

On a related note, does anyone know what's going on with Thantita's List (timeline data on NVC AP)? The site registration seems to have expired: http://apnvc.info/

wooo hooo congrats !!!!

we have interview tomorrow ... will let u know how it goes !!

Event Date
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

Timeline

That was fast! I expect two months from when we get out b4 we get the interview... at least thats what others at our consulate are waiting... I asked if I can get bumped up in line back to where I was b4 AP and they laughed..

Good luck tomorrow!

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline

PM Scandal - that is his list.

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

My contact at Congressman Johnson's office wrote me that the NVC advised her to call back in 2 days. From the other posts in this thread, that may mean that NVC is about to move on my case. Crossing my fingers!

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline
My contact at Congressman Johnson's office wrote me that the NVC advised her to call back in 2 days. From the other posts in this thread, that may mean that NVC is about to move on my case. Crossing my fingers!

Its looking like we will all be getting out in aout 30 days from the day we got in... I wonder if they have a goal of 30 days for AP...

Timeline

We just found out today that after 27 days in AP, our petition is on its way to London... hang in there, Steve S and the rest. Call them now... you may be surprised. We are here for you... this uphill battle is not over by a long shot yet. Prayers out that the rest will be freed soon! Much love and prayers to be reunited with your loved ones soon. xxx :) Malena

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.