Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
How do you get a hold of a congressional liason? I am prepared to write, call, email, whomever if our petition is not out of AP by the end of the month. 21 days today and this is really getting on my nerves. My name is extremely uncommon, so no false positive returns are possible. I had fingerprints done for the FBI when I was 17 and worked for a daycare center; it was required as a condition of my employment. I have nothing else... no parking tickets, no moving violations, nothing. This is so frustrating! And my father is getting sicker and our wedding date is just 105 days away... I am keeping that day regardless and we will just have to start the process over on the I-130 and K3 UGH!! Good luck to all of you. I hope we will be free of this nightmare soon. And may others not fall in the same trap. Malena :)

Do a search online for your congressional rep for your district. The rep will have a website and you can email them, call them or as in my case drop by since the office is two blocks away. Each congressional representative has a specific person to address these issues...

Thx ...Gald i found yall too....How did you get your 3rd packet from embassey without them recieving you stuff yet?

They are already out... several folks come back to help those that just got in AP.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
How do you get a hold of a congressional liason? I am prepared to write, call, email, whomever if our petition is not out of AP by the end of the month. 21 days today and this is really getting on my nerves. My name is extremely uncommon, so no false positive returns are possible. I had fingerprints done for the FBI when I was 17 and worked for a daycare center; it was required as a condition of my employment. I have nothing else... no parking tickets, no moving violations, nothing. This is so frustrating! And my father is getting sicker and our wedding date is just 105 days away... I am keeping that day regardless and we will just have to start the process over on the I-130 and K3 UGH!! Good luck to all of you. I hope we will be free of this nightmare soon. And may others not fall in the same trap. Malena :)

Do a search online for your congressional rep for your district. The rep will have a website and you can email them, call them or as in my case drop by since the office is two blocks away. Each congressional representative has a specific person to address these issues...

Thx ...Gald i found yall too....How did you get your 3rd packet from embassey without them recieving you stuff yet?

They are already out... several folks come back to help those that just got in AP.

Thank you so much for the help, ScottThuy! I will do a search and see what I can find :) May we all have an end to this nightmare soon and be reunited with our loved ones sooner rather than later. :) Malena

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you so much for the help, ScottThuy! I will do a search and see what I can find :) May we all have an end to this nightmare soon and be reunited with our loved ones sooner rather than later. :) Malena

Hang in there guys! 41 days for us.. I finally went to my congressmans office and within 4 working days was out.. now did the congressman do anything? I dont know... maybe it was on the way out the door anyway.

But when you go to the congressmans office you will have to fillout/sign a privacy release so that they can make an inquiry..

Good luck to all!

K-1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2009-03-28

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-07

I-129F RFE(s) : Thanks to VJ NONE!!!!!

RFE Reply(s) :

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-24

NVC Received : 2009-08-26

NVC Left : 2009-10-06 41 days of AP at NVC

Consulate Received : 2009-10-08

Packet 3 Received :

Packet 3 Sent :

Packet 4 Received :

Interview Date : 2009-11-10

Visa Received : 2009-11-17

US Entry : 2009-11-21

Marriage : 2009-12-18 Married!!!!!!

Comments : INTERVIEW PASSED!!!!!!!!!

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-129f was approved in 139 days from your NOA1 date.

I had my name spelling corrected in 2002 and my birth certificate has annotation of it. I already sent my DS-230 to NVC but I did not write my wrong spelled name. Will this be an issue? I didn't write to make informations the same as G-325A (my husband prepared it and he didn't think about the wrong spelled name that's why it wasn't mentioned in the form). Now, for the interview, I will request NBI clearance with the wrong spelled name because I have a feeling that the embassy will ask for it. Will this put me on AP after interview? Thanks.

September 2007-- Met Online (FilipinaHeart.com)
March 12,2009-- Married at Quezon City Hall of Justice
USCIS/NVC STAGE
May 8,2009-- I-130 Sent
August 17,2009-- I-130 Approved
August 26, 2009--case received at NVC
November 5,2009--CASE COMPLETED
USEM MANILA STAGE/ U.S. SOIL
November 17-18,2009--Medical PASSED
December 10, 2009--Interview @ 8:30AM A-P-P-R-O-V-E-D
January 25, 2010--FLIGHT(Manila-Japan-Detroit,MI-Buffalo,NY)
February 22,2010-- 2-yr GREEN CARD received
February 26, 2010--SSN received
REMOVING of CONDITIONS
December 22, 2011-- I-751 mailed
February 28, 2012-- Biometrics done

October 10, 2012-- 10-yr GREEN CARD received
NATURALIZATION
January 09, 2013-- sent N-400
January 28, 2013-- Biometrics

May 22, 2013-- Interview Passed- Officially a US Citizen!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
I had my name spelling corrected in 2002 and my birth certificate has annotation of it. I already sent my DS-230 to NVC but I did not write my wrong spelled name. Will this be an issue? I didn't write to make informations the same as G-325A (my husband prepared it and he didn't think about the wrong spelled name that's why it wasn't mentioned in the form). Now, for the interview, I will request NBI clearance with the wrong spelled name because I have a feeling that the embassy will ask for it. Will this put me on AP after interview? Thanks.

Hi all ,

I wanted to let you know we are in AP too Its been three weeks today.

Of as you know I cant get any information..ect.

Its difficult to keep waiting,,

I phoned my congressmens office and the aid to me she would contact the NVC next week as its been 30 days .. So I can hope for some attention.

I dont know but it gives me hope.

Timeline

The congressional liason said that they cant really do anything more than inquire and they cant make a direct impact on NVC but the fact is that an inquiry is noted in the file when it is on an investigators desk.. and the investigator usually gets it off of thier desk ASAP once an inquiry has been made.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

3-1/2 weeks of AP for me now. One week ago my congressional rep made an inquiry, but still AP when I called last night.

I wonder if eventually when the file gets to Moscow, they might expedite my interview date ahead of people with Noa-1 dates 2 months after mine, who received shorter USCIS wait and no AP.

Desperately wanting to see my woman in January.

The congressional liason said that they cant really do anything more than inquire and they cant make a direct impact on NVC but the fact is that an inquiry is noted in the file when it is on an investigators desk.. and the investigator usually gets it off of thier desk ASAP once an inquiry has been made.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Scotland
Timeline
3-1/2 weeks of AP for me now. One week ago my congressional rep made an inquiry, but still AP when I called last night.

I wonder if eventually when the file gets to Moscow, they might expedite my interview date ahead of people with Noa-1 dates 2 months after mine, who received shorter USCIS wait and no AP.

Here's to hoping it gets out soon! I am with you in this hell, Steve S. Ours has been in 23 days today and no word on when it will move. Hang in there and hopefully yours will be off to Moscow soon and mine off to London. Hoping to see my man in January as well for our wedding planned on the 28 January, 2010... :) Malena

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Here's to hoping it gets out soon! I am with you in this hell, Steve S. Ours has been in 23 days today and no word on when it will move. Hang in there and hopefully yours will be off to Moscow soon and mine off to London. Hoping to see my man in January as well for our wedding planned on the 28 January, 2010... :) Malena

\\

Yes lets hope it comes soon..

Its been a long jourey.

Timeline

Steve, You and I are in the same boat all the way down to the congressional inquiry last week... He told me that there was nothing that could be done to speed up things at the consulate that we are at the end of the queue when we get sent there... I said it was not fair since we got NOA2 so far ahead of those already at the consulate... he said the government aint fair.

Timeline

Looks like most of us that are still in AP got in around the same time... Sept 22-24... we should start popping out of AP next week.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

This sucks.

:angry:

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Timeline
This sucks.

Well said Steve :thumbs:

Filed: Other Country: Denmark
Timeline
This sucks.

Well said Steve :thumbs:

I dropped by to check on you Scott, sorry you are still stuck!

03/26/09 : NOA1

09/23/09 : NOA2

11/13/09 : APPROVED and visa in hand!!!

It does suck.

We got so darned annoyed by being held up so long last year that we rang around as well, and got pretty much the same answers. No time frame, no one can move it a long, no we can't tell you why..yada yada. The only time my SO rang the DOS they put him on hold and transferred him back to NVC.

The thing that got up my nose the most was the utter lack of transparency. This was our petition, our lives were on hold, and heaven knows we were not getting any younger. We had already been approved at VSC, and NVC can't deny so why the blinkin hold up??

In the end we did file a FOIS request, and although it will take likely a year to hear back I still want to know what the heck that was all about. I know at the interview I was told it was random, as the person conducting the interview was leafing through our paperwork. I wished at the time I was able to read upside down ..she had about half an inch stack of paper she was turning over page by page and I knew was nothing we had sent. All along one side were little boxes with strange looking symbols in each one, and I confess the urge to ask if I could see those papers was overwhelming!

Even worse..lol...when the Mysterious Brown Envelope with DO NOT OPEN arrived in the post I knew that paperwork was in there, and that there were the answers to our questions. And I could not get at it :lol:

At the POE in San Francisco the border person ripped the envelope open, and I got another fleeting glimpse of them..I'd have paid to see what was on those papers.

I know it's a frustrating, and totally maddening delay. But I also know it does pass, and it seems that times are coming way down from the early days, so that is good. Hang in there, keep ringing them.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.