Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hi all!

(1) Can IR-1/CR-1 be put on AP also? I noticed that mostly K1's are on AP at NVC.

(2) When you say you spoke to a Supervisor at NVC, how sure are you that the person you spoke to was REALLY a Supervisor? What if it was just a call center staff pretending to be a Supervisor? (just wondering..) :unsure:

1.CR1 and IR1 filers can get AP but you dont really see it happen at NVC since they get the file first and do the initial processing.. in that case AP happens when the file takes longer than normal, but they would usually not call it AP..... When they are done with the file and send it to the consulate, at that point one could get AP including K filers.. yep a K filer can be put in AP one more time after going through it at NVC. There are several filers at our consulate that have been in AP for some time.. in some cases a year or more...

2. Thats why I said reported to be a supervisor.. There is no way, in my mind, that it was... she was far too rude... and her english was very bad.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
@ Waiting4him - woo !! congrats !! - once they told me mine had shipped - I dared not to call back - I can only handle so much self inflicted torture :(

@dhc - congrats !!

@ Dennis&Dane - yes !!!

@lenaandbilly - try calling the "real" dept of state ?? See if they can give you an update ?? (Not NVC) - **side note - do you really think NVC would admit to calling ?? That would be considered "customer service and who ever called would prob be fired .... :rofl: - good luck ! Hope it means good things

@missmissy - fingers crossed !! Hope you get some good news !!

@chris@beth - is no way for knowing for sure

@ScottThuy - good luck - this whole process sinks to go though then this extra glitch is just added frustration :(

@d&z - fingers crossed for u also

Sorry if I overlooked anyone - congrats if you got out and good luck to all still in !

Thanks CrazyMary but I called them, at least I called 202-663-1225. In AP is what they say--I have been unable to get any sort of hints or time frame estimates as other people here have talked about. I was hoping that yesterday's phone call was a hint, but our petition didn't leave as of yesterday. Surely it means that at least someone is looking at our file? There have been 9 packages leave for Kyiv since the 28th of September. I was sure that each one would be ours as there are only about 9 of us here waiting for one but then it hit me that there are probably people going through this process that aren't members of this site and... Oh well, the wait continues--day 34. Hopefully some of us will escape today. New day, new hope.

Lena left today for Kyiv where she will get her medical exam tomorrow, feels good to be making progress but DAMN I thought she'd already be here by now!!!

Edited by lenaandbilly

Today was the day that NVC cust service sent me over the edge :bonk: ... I got the rep that has such a bad grasp on the english language that my fiance who does not speak english as her primary language could teach this woman english. She said she could not tell me anything other than the script.. she said she would get a supervisor.. then she came back to say nobody had time to talk to me now.. call back later... I said I would be glad to hold... No can't hold I have to use the line... call back... Since I had already called and waited on hold I saw no need to do it again tonight... So she said hold on and got what was reported to be a "supervisor".. yup her english was worst than the original rep.... She had no answers other than the ones given by the first person and when I asked what AP was and why I was having to go through it... Because of "natural security" she could not say nothing... and if I wanted to talk to someone I could call DOS... yep same number from earlier today when they asked me why I called them and not NVC... she finally gave me the silent treatment :pop: when I would ask her a question.. and when I would say well are you there? Are you going to answer me? She would just say.. yes I am here I hear you...

So now its off to see my congressman tomorrow... Funny thing that his office is only a couple of blocks from mine... then off to get my senator into it... I paid to get the damned visa application processed and there is no reason for it to take any longer than any other case... or to just sit on someones desk..

Ahh the rant is done...

You've been in AP about 2 weeks (per your timeline) and you're going to contact your congressman & senator?? :blink:

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manila, Philippines

I-129F Sent : 2008-12-02

I-129F Receipt Notice : 2008-12-05

RFE: 2009-02-26

Approval Notice: 2009-03-13

NVC Received: 2009-03-23

Left NVC: 2009-05-12

Stuck at NVC 50 days

Interview: 2009-06-23 Passed!

Visa picked up: 2009-06-25

POE Detroit: 2009-07-04

Married: 2009-09-11

Filed for AOS: 2009-09-22

Biometrics taken: 2009-10-29

Advance Parole approved 2009-11-04

Employment Authorization approved 2009-11-04

AOS Appointment 2009-12-15

AOS Approved 2009-12-15

Green Card Received 2010-01-02

Filed for ROC: 2011-09-17

ROC approved 2012-03-21

Green Card Received 2012-03-26

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
@ Waiting4him - woo !! congrats !! - once they told me mine had shipped - I dared not to call back - I can only handle so much self inflicted torture :(

@dhc - congrats !!

@ Dennis&Dane - yes !!!

@lenaandbilly - try calling the "real" dept of state ?? See if they can give you an update ?? (Not NVC) - **side note - do you really think NVC would admit to calling ?? That would be considered "customer service and who ever called would prob be fired .... :rofl: - good luck ! Hope it means good things

@missmissy - fingers crossed !! Hope you get some good news !!

@chris@beth - is no way for knowing for sure

@ScottThuy - good luck - this whole process sinks to go though then this extra glitch is just added frustration :(

@d&z - fingers crossed for u also

Sorry if I overlooked anyone - congrats if you got out and good luck to all still in !

Thanks CrazyMazy!

Timeline

Have known each other and have been friends for 20+ Years.

May 18, 2009 - Mailed I-129F Package

May 19, 2009 - Receipt of Confirmation from USPS

May 22, 2009 - Check Cashed

May 23, 2009 - Received NOA1

May 23, 2009 - Signed up for E-mail updates on USCIS.gov website.

Aug 27, 2009 - Touched 1

Aug 27, 2009 - NOA-2 E-mail Received!

Sept 8, 2009 - NVC Received File - Was stuck in AP for 28 Days!

Oct 6, 2009 - NVC sent file to Manila - Thank GOD

Oct 9, 2009 - File in System at US. Embassy In Manila

Oct 15, 2009 - Information packet received by Beneficiary from Manila

Oct 14, 2009 - Advanced Medical Exam Passed

Nov 10, 2009 - Interview - Passed Thank GOD again.

Nov 17, 2009 - Visa received

Nov 17, 2009 - CFO Seminar

Nov 21, 2009 - returned to US with the Love of my life.

Dec 17th, 2009 - Wedding! Yahoo!

Jan 14th, 2010 - Mailed I-485 / 765 Package

Jan 21, 2010 - NOA1 for 485 / 765

Feb 17, 2010 - Biometrics

Mar 9, 2010 - EAD Card in Production

May 28, 2010 - Greencard Received!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called NVC yesterday and spoke to a supervisor named Betsy. She said she saw nothing new with our case. I guess that was a "hint" that we will not get out this week. It's day 33 and this truely sucks.

Vermont Service Center Consulate: manila, philippinesI-129F Sent : 2009-03-23 I-129F NOA1: 2009-03-25 I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-02

NVC Received : 2009-09-04 NVC Left : 2009-10-07 Consulate Received : 2009-10-15

interview date: 2009-11-05 APPROVED!! Thank you Jesus!!

AOS

I-485 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-765 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

I-131 sent 2010-08-02, NOA 2010-12-02

Transfered to CSC 2010-26-02 Biometrics 2010-03-03

http://www.philippineconsulate-sf.org/dual...nship_faq.htm#1

Timeline

This process (I use that term for lack of a better one) is like one of those dreams/nightmares in which you are in a fight or some other predicament but are unable to swing your arms or run or scream... :angry:

Hi all!

(1) Can IR-1/CR-1 be put on AP also? I noticed that mostly K1's are on AP at NVC.

(2) When you say you spoke to a Supervisor at NVC, how sure are you that the person you spoke to was REALLY a Supervisor? What if it was just a call center staff pretending to be a Supervisor? (just wondering..) :unsure:

Beth, no AP for CR1 at NVC, AP can happen at the embassy stage though. Only K visas get AP at NVC.

A supervisor will I.D. they selfs, well it happened to me when I called when we were in AP for our K3 at NVC.

Truly happy!!!

New life, new adventures, and a new attitude.

Timeline

Yes I have been in AP for two weeks and met with the congressionalconstituent services rep today. Could anyone give me a good reason why that would be wrong of me or out of line? I see so many cases that gotNOA2 after me that are at the consulate already. When I gave him a copy of the NOA2 he was amazed at the wording that was used. As far as I am. Oncerned I do t want to wait a month or more and if my congressional inquiry speeds things up 1 or 2 days it was worth the 30 minutes that it cost me this AM.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline
I called NVC yesterday and spoke to a supervisor named Betsy. She said she saw nothing new with our case. I guess that was a "hint" that we will not get out this week. It's day 33 and this truely sucks.

No, Mari that's not necessarily true. I called one morning and they said "nothing new" then I called later the same day and they said, "Well! It looks like you're getting out of AP today!" The lady said it so sweetly and warmly, I think they really like to give good news. They don't try to be mean. It's just a bureaucracy, and they have to follow protocol and say what they're told to say. Anyway, I think I'll never forget those words and that sweet tone of voice. I knew that woman was so happy to give me good news.

Event Date

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Naples, Italy

I-129F Sent : 2009-05-18

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-05-21

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-09-01

NVC Received : 2009-09-04

NVC Left : 2009-10-02

Consulate Received : 2009-10-05

Packet 3 Received : 2009-10-07

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline
Yes I have been in AP for two weeks and met with the congressionalconstituent services rep today. Could anyone give me a good reason why that would be wrong of me or out of line? I see so many cases that gotNOA2 after me that are at the consulate already. When I gave him a copy of the NOA2 he was amazed at the wording that was used. As far as I am. Oncerned I do t want to wait a month or more and if my congressional inquiry speeds things up 1 or 2 days it was worth the 30 minutes that it cost me this AM.

May main objection (and it still is) was the letter they sent me when my case first arrived to NVC. That letter clearly said my case was approved and would be forwarded to the consulate within 7 days. I found out 2 weeks later it was still in NVC and it stayed there 2 weeks more after that. They should stop sending that misleading letter to people, and replace it with a letter saying simply "your case has arrived at NVC and is undergoing processing... we will notify you when there is a change in your status or if we require further documentation." That would solve a lot of grief.

Event Date

Interview ... WAIVED? Never heard of this, but they didn't even interview him, just told him pick up his visa the next day.

Current Status: Interview ... waived ... I guess :) They just took his fingerprints and documents and told him everything was in order and he should pick up his visa tomorrow! WOW

I can't believe it's only been 7 months since we filed ... seems like an eternity!

Timeline
GOOD NEWS! We were sent out to Brazzaville today!! Good luck!!

Congratulations! I wish you a speedy process from here on!

Event Date

No, Mari that's not necessarily true. I called one morning and they said "nothing new" then I called later the same day and they said, "Well! It looks like you're getting out of AP today!" The lady said it so sweetly and warmly, I think they really like to give good news. They don't try to be mean. It's just a bureaucracy, and they have to follow protocol and say what they're told to say. Anyway, I think I'll never forget those words and that sweet tone of voice. I knew that woman was so happy to give me good news.

yes I would have to agree with ladonna - i had called that morning and argue with them even over the fact that I had already been told I was out of ap just waiting for the dang thing to be shipped in "sometime within 5 days" and she said I was still in ap and no time frame.

But called on a whim that evening (I had only called one time at night the whole time I was in ap ) and the lady who answered was like "no.. oh it shipped today "

so think some are real slackers there and do not even check

Event Date
Consulate : Bucharest, Romania
I-129F Sent : 2009-04-21
I-129F Received: 2009-04-23
Check Cashed: 2009-04-27
I-129F NOA1 : 2009-04-28
I-129F NOA2 : 2009-08-26 !!!!!!! biggrin.png
NVC Received : 2009-08-28
NVC Left: 2009-09-30 FINALLY AP SUCKS
Consulate Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Received :2009-10-01
Packet 3 Sent :2009-10-06
Medical: 2009-10-19
Interview Date :2009-10-21
Visa Received :2009-10-21
US Entry :2009-10-26
Marriage :12/12/2009 biggrin.png
AOS Mailed UPS: 01/18/2010
AOS Package Received: 01/19/2010
I-485 Approval: 01/28/2011
I-751 Sent: 01/15/2013
I-751 Received: 01/16/2013
ROC:
01/14/2013 I-751 package sent.
01/15/2013 package received.
01/16/2013 check cashed.
06/07/2013 RFE - More evidence

09/12/2013 RFE Returned with full 4 years of Evidence packet

12/02/2012 - Received Approval letter !!

​12-12-2013 - 4 year anniversary smile.png

event.png

Timeline
May main objection (and it still is) was the letter they sent me when my case first arrived to NVC. That letter clearly said my case was approved and would be forwarded to the consulate within 7 days. I found out 2 weeks later it was still in NVC and it stayed there 2 weeks more after that. They should stop sending that misleading letter to people, and replace it with a letter saying simply "your case has arrived at NVC and is undergoing processing... we will notify you when there is a change in your status or if we require further documentation." That would solve a lot of grief.

Exactly, that is my main gripe!

Timeline

Exactly, that is my main gripe!

The letter is from USCIS and should not mention the consulate but say case approved by us and has been sent to NVC.

I think I will send an email to the Ombudsman regarding the misinformation. That is who can best resolve the issue.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.