Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

my fiancee call the nvc today... and the operator said we are still on AP....my goshhh.. geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,...it really makes me cry....and lost hope... i give up this processing...

shF5m5.png

29722_112256618812440_1000008430620.jpg

We're still waiting as well.

Hi cdneh,

This really sucks.... just when we thought we were so close.... we get stuck for AP!! I try so hard not to think about it or worry too much... the truth is, had I not found this site, I would never think twice that our case was unusual, only because I see other K1 filers fly thru NVC in a couple of days did I think why was ours taking so long.... however, I am greatful for everyone's support here and everything I've learned just from other peoples experiences... I guess the only thing we can do is WAIT.....

Just hang on there..you are just at the starting point of your journey. could take a couple of months before you will have everything in order. Background check is part of the process. The petition your petitioner filed for you does not mean you are getting your visa but only means he is eligible to file for him to bring you here. That is why there is the so called"processing time and interview to see if you deserve to be granted a visa.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
my fiancee call the nvc today... and the operator said we are still on AP....my goshhh.. geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,...it really makes me cry....and lost hope... i give up this processing...

I can understand how you must be feeling, but don't lose hope, hang on in there.

Just hang on there..you are just at the starting point of your journey. could take a couple of months before you will have everything in order. Background check is part of the process. The petition your petitioner filed for you does not mean you are getting your visa but only means he is eligible to file for him to bring you here. That is why there is the so called"processing time and interview to see if you deserve to be granted a visa.

K1's are not usually held this long at NCV. The ordinary time there is 1-2 days for K1's. That is why the concern.

We haven't GOT to the interview stage and can't until we are released by NVC. We were approved by Vermont or California, and are held up at NVC.

NVC haven't the power to deny anything in our cases, and they sure don't decide whether or not we deserve to get a visa thanks.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

I can understand how you must be feeling, but don't lose hope, hang on in there.

Hi Marybeth!

You are not alone girl.. we are on the same boat.I feel very impatient this time but my fiance keep encouraging me huh!Let's just hope that one of these days NVC will forward our case to USEM. Mine is one month already since we received the NVC letter. Good Luck To all of us who got stuck at NVC.

I cant believe it...but we called, yes we did....

Same old story..... still in AP....this is a busy time of the year sir, and your case is still under review pls call back.

Reading this, I think we are on AP too :crying: ..that's what they said, busy time of the year and they will make an inquiry on our case and will let us know. We are waiting for case completion, submitted it last November and all they told us now is that it's a busy time of the year. :bonk:

1190776ucw831u5nf.gif

Timeline

hello miss jane,

yeah, i am hoping until this month we hear a good news.. after january 14, 2009 and we still don't hear a good news.. we will make a decision, if my fiancee he should come back or not here in philippines...because we can't wait more too long... i miss him so much...

shF5m5.png

29722_112256618812440_1000008430620.jpg

Timeline

I guess we wont be calling and waste our time, Im sure we are still stuck there just like you guys!!

K1's are not usually held this long at NCV. The ordinary time there is 1-2 days for K1's. That is why the concern.

We haven't GOT to the interview stage and can't until we are released by NVC. We were approved by Vermont or California, and are held up at NVC.

NVC haven't the power to deny anything in our cases, and they sure don't decide whether or not we deserve to get a visa thanks.

:thumbs:

Those of us stuck here are K1 filers - our checklists and other requests for documentation will come directly from the embassy, I think we all had letters from NVC saying they had received our petitions and would be forwarding them to the embassy within a week, but then they never did!

They have sent us no further letters, our knowledge of being in AP is from ringing the NVC helpline or e-mailing them to ask about progress on our case.

I have no idea what the process is for K3 and how our stuckness compares to people waiting on K3 petitions, sorry.

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Timeline
hello miss jane,

yeah, i am hoping until this month we hear a good news.. after january 14, 2009 and we still don't hear a good news.. we will make a decision, if my fiancee he should come back or not here in philippines...because we can't wait more too long... i miss him so much...

We have no choice but to wait.. wait and wait huh! Let's just pray and be more patient this time.My Fiance think that maybe our case got stucked at NVC because of the Holidays. JUst a thought huh! AJA everyone!!

Timeline
hello miss jane,

We have no choice but to wait.. wait and wait huh! Let's just pray and be more patient this time.My Fiance think that maybe our case got stucked at NVC because of the Holidays. JUst a thought huh! AJA everyone!!

all i can say is...wwwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :dance: wooohhh what a relief!!!!!....6 weeks and 4 days stucked here.... :ot2:

hello miss jane,

all i can say is...wwwwwwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :dance: wooohhh what a relief!!!!!....6 weeks and 4 days stucked here.... :ot2:

Are you out of AP?

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Not sure if this is good news or not.... I just called the NVC (and was incredibly nice to them against my better judgement) and I got a nice lady on the other side. She informed me that while the case is still in AP/AR, I should call back at the end of the week as it's nearing completion.

Could be smoke... could not be.

Just an FYI in case anyone calls today. Ask them if it's nearing completion... see what you get.

7/12/2008: 129-F Sent to Vermont

8/4/2008: First NOA

11/20/2008: Second NOA

11/26/2008: NVC Notice

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.