Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
hey guys...

i guess im the newest AP guy around here...i just called NVC and ive been told that i have an AP on my case,that's quite a christamas gift from them...

Anyway, i just wanted to ask you guys like ,from your experience, how long can this waiting for this AP to get solved at NVC can last ? how much time did other people wait? i just want to know the average period, because we already set the wedding date and we are kinda behind with the scheduale anyway after 2 RFEs at USCIS...

Nate

Welcome.

I acually waited 6 weeks - I counted incorrect.

Hang in there. Stick around in this thread and you'll see others leave AP. :thumbs:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Just wanted to stop in and wish you all luck...

We were only stuck for 3 weeks but it did seem like forever as we watched everyone else move along in days.

I hope you all hear something soon!

timeline.jpg

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
Just wanted to stop in and wish you all luck...

We were only stuck for 3 weeks but it did seem like forever as we watched everyone else move along in days.

I hope you all hear something soon!

Thanks for checking in on us Kim... this has been a rough journey for us stuck here on this forum. If this continues for over 6 weeks, it really does start to make you wonder how the rest of the journey will be. Is it true that NVC actually sends the file somewhere in Washington DC for additional checks. I could have sworn i read this info somewhere here on VJ. Does anyone know?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: New Zealand
Timeline

i've never heard of that, sorry. Perhaps an electronic copy of your names...etc..is sent over??? That's how AUK knew about our petition being approved even before they received the hardcopy.

When we got thrown into AP I did all the research I could to find others who were in the same situation. I found very few that were held up much longer than three weeks then (August/Sept '08). However, it seems now there are far more couples held up. I have to believe there are some new or different security checks in place recently but I can't find any new documentation supporting that.

i can tell you that there is/was absolutely nothing in either of our backgrounds that should hold us up.

i'll be keeping an eye out and my fingers crossed for all of you!!! Keep the faith!

timeline.jpg

thanks, we have been at the nvc for close to 4 weeks now, no news today unfortunately - hope the rest of youhave better luck:)

K1 Journey

I-129F Sent : 2nd July 2008

NOA1 : 25th July 2008

NOA2 : 28th November 2008

NVC Received : 2nd December 2008

NVC Left : 12th January 2009

Consulate Received : 26th January 2009

Packet 3 Sent : 27th January 2009

Interview: 19th February 2009

Visa in hand : 24th February 2009

Flew to US: 28th February 2009

Wedding Day 10th March 2009 in snowy Colorado

AOS Journey

AOS package sent : 24th March 2009

NOA: 31st March 2009

AOS transferred to CSC: 13th April 2009

Biometrics Appt: 23rd April 2009

AOS approved 13th May 2009

Green Card received 9th June 2009

Stuck in AP at NVC thread

UK AOS Progress Timeline

Still in AP. That makes 6 weeks tomorrow.

They said they were closed Thursday this week.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline
Still in AP. That makes 6 weeks tomorrow.

They said they were closed Thursday this week.

WOW unbelievable!!! It seems like there is no light at the end of the tunnel for us, but I know there is!!!! Hang in there, I know it's tough. SIX WEEKS For us as of today!!

Timeline

cdneh,

I read on another post of yours that you already have your packet 3...is it just that way in your country I thought embassy sends that after they get your file from NVC? Just curious :hehe:

cdneh,

I read on another post of yours that you already have your packet 3...is it just that way in your country I thought embassy sends that after they get your file from NVC? Just curious :hehe:

I sent them a scan of the NOA2, Auckland quite often sends them out in advance, and they did based on getting the scan . I suspect they don't frequently have people stuck at NVC from here.

I've had the medical, organized the paperwork for interview. All there is now is getting out of NVC.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

here you go.. more reading on security checks :star:

http://usaimmigrationattorney.com/Security...tiveReview.html

just a quick summary from there.....

"At National Visa Center (State Department) stage, a separate independent NCIC database check is done by in-house FBI staff in connection with information supplied in the DS-230. Based on results, NVC has the option to request full fingerprints to be taken at post. NVC checks can usually be completed in 24 hours. In some limited cases involving high-risk visa applicants meeting certain specific criteria, NVC also does Security Advisory Opinions (SOAs) before sending the file to Consular Post."

Edited by gogo

I-130 STAGE 1 : 533 days - 1 year 6 months (4/16/2007 to 9/22/2008)

Priority Date I-130 : 4/16/2007 ( 533 days , APPROVED 9/22/2008)
Transferred to local office based on "security checks" : 11/27/2007
wrote hundreds of letters - received letter from FBI Records Management Chief stating no security checks
local office interview : 2/21/2008 - brought my parents too (result : you will get approval within 2-3 weeks)

5/2/2008 - (lawsuit) Writ of Mandamus - OFFICIAL DATE (7/29/2008)
9/22/2008 - CALL AND EMAIL COPY OF APPROVAL NOTICE FROM LAWYER

NVC STAGE 2 : 99 days - 3 months (9/30/2008 to 1/7/2009)

NVC Received : 9/30/2008
Received Packet 3 (I-864/DS-230) : 11/10/2008
NVC says "RFE sent out 12/9/08 for missing documents" : 12/10/2008
CASE COMPLETE - 1/7/2009

CONSULATE STAGE 3 : 96 days - 3 months (1/8/2009 to 4/14/2009)
CLEARED CUSTOMS - 3/10/2009
**APPOINTMENT DATE : 4/14/2009, 7:15AM**
** BLUE SLIP **

AP STAGE 4 : 97 days - 3 months (4/14/2009 to 7/20/2009)
DOS call to receive I-601 (Waiver of Grounds for Inadmissibility - basically denial) from Guangzhou : 6/24/2009

REMOVAL OF I-601 due to my letters to the USCIS Director, Michael Aytes: 6/29/2009
CALL-IN LETTER NOTIFIED : 7/8/2009
CALL-IN LETTER (APPROVAL)!! : 7/16/2009
ALL DONE!! (got both GREEN CARD & SSN CARD) : 10/1/2009

"http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/194075-feel-like-a-cr-1-csc-castaway/page-60" (pages 53-63) for more updates and letter I wrote to Director Michael Aytes and his replies and back and forth..

HER PARENTS - 10 months so far

I-130 Sent In : 1/7/2013

I-130 Approval : 3/28/2013

Transfer to NVC : 6/12/2013

Case Complete : 8/25/2013

"Ready for Interview" (Ready to wait for 1-3 Months, this is official NVC letter transfer date) : 9/9/2013

DHL Tracking : arrived 9/24/2013

P4 Letter : 11/21/2013

Interview Date : 12/9/2013, originally 12/3, stupid lawyer filled out her dad's passport number wrong..

Interview Passed : 12/9/2013

Visa "Issued" on CEAC : 12/10/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.