Sweetjuly

STUCK @ NVC for AP

3,046 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Scott, my reading of the Moscow embassy instructions is that we do not need to send a DS-230 or anything else ahead of time besides what is in the packet forwarded by NVC. She will bring the other documents with her to the interview. Maybe they do it differently in Vietnam?

I am going to e-mail the Moscow embassy and see if they can give us an interview date ASAP, since we had to wait so long at USCIS and NVC! In any case, the interview is usually less than 60 days from the time the application makes it to the embassy.

It is different at VN.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline
If anyone here has mastered DHL tracking from the NVC, please PM me if you can locate a package sent to Moscow sometime between Weds and Fri of last week. I have tried all those 'EXP" and "CORRESPNDENCE" codes but maybe I am still not doing it right. If not, that is not a big deal because to find out if my particular case made it I will need to correspond with the embassy anyway.

here is your tracking# Steve.. as best I can see..

Edited by ScottThuy

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Thanks, Scott!

I really dont understand the obsession with tracking as the DOS has the current information as to if the consolate has received it and when it left the NVC.

We do it because we are in love, we are waiting such a long time for our betrothed, and we cling greedily to any small sign that our case is moving along. Logically, we know that it doesn't really help us to know if a parcel has left NVC for our consulate (which may or may not contain our case), but it give us something tangible to pin our hopes on.

For me it is not really an obsession, I was just curious if a parcel did in fact leave for Moscow around the time I was told it was on its way.

05/04/09 -- K1 visa, NOA-1

09/18/09 -- K1, NOA-2

01/26/09 -- Interview passed in Moscow

03/02/10 -- POE, JFK airport

05/23/10 -- Wedding!

11/16/10 -- 2-year green card approved

04/01/13 -- 10-year green card approved

11/23/13 -- N-400 mailed

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline

weard ...the nvc just call here and ask for my ex-husband...they must check for fraud prevention there too...i hope they boot our #### outa ap today....mabe that was a good sign.....

bridget

weard ...the nvc just call here and ask for my ex-husband...they must check for fraud prevention there too...i hope they boot our #### outa ap today....mabe that was a good sign.....

This happened to ScottThuy recently as well: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3423917

Improved USCIS Form G-325A (Biographic Information)

Form field input font changed to allow entry of dates in the specified format and to provide more space for addresses and employment history. This is the 6/12/09 version of the form; the current version is 8/8/11, but previous versions are accepted per the USCIS forms page.

Timeline

This happened to ScottThuy recently as well: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3423917

i read that this morning 2 and 1 hour later they call me weard......mabe its a good sign.....

bridget

Timeline

Thats what they did to me.. you should be out tomorrow and on the way to the consulate Wed.... I assume it was a woman from the same # that I posted last week... if you call that # it should be a message saying not in use or something to that affect.

That call is a very good sign.. to anyone in AP, dont be surprised if you get that call and just be nice... the answers/truth will get the case out of AP. I know someone that got cocky with the caller from the consulate, same type of call, he was denied days later... I would not risk a note in the file that I was an @ss on the phone...

Now that is an interesting new wrinkle..calling up to ask for the ex. Never known it to happen to any of us from last year...how peculiar :yes:

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Timeline

they have been doing it at the consulate for some time.. now I guess they are trying to get it out of the way at NVC when they can so its more streamlined at the consulate.. If anyone that got AP in NVC gets AP again.. please let the rest of us know...

Timeline
they have been doing it at the consulate for some time.. now I guess they are trying to get it out of the way at NVC when they can so its more streamlined at the consulate.. If anyone that got AP in NVC gets AP again.. please let the rest of us know...

omg...my friend bev was at my house today and i was gone...they called again and asked for my ex....and we are still in ap as of today.....grrrrr...lol...im ready to be out already.....

bridget

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

The NVC received my paperwork on Oct 21. When I called this morning, I was told that they are doing "some additional processing". No further explaination, no time frames, nothing. Just call back anytime. I understand that the normal processing time is about 5 days, it has only been 7, so I am not too concerned ( except for the fact that now who knows how long we will be there) so I just need to chill and start calling everyday. It would be great if they would at least tell you why.

Timeline

Enigma, expect 30 days... no way around it if it is in AP... just start working on everything you will need for the interview over the next month that you are waiting... your case should be at the consulate by Thanksgiving.

Mine got out of AP on Oct 22 or so they said... the consulate received the case on the 24th as per DoS today... the consulate has not responded to my email from Monday and DoS said there is no interview scheduled yet.

Timeline

omg...my friend bev was at my house today and i was gone...they called again and asked for my ex....and we are still in ap as of today.....grrrrr...lol...im ready to be out already.....

Wow.. they didnt take the first response as the truth and called again... they usually call someone else rather than the petitioner a second time.. at least that has been the case with the same type of calls when folks are in AP at the consulate... always be nice and tell them whatever they want... dont need any notes in the file saying you were evasive or defensive...

Timeline

Wow.. they didnt take the first response as the truth and called again... they usually call someone else rather than the petitioner a second time.. at least that has been the case with the same type of calls when folks are in AP at the consulate... always be nice and tell them whatever they want... dont need any notes in the file saying you were evasive or defensive...

ok ...out of ap as of oct.29th....woot.....doing the happy dance.... :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

bridget

Timeline

ok ...out of ap as of oct.29th....woot.....doing the happy dance.... :dance::dance::dance::dance::dance:

bridget

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.