Amby

planned parenthood gift certificates could be used for abortions

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Well it definitely would look better in a Christmas photo than a box of condoms.

Or a coat hanger. :whistle:

:P

:lol:

so over the line and so funny just for that reason! a total sarah silverman moment.

Honestly, after reading this, I was picturing being 16 and my dad handing me my stocking and being all proud that he found a perfect gift certificate for his daughter (the choice of a PAP, birth control or abortion). Who on earth would give these?!

Give the gift of health insurance then. :wacko:

On another note, Chris and I were discussing our health insurance coverage and I was so surprised to find out that abortion isn't covered as a medical procedure. Not that we were looking to have one, its just standard coverage by all the provinces in Canada.

Edited by MrsCat

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
If you have to pay out of pocket for a procedure - what does it matter how you pay for it.

that's true...an abortion for an xmas gift? it just seems a bit out there to me.

Well "abortions for Christmas" is the sensationalist hook for the story - I can't image there would be too many people who would consciously offer someone else an abortion as a "gift".

Filed: Timeline
If you have to pay out of pocket for a procedure - what does it matter how you pay for it.

that's true...an abortion for an xmas gift? it just seems a bit out there to me.

Well "abortions for Christmas" is the sensationalist hook for the story - I can't image there would be too many people who would consciously offer someone else an abortion as a "gift".

I know :lol:

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
what a wonderful stocking stuffer!

Well if they stuffed the Sock first, they would not be in that situation and would not need a gift card from planned parenthood.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They should distribute these gift certificates at high schools in Appalachia and our inner cities :rofl:

The imbreaders would not know how to read or use it.

:lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

"I'm sorry I ejaculated, but, I got a solution." - BF

"What is it?" - GF

"Here's a gift certificate to the local family planning. You could get an abortion free! Isn't that great!?" - BF

"This is so cool, now I can have unlimited unprotected sex!" - GF

mooninitessomeonesetusupp6.jpg

I'm for mandatory choice.

"The fact that we are here today to debate raising America’s debt limit is a sign of leadership failure. It is a sign that the U.S. Government can’t pay its own bills. It is a sign that we now depend on ongoing financial assistance from foreign countries to finance our Government’s reckless fiscal policies."

Senator Barack Obama
Senate Floor Speech on Public Debt
March 16, 2006

barack-cowboy-hat.jpg
90f.JPG

I don't think it was intended in the way it has been intepreted - oh well, never mind.

Enlighten us.

It is kinda obvious - women's health is being compromised because of the economic uncertainty. This is just one idea to try to ensure that some women have access to health care and while as has been said, these vouchers COULD be used for an abortion (there being no specific clause in the voucher that prohibits its use for that purpose) the intention is clearly to give access to preventative medicine. Well, that's how I read the article anyway.

Of course it's easy to focus on the 'give a gift of abortion' angle (oh, hahahaha, how funny is that?) it's actually really sad that preventative medicine is the first thing that people cut back on.

Refusing to use the spellchick!

I have put you on ignore. No really, I have, but you are still ruining my enjoyment of this site. .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I was not aware that Planned Parenthood actually had gift certificates. I'm all for pro-choice but that's just lame, it's like getting a gift certificate to get your cholesterol checked. That's one crappy gift.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics