Amby

planned parenthood gift certificates could be used for abortions

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

They call it a "gift," but some would rather opt for a lump of coal.

A number of Planned Parenthood clinics in Indiana and Illinois are offering gift certificates for their services this Christmas.

Officials say the vouchers enable people to give their loved ones "the gift of life" — that would help pay for annual checkups and birth control — but also can be used for abortions.

Chrystal Struben-Hall with Planned Parenthood of Indiana said the idea is a response to economic woes that have forced many women to put health care at the bottom of their to-do list.

"People are making really tough decisions about putting gas in their car and food on their table," Struben-Hall said.

Planned Parenthood said the stocking-stuffers — that range in value from $25 to $100 and can be ordered online — are redeemable for health services at clinics throughout the two states and can go to any service offered. "We decided not to put restrictions on the gift certificates, so it’s for whatever people feel they need the services for most," Struben-Hall said.

A number of religious and pro-life groups are outraged, saying that at a time when millions are preparing to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ, Planned Parenthood is offering a gift that could fund an abortion.

"They can and will be used to end the lives of children at Christmas," said Cathy Ruse of the Family Research Council. She believes the gift certificates will anger many, even those who are not deeply religious. "A coupon for abortion at Christmastime?" Ruse said. "That’s just inherently offensive, I think, to all Americans."

Planned Parenthood of Indiana said the gift certificates will be especially useful in a state where, they say, 800,000 people are uninsured or cannot afford basic care.

Even the state’s Health Commissioner is calling the certificates a "really meaningful gift."

Christmas controversy is not new to Planned Parenthood. In the mid-1990s it began offering "Choice on Earth" holiday cards. The American Life League called the twist on the "peace on earth" message found in the New Testament book of Luke bigoted "mockery."

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,462127,00.html

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

what a wonderful stocking stuffer!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: Other Country: Japan
Timeline

I'm pro-choice,

but I think that any gift certificate from Planned Parenthood or anyplace like it is totally tasteless.

It either sends the message that "You're a pathetic ####### who can't keep her legs crossed" or

"here go kill another baby on me".

That becomes PRO-Abortion and PRO-Promiscuity.

THAT is a sick thought.

LingChe NVC Guide

Using this guide may allow you to fly through NVC in as little as 11 days.

visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/LingChe_NVC_ShortCut

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

2006-11-01: Met online through common interest in music - NOT Dating Service

2007-01-28: Met in person in Paris

2007-10-02: Married in Tokyo

2008-07-05: I-130 Sent

2008-08-13: NOA2 I-130

2008-10-02: Case Complete at NVC

2008-11-04: Interview - CR-1 Visa APPROVED

2008-12-11: POE - Chicago

2009-01-12: GC and Welcome Letter

2010-09-01: Preparing I-751 Removal of Conditions

2011-03-22: Card Production Ordered

2011-03-30 10 Year Card Received DONE FOR 10 YEARS

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

And it appears to have made very little difference.

.png

Timeline
They should distribute these gift certificates at high schools in Appalachia and our inner cities :rofl:

Essentially you're saying that you are superior to Appalachians and inner city residents

by virtue of the random circumstance of your birth.

That kind of "let them eat cake" attitude makes me fcuking sick.

Wow, makes you wish these certificates were around in your parent's youth huh? :rofl:

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

Standard Disclaimer (may not be valid in Iowa or Kentucky, please check your local laws): Any information given should not be considered legal advice,

and is based on personal experience or personal knowledge. Sometimes there might not be any information at all in my posts. Sometimes it might just

be humor or chit-chat, or nonsense. Deal with it. If you can read this...you're too close. Step away from the LingLing

YES WE DID!

.png

They should distribute these gift certificates at high schools in Appalachia and our inner cities :rofl:

Essentially you're saying that you are superior to Appalachians and inner city residents

Wow, makes you wish these certificates were around in your parent's youth huh? :rofl:

;)

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

elitist!

Well it definitely would look better in a Christmas photo than a box of condoms.

Or a coat hanger. :whistle:

:P

:help:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
Well it definitely would look better in a Christmas photo than a box of condoms.

Or a coat hanger. :whistle:

:P

Oh you could totally make a 'wreath' of condoms using the coat hanger as a base. Then you'll have prevention and a backup plan all in one pretty package.

Timeline

;)

Errrrr did I walk off the pier of sarcasm?

If so, my apology.

If not, FYYFF in a nice holiday way. ;)

LingChe NVC Guide

--------------------

Our Visa Journey

YES WE DID!

.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

* COMPUTERIZED SNAP! *

HAL 9000 wants one for the next time HE gets preggo.

:wacko:

Talk about BAD idea.

Wishing you ten-fold that which you wish upon all others.

;)

Errrrr did I walk off the pier of sarcasm?

If so, my apology.

If not, FYYFF in a nice holiday way. ;)

:rofl:

Man is made by his belief. As he believes, so he is.