laladoll

Well, now that I have read most of this site I am freaking out

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
I would concur but with a correction. CR1 is a spouse visa. The kids get CR2 visas. It might take a couple months longer but will save you a couple thousand in fees and allow you to work as soon as you desire after entry.

Thanks, I didn't know what # was given the derivative visas for the kids. I don't have any, and we adopted our furkids after I got here ;)

There are no derivative immigrant visas. K2 and K4 chidren are derivative, in that they don't need their own petition. CR2 children need their own petition and do not have any immigrant visa in connection to their parent's I-130.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

My boyfriend and i have been talking about myself and my 3 children moving from canada to the US....and now the way I feel I will be 80 yrs old by the time I can get over there. Can anyone tell me please that this just seems alot more complicated than it is????

Welcome to VJ! Yes, there is lots of information to digest, so read, and if you have questions after you've read all the info, come back and ask questions. It might help if your American fiance comes to VJ too, to read, and post as well. It seems less complicated when both of you understand the forms to file and the requirements.

Also, don't forget to check out the Canada Forum, where there is specific information about interviews and moving and a host of other subjects that are unique to Canada.

Here's the link: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showforum=93

Best of luck on your journey!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
semantics

Sure, if you insist. The visa process is one where the use of correct terminology is an extremely useful tool and where the use of the wrong terminology causes confusion and delay.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Complicated? Yes, to some degree. It was complicated for me because I didnt have this web site when I was trying to figure out what to do and the forms to send and how it should all be prepared. This site helps you with all that though. I did it the hard way, piecing it all together on my own, hoping I had it all correct. I couldnt afford a lawyer. Didnt have this site then. Still waiting to see if I overlooked something.

I am right at 11 months since I married and last saw my wife. one more month will be our first anniversary. Today I called Vermont Service Center, and they said to give it another 30-60 days. They scared me to death when one lady said there was correspondence sent to me April 15. She made it sound like something other than the NOA 1 (Notice of Action) for receipt of my packet. When I called back and spoke to someone else, that person told me it was the NOA 1, the correspondence sent me was.

Anyways, it certainly stressed me out at first, thinking I missed something important.

Some people get approved quickly, even those who filed ahead of me at the same service center even... even without it being expidited... That still stupifies me....

I get so afraid they are going to deny us for some reason. I even have been looking at other countries we both could immigrate to togetehr if that happens. It seems a sin that a government could stand in the way of a husband and wife being together. Something that seems immoral even, in that. It is awful what we have to go through to be reunited legally, and awful that governments can say "you will never be allowed to be together in this country as husband and wife". Awful that they can say "wait another year for you to get more evidence of a bonafide marriage" as happened to one couple here. It is just plain awful... Awful that the people dragging their feet on reuniting us are able to go home to their loved ones over the holidays while we are told we have to just be patient and wait for them to get off their butts and actually put in a good full day of WORK for a change....

Sigh.

I told my wife I will wait for her until I am 90 if need be, but that we will find another way to be together, immigrate elsewhere, if she turns 37 (in 2 more years).

Sorry I vented here... Just have so much pent up emotions about all this.

God be with us and with our loved ones through this long wait.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
My boyfriend and i have been talking about myself and my 3 children moving from canada to the US....and now the way I feel I will be 80 yrs old by the time I can get over there. Can anyone tell me please that this just seems alot more complicated than it is????

It seems a lot more complicated than it is. There.

Really you have no worries. You are from Canada which means you can come visit without a visa all you want and can even use cheap ground transportation and relatively cheap telephone communications with the same area code system! I had to travel to Ukraine and lose a day and half each way just to travel by flying at huge expense and put up with terrible long distance service via phone cards in order to afford phone calls! I live 6 miles from Quebec and go there often. No problems, they let even me back and forth all I want! And you probably won't need translation services. :(((

The whole process amounts to a few days of gathering nuisance paperwork and many weeks of doing nothing while you wait. We were married one year from the day we met, not so long really. Most people take at least that long to court and plan weddings. So relax, prepare the papers and enjoy the cheap phone calls. Next month ATT is beginning to offer unlimited calling to Canada for $24.95 per month (accordng to the ad I heard on the radio today

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Mine got here, and he made it before I reached 80, although I feel 80 after finishing the process. :whistle:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
semantics

Sure, if you insist. The visa process is one where the use of correct terminology is an extremely useful tool and where the use of the wrong terminology causes confusion and delay.

Well pushbrk you are definately your profile.. a striaght talker. but if I were to give all new people here advice I would say definately follow your instructionns and input and go with your advice. You are always precise and that is what people need so they dont make mistakes and become confused.

Truth of Palestine

take time to watch , give yourself time to understand. Then make your conclusions.

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=676280059

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...endid=242259905

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.