Morning Sunshine

How to cancel an application you filed with VSC?

52 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

Are you able to visit him anytime soon? That might help calm things down. I once withdrew an I-129 and it took three months to get a reply, since the withdrawal had to be approved by the director of the VSC. So, you have time to work on your joint anger.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline
Are you able to visit him anytime soon? That might help calm things down. I once withdrew an I-129 and it took three months to get a reply, since the withdrawal had to be approved by the director of the VSC. So, you have time to work on your joint anger.

Ok CJ are you Desi?

I want to say one thing Mahitab....just hold your horses for 3 months and then decide. You are at VSC and wont get approved for another 4 months anyway. When you get to the end of the 3rd month if you still feel mad at Samir then follow through with the cancellation procedures. If you really want to piss him off let him get approved and then never follow through with the rest of the steps needed to get him here. Now that's what I am talking about! :whistle:

Edited by Fatima and Syed

"We met each other by accident, but our love is surely not an accident".

---8----------><3"Struck by Cupid's arrow 01/04/2006"<3<---------8---

>Thanks Cupid! This one's a keeper!<

:-)*Giggles* :-)

"Fatima & Syed"<3<--><3 "Two beautiful hearts beating as one <3<3"

*Thanks to the creator who brings true love to those who await it patiently and accept it with an open heart, open arms, and an open mind.....

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Ok CJ are you Desi?

I want to say one thing Mahitab....just hold your horses for 3 months and then decide. You are at VSC and wont get approved for another 4 months anyway. When you get to the end of the 3rd month if you still feel mad at Samir then follow through with the cancellation procedures. If you really want to piss him off let him get approved and then never follow through with the rest of the steps needed to get him here. Now that's what I am talking about! :whistle:

now that's just mean!

karma anyone? lol

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Ok CJ are you Desi?

Never been a big fan of anger, but here is my two cents, which is close to what everyone said here. Give yourself at least 2-3 weeks before making a decision and see if there is any change in his attitutde. If he is honest in his change (aka apology), you will know in your heart. Make sure he doesn't give you a hard time since marriage is a two-way street and he needs to make sure just as much as you, if not more, that both of you are content with each other.

Yes, I am desi...

Timeline

Ok CJ are you Desi?

Never been a big fan of anger, but here is my two cents, which is close to what everyone said here. Give yourself at least 2-3 weeks before making a decision and see if there is any change in his attitutde. If he is honest in his change (aka apology), you will know in your heart. Make sure he doesn't give you a hard time since marriage is a two-way street and he needs to make sure just as much as you, if not more, that both of you are content with each other.

Yes, I am desi...

I saw a few other recent posts on cancellations. I think some is over petty stuff. I think your man needs to grow up a little sweetheart. But Mahitab just wait before you leap. But makesure he steps in first and not you. Make him come to you,do not make the first move.

Also, in my case I could not cancel as I felt bad for our new baby. I wanted her to know her daddy. For you too plz for the sake of everything on your plate take some time away from him. Do not talk to him until you both cool down. Otherwise you are in for a huge meltdown.

He is from another country not exactly accustomed to us American girls. He don't really know how to go about apologizing in our way. Most men do not do well with apologies as Narina said. I think just take an apology as it is and go on from there. Syed made me mad and did not send me anything for my anniversary and I was hurt, it crushed me to think he was so cruel.

I think we are all just upset. I know you may think I am not in same boat b/c we got approved in a short time from CSC but I am telling you. I had my trials and tribulations. I hope you are well.

<3

Fatimah

Fatimah

Edited by Fatima and Syed

"We met each other by accident, but our love is surely not an accident".

---8----------><3"Struck by Cupid's arrow 01/04/2006"<3<---------8---

>Thanks Cupid! This one's a keeper!<

:-)*Giggles* :-)

"Fatima & Syed"<3<--><3 "Two beautiful hearts beating as one <3<3"

*Thanks to the creator who brings true love to those who await it patiently and accept it with an open heart, open arms, and an open mind.....

Timeline

Okay Fatima, thats extremely evilishhhhhh !!! :devil: --- We guys can't even think about getting 'PUNGA' with you gals - :P

As for the original poster: Just chil chil, just chil - In all seriousness, give it a few days and you will feel better.

SHAH

Ok CJ are you Desi?

Edited by SA-&-BA

K-3 Visa

Service Center: Vermont Service Center

Consulate: Islamabad, Pakistan

Married - 03/21/2008

I-129F

05-27-2008 - I-129F sent to Vermont

12-02-2008 – I-129 Approved

12-06-2008 - NOA2 received

NVC Journey

I-129F

12-05-2008 - NVC Received

12-05-2008 - NVC Case No. Issued

12-08-2008 - 129F left for USEM (Confirmed via DHL Tracking)

USEM Journey

I-129F

12-13-2008 - Received by USEM

12-23-2008 - P3.5 Received via E-Mail

12-23-2008 - P3.5 Responded (Sent Back via AMEX)

12-29-2008 - P3.5 Received by USEM

01-07-2009 - P4 Received

01-26-2009 - Interview Date

Nothing you are going to loose if wait couple months and if you still feel the same way you could then go a head with your plan.

I-130/I129f

6/14/2008 Sent to Chicago lockboxt

6/18/2008 received by USCIS

6//27/2008 NOA1

8/14/2009 upgarded the I-130 to immedi Reltive

8/25/2009 send I-129F

9/2/2009 NOA1 for I-129f received

9/10/2009 sent expedite request.

9/16/2009 first Touch since 6/27/2008

9/16 129f and I-130 Approved

9/22 Hard copies received

9/23/2009 NVC received my I29f/K3 still waiting for the I130

9/24 I29f sent to embassy

10/05 NVC case number assigned to my I-130

10/7 received DS3032 and AOS email

10/7 Sent DS-3032 by email and mail.

10/7 paid AOS

10/9/2009 AOS sent

10/9/2009 expedite request accepted, login failed, case sent to the Eabassy

11/22/2009 Interview

11/24/2009 Visa issued

11/29/2009 arrived to the US.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Apologies are hard for both men and women, regardless of the part of the world you're from. It's human nature, to feel the other person has to be sorry and have to come first.

Mahitab, Your husband has to apologize and he will. But do recognize that he probably thinks you need to be sorry for something too, whether it's rational or not.

As Fatima said, best thing is to take some time and let it blow off. Doesn't have to be not talking but both of you just need to find the strength to talk about something else, anything else, and when you're both calm talk about it then. Trust me you do not have to wait for him to bring it up it will just come up, in some magical way. And at that time, tell him how you hurt you felt about it, and he will be sure to tell you what he was upset about, and you'll settle it in your own way.

CR-1

I-130 NOA 1- 3/20/08

I-I30 touched- 3/26/08

I-130 APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

Generate DS-3032- NA

Generate AOS Bill- 12/18/08

E-mail DS-3032- NA

Mail Hard Copy DS-3032- NA

NVC Accept DS-3032- NA

AOS Bill Marked 'Paid'- 12/31/08

Generate IV Bill- 12/18/08

IV Bill Marked "Paid"- 12/31/08

Send AOS Package- 12/31/08

Send IV Pacakge- 12/31/08

NVC Receive AOS Package- 1/2/09

NVC Receive IV Package- 1/2/09

NVC Case Complete- 1/22/09

Wife Completes Medical- 2/7/09

NVC Schedules CR-1 Case- 2/10/09

Wife Submits documents for K-3 Interview- 2/12/09

NVC Sends Case to Mumbai Consulate- 2/18/09

Case arrives in Mumbai- 2/23/09

Consulate confirms willingness to issue CR-1 on K-3 interview date- 2/23/09

Original K-3 interview, but APPROVED for CR-1 as file arrived in time!!- 2/26/09

Original CR-1 Interview, assumed to be cancelled as not necessary- 3/5/09

POE- New York- 3/7/09

K-3

I-129F NOA 1- 4/11/08

I-129F touched- 5/14/08

I-129F APPROVED NOA2- 12/11/08

I-129F Assigned NVC Case Number- 12/15/08

NVC Send Case to Mumbai Consulate- 12/17/08

Consulate Receives Case- 12/20/08

Consulate Send Packet 3- 12/22/08

Wife Send Packet 3 to Consulate- 12/25/08

Consulate Receive Packet 3- 1/2/09

Consulate Schedules Interview, sends Packet 4- 1/2/09

Wife Receives Packet 4, K-3 Leg Complete- 1/13/09

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
Hi! After something went wrong with trying to get assistance to get a medical expedite and it was denied, my husband and I got into a heated argument today on messenger. I am not here to air out my dirty laundry about the details but we were both upset and I guess one thing lead to another and now I do not think I got room in my heart to forgive him for what he has said to me. Therefore, I am considering cancelling my applications. Does anyone know how to go about cancelling visa applications? It is an I-130 and an I-129 for K3.

Dear Dream Love,

My rule of thumb is wait until you calm down. Right now you are upset, and in couple of days you may not feel the same way. Even if you get approved, you have the choice of not pursuing it from there. Please wait! Time will give you direction, and if you still feel like canceling, do it then. It will give you the satisfaction that you took your time for a rational decision.

Best of luck,

Sunshine

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline
Hi! After something went wrong with trying to get assistance to get a medical expedite and it was denied, my husband and I got into a heated argument today on messenger. I am not here to air out my dirty laundry about the details but we were both upset and I guess one thing lead to another and now I do not think I got room in my heart to forgive him for what he has said to me. Therefore, I am considering cancelling my applications. Does anyone know how to go about cancelling visa applications? It is an I-130 and an I-129 for K3.

think it over, I know its hard and as you know Islam prohibits this in all means, give it a cooling period, and hopefully it will work out, inshallah. Sabar se kam karo

VOF

VOF

Filed: Timeline

think it over, I know its hard and as you know Islam prohibits this in all means, give it a cooling period, and hopefully it will work out, inshallah. Sabar se kam karo

VOF

Ok, thank you all for the advice.

Sorry you are going thur this, as far as going there right now, That is not a good idea. Your safety must come first. My fiance told me he would not allow me to go back the situation is too dangerous.

OurTimeline

11/18/2007--------I-129F Petition mailed to CSC

11/29/2007--------NOA1

04/02/2008 --------NOA2 Approved (On my B-Day)

05/08/2008---------Forwarded to ISL

05/12/2008---------Consulate Received

05/22/2008---------Packet 3.5 Received by my Fiance

06/06/2008---------Packet 3.5 Returned to Embassy

06/19/2008---------Recieved Packet 4

06/25/2008---------Medical

07/08/2008---------Interview

03/06/2009---------Visa in Hand

03/23/2009---------POE Chicago

03/24/2009---------Marriage

08/05/2009---------GC in Mail

09/13/2009---------First Job in US

Naturalization

01/28/15------------mailed packet to USIS

02/06/15-------------NOA

02/27/15-------------Biometrics Appt.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

Mahitab, did ever, anyone, in yr entire life tell u marriages r easy? long distance marriages r even worse. we all know it. ppl willing to break up isnt surprising to anyone. last time ive got mad i didnt even care to cancell any petition, i was so mad my first interest was to cancel the marriage itself. cut off internet, phone line (realy cut, not stop answering)spent my bday in anger, inspecting myself if there is any emotional change, i miss him more or i am mad more, and all the 5 phases of pain process. i was thinking of him and see red. id see comp and feel like throwing off the window. my husband at first thought is the usual twice a month forever breakup, then he realized is serious, came here to regain territory (aka wife aka me). thing isnt that this convinced me that he loves me. convinced me that all the phone, internet or whatever other comunnication fight or argument is dust in the wind. it just doesnt compare to a face to face discussion. ended up disscusing in bedroom (because even if none of u mentions it, lets face it. we all lack "bedroom" and that gets yr nerves) and i honestly forgot why i was so mad about. we all get frustrated and whos there to take it? the other person involved, aka spouse. even if is not guilty.

so i agree with all the other opinions. give it time. at least to see if u miss him. decisions made in anger r never real, they r impulses. but shouldnt cancel the petition even if u r mad for 2 reasons. if u love him, and u know u r not visiting him because is dangerous, u want him out of there too, no? regardless to the fact u want to spend rest of yr life with him or not. and if u r so hurt that u stopped loving him, then why just cancel the petition? if u get it approved, and he gets there, u have a life time to revenge. (the last one was a joke, ofc)

met Lee: sept 2005

married here: 23 feb 2008

I 130 sent :16 march 2008

I 130 NOA1: 20 march 2008

I 129F sent: 11 april 2008

I 129F NOA1: 11 april 2008

I 130 and I 129F NOA2: 12 dec 2008

NVC process:

NVC received and assigned case number for both: 18 dec 2008

(break in the process- Lee comes to spend holidays here 22 dec-5th jan 2009)

DS 3032 generated :? ?

DS 3032 sent : 26 dec 2008 (friend sends it, based on how fast Ds-3032 was generated for Sracastillo and others who had same NOA2 date as me-risky, but worked)

received AOS package and IIN number in mail : 29 dec 2008 (same friend picks up mail and sends us the IIN)

pay the AOS bill online: 29 dec 2008

AOS shows as PAID: 30 dec 2008

my husband goes back and bags with our papers get lost : 5th jan 2009

package IV fee bill generated and paid online: 7th jan 2009

recieved bags and papers: 9th jan 2009

sent AOS package: 9th jan 2009

package IV bill shows PAID and sending package IV : 12 jan 2009

case complete: jan 20th

interview march 30th 2009

I129F

NVC mails I129F package to bucharest embasy

up to this day, no package received at embasy here -one more reason to prove in my case I129F was just useless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Dream Love - Don’t make any rash decisions…let it rest, once you have had time to think things over you will be glad you waited.

Long distance marriage is tough and you need a lot of patience & strength to endure the ups and downs of a relationship. In the long run this period of separation will have strengthened your marriage. Talk it through and everything else will fall into place.

*k3 Visa*

08-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

05-18-2009: K3 visa approved (Mumbai Consulate)

05-22-2009: POE LAX

*IR Visa*

07-10-2008: NOA1

03-05-2009: NOA2

08-13-2009: IR1 visa approved (Montreal, Canada)

08-15-2009: POE LAX

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.