nunyab

Washington state MENA meet up or others willing to travel

192 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Morocco
Timeline
I5 is closed!!!????? Janet I was supposed to come down??? GrrrrrrRRRrrr

Parts of it are closed from what I heard. When are we going for the celebratory road trip? Jamie is intersted and Henna, you can come tooooo.

I am trying to stay on high ground. It is absolutely horrible here right now. I drove home on the fwy and had to go around 40 because there were so many puddles on the hwy and people were sliding around/hydroplaning. :blink: Glad to be safe in my house. The windows sound like they will blow in any second.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-13-07 POE JFK w/temp EAD

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

08-13-07 Card received in mail

04-14-09 Trip to Maui for Anniversary

06-04-09 Filed to lift conditions

08-13-09 Perm Card received

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline
I5 is closed!!!????? Janet I was supposed to come down??? GrrrrrrRRRrrr

Parts of it are closed from what I heard. When are we going for the celebratory road trip? Jamie is intersted and Henna, you can come tooooo.

I am trying to stay on high ground. It is absolutely horrible here right now. I drove home on the fwy and had to go around 40 because there were so many puddles on the hwy and people were sliding around/hydroplaning. :blink: Glad to be safe in my house. The windows sound like they will blow in any second.

I am in but if it's closed??? :wacko: I was just told in Chehalis is closed and the detours around it are too???

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Ok it's getting closer to when I can buy my tickets. Looks like I'm flying Delta all the way. Right now I'm looking at flying to Seattle for the night of May 20th. Then fly out the 21st to NYC and stay the night there and fly out May 22nd direct from NYC to Cairo.

The return flight is the same only in August.

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Filed: Country: India
Timeline

Celebratory road trip?? yeah... would like that too..

When.. where? were all thinking of coming south? if so.. just let me know.. .. ..

Raj.. was this the trip you were making this weekend? Is it you and the girls or you coming down to visit family? If everyone was coming... just say the word .. I just need to get house clean.. lol..

Doesnt look real promising on the road.. but then there are a few days left for the road to return.. keep eyes on the news..

Looks like Chehalis is where the trouble is..

Here in PDX.. Fred Meyers 7-11 Safeway and last I saw.. Jack n Box are being affected.. all have posted notices that their deliveries are affected due to the flood in WA... since even the Trucks cannot get in.. JacknBox.. said they are running out of some of their inventory so you might not get something you are wanting.. lol..

Transportation

ODOT - Interstate 5 is closed at milepost 68 (Chehalis) in Washington State; there is no detour because all east/west routes from/to NW Washington are also closed. Motorists are advised not to attempt travel between Portland and Chehalis or points further north until checking conditions ThursdayKGW NEWS

Western Wash. cut-off by I-5, Cascade closures

10:28 AM PST on Thursday, January 8, 2009

By kgw.com Staff

Washington Transportation Secretary Paula Hammond on Thursday said Interstate 5 at Chehalis could be closed for four days, and that water was expected to be 10 feet deep over the highway.

A truck traveling north from Portland to Seattle would need to take a 440-mile detour, she said.

The interstate was closed Wednesday night for a 20-mile stretch due to flooding and Hammond said there was "no good way around the closures."

The closure spans 20 miles from exit 88 near the Lewis-Thurston county border south to exit 68, the US 12 interchange connecting with Morton and White Pass.

WADOT said alternate routes were limited and state Hwys 167 and 512 were the most likely options for drivers.

All three major east-west mountain pass highways through the Cascades were closed because of avalanche and mudslides dangers

Hammond called the situation "the worst of the worst" with I-5 and all major highway passes closed simultaneously.

About 10,000 semi-trucks a day travel I-5 and the financial impact of the closure on freight movement is about $4 million a day. That's made worse by the Cascade pass closures: about 7,000 freights a day move over the passes.

Crews said they would not be able to reopen Interstate 90 through Snoqualmie Pass on Thursday as they had hoped.

Stevens Pass and White Pass also remained closed by avalanches, slides and floodwater, cutting off east-west travel across Washington.

High water and slides have closed 62 highways statewide.

I-5 was closed for four days at Centralia during the flooding of December 2007.

The constant, heavy rain had stopped in western Washington Thursday but it would be days before floodwaters receded, roads reopened and evacuees returned home.

The National Weather Service forecast major flooding on 18 rivers in Western Washington as several counties declared emergencies.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Love isn't love unless it is expressed;

caring isn't caring unless the other person knows;

sharing isn't sharing unless the other person is included

Timeline

If she was coming to see you this weekend 1) she didn't tell ME :crying: and 2) ain't happening with what I have seen of the roads. There is now way south from Seattle. Even the 440 mile detour over the pass and down through central WA is not an option because the pass is closed!! :blink:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline
If she was coming to see you this weekend 1) she didn't tell ME :crying: and 2) ain't happening with what I have seen of the roads. There is now way south from Seattle. Even the 440 mile detour over the pass and down through central WA is not an option because the pass is closed!! :blink:

Maggie... wasnt thinking it was this weekend... .. .. Raj was coming to see her family.. i was just going to connect to get a package to her..

BUT...

The offer is there. if you and gang are in need of a road trip.. ..

looks like Chehalis is going to be the trouble till about Saturday from what I just heard of on the news..

J

Timeline

Maggie... wasnt thinking it was this weekend... .. .. Raj was coming to see her family.. i was just going to connect to get a package to her..

BUT...

The offer is there. if you and gang are in need of a road trip.. ..

looks like Chehalis is going to be the trouble till about Saturday from what I just heard of on the news..

J

I was kidding her. I know that when it is time for THE road trip she will want me along. Wonder what it's like to be in closed chambers i.e. a moving vehicle with that woman? :unsure: Hopefully Henna and Jamie will be able to make it too. Henna tatoos, needles, massage and mint tea...sounds like a party! :dance:

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hey everyone :D I haven't been on VJ for a bit so I totally missed this. That definitely sounds like a great party Maggie!!! :dance:

We are/were flooding REALLY bad up here.

This is my poor little town:

846-09_Flooding_Aerials_0222.embedded.prod_affiliate.39.JPG

742-09_Flooding_Aerials_0254.standalone.prod_affiliate.39.JPG

536-09_Flooding_Aerials_0156.standalone.prod_affiliate.39.JPG

Our apartment has done fine cause we aren't so close to the river and we are more elevated but we know many people and businesses that have flooded. It's been really rough.

Well enough about that. A road trip to Janet's sounds like a blast!!! You all know I am up for it :D There is one slight thing that might complicate things...not sure if you all know this or not but...

I am pregnant :luv::yes::luv:

I have been really sick and having a hard time so it a road trip might be a bit up in the air for me...at least til I am feeling a bit better. I haven’t seen a doc yet so I haven’t told my family…just want to make sure all is well before we spread the word around too much ya know. Just let me know when you all plan to go and I will play it by ear from there.

Hope all you wonderful ladies are doing great and staying safe and sound :D

Timeline

I-5 at Chehalis open

Last Update: 11:28 am

Print Story | Email Story

CHEHALIS, Wash. (AP) – The Washington State Transportation Department plans began the process of reopening Interstate 5 at Chehalis Friday about 11:30 a.m. Waiting trucks are the first allowed throug, general traffic to follow.

The freeway has been closed since Wednesday evening along a 20-mile stretch from Chehalis to south of Olympia.

The National Weather Service says the Chehalis River crested Thursday night at Chehalis, seven feet above flood stage. It should fall below flood stage early Saturday morning.

The department says I-5 through Chehalis is used by about 10,000 trucks a day, and closing the freeway costs shippers about $4 million a day

Lets hope it clears soon.. from what I hear.. they are only letting the Big Boys tru... ..

Jamie.. glad you are doing ok.... .. and apt is on high ground... ... if you can find some Ginger tea.. look in the natural food section at freddies.. . or get a piece of ginger... make a small slice..sliver.. and steep it in water... use somehoney to sweeten it.... Ginger is a natural antinausea remedy..

buy a nice box of saltine cracker.. keep it next to your bed.. and before youeven move to get out of bed.. eat a few.. sometimes that helps..

hugs..

Looking forward to April.. seattle trip.. but.. as I said... if ya'all want to do a connect before that.. give a hollar.. ..

Timeline

:unsure: Now I have a dilemma. It's my very good friends 30th Birthday and she is graduating college with her first ever associated this May 18th in Boise. I have to be there but that's additional cost to me. So now... I may have to fly out of Boise instead of Seattle...ugh.

thinking...thinking...thinking...

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline

Janet, just waiting for Rajaa to give the word. I am ready to roll, now that rolling down I-5 is again allowed. :whistle:

:unsure: Now I have a dilemma. It's my very good friends 30th Birthday and she is graduating college with her first ever associated this May 18th in Boise. I have to be there but that's additional cost to me. So now... I may have to fly out of Boise instead of Seattle...ugh.

Are we ever going to get to meet you Olivia? If you don't have any major projects the weekend of the big meet up, might you be able to do an overnight?

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Timeline
Janet, just waiting for Rajaa to give the word. I am ready to roll, now that rolling down I-5 is again allowed. :whistle:

Are we ever going to get to meet you Olivia? If you don't have any major projects the weekend of the big meet up, might you be able to do an overnight?

If I just had a dang car I'd of met all of you by now and come to Seattle several weekends in a row. It's only five hours from Moscow I hear. :wacko: I know life is crazy! After school starts next week I'll look at my project schedules and see where the 25th lands with things. That's after the Borah Symposium so that's good and just before dead week/finals I think. A lot of teachers like to give exams that week and I don't know why? Some of them try to skip finals all together. This semester I have a strange bunch of profs so I don't know what they're going to plan for us. Don't worry though we'll meet up! Even if it's when Waleed is here?

Edited by Olivia*

paDvm8.png0sD7m8.png

mRhYm8.png8tham8.png

Timeline
I definately wanna hit up Seattle but I'm sure it will not be anytime soon...but when I do maybe it will be the 4th annual one? :lol:

You can hook up with Amal, Gabi, the other Houston girl who hasn't posted in so long I forgot her name :blush: and maybe get a group discount on airfare. Seattle meet ups are NOT to be missed.

Maggie

08-07-06 I129 NOA1

02-05-07 Visa in Hand

02-23-07 Civil Marriage

06-17-07 Wedding

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline
I definately wanna hit up Seattle but I'm sure it will not be anytime soon...but when I do maybe it will be the 4th annual one? :lol:

You can hook up with Amal, Gabi, the other Houston girl who hasn't posted in so long I forgot her name :blush: and maybe get a group discount on airfare. Seattle meet ups are NOT to be missed.

He he he...it's me, Pandora. Spent the last few days in Canada seeing my hubby. :dance: But now back in Houston. :(

Pandora and Hesam

K-3 Visa

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage : 2008-08-29 in Canada

I-130 Sent : 2008-10-14

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-20

I-130F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

I-129F Sent : 2008-11-25

I-129F NOA1 : 2008-11-28

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-05-04

NVC Received : 2009-05-12

Packet 3 Received : 2009-05-19

Packet 3 Sent : 2009-06-10

Interview: 2009-09-10 APPROVED

See my interview experience here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=217544&hl=

Visa Received : 2009-09-16

US Entry : 2009-09-27

EAD received: 2009-12-21

AOS interview: 2010-02-05 (medical exam missing from documents)

Recieved RFE for missing medical exam that they lost. Submitted new exam March 10, 2010.

Notified that he is in background checks after submitting three service requests: July, 2010

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.