sweet_peach

No Tues thread yet???

85 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
New pictures of the twins are always a welcome change ... can't wait. Here is my personal confession - I've never been into babies and never understood what the fuss was about but our little MENA corner has definitely changed my outlook on the subject of babies - it's just so amazing to see them change and hear all of your stories so ladies please keep them coming for those like me who are childless and most likely will remain that way...so I will live through your experiences and celebrate your babies...

You're too sweet! And I was the same Dorothy...I swear when I told people I was pregnant...my family was in shock..you want children? :lol: I was always into my job (I love what I do and my company I work for) and I have been all about my career and traveling. So here I am ... a changed woman! :D I hope the babies were born w/ a suitcase in their hands like me...cause I will NEVER give up traveling...road trips and overseas! :dance:

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

My husband was helping out his friend from Algieria yesterday and he has a newborn (3 weeks old) girl and a 2 yr old boy. He was soooooo astonished at the loud noise coming out of such a teensy tiny baby! lol

Tasha - I never saw elf but I like the song because I think of the olden days when I was little and had no worries, no bills, no health issues, no nothin to think of but playing, eating and sleeping.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Country: Morocco
Timeline
You're too sweet! And I was the same Dorothy...I swear when I told people I was pregnant...my family was in shock..you want children? :lol: I was always into my job (I love what I do and my company I work for) and I have been all about my career and traveling. So here I am ... a changed woman! :D I hope the babies were born w/ a suitcase in their hands like me...cause I will NEVER give up traveling...road trips and overseas! :dance:

HAHA my sentiments exactly! :thumbs::star::dance:

"It's far better to be alone than wish you were." - Ann Landers

world-map.jpg

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

What's about all this library talk??? Delinquent patrons, overdue fines, library cards in a JUNK drawer!??! :bonk:

Actually my books are overdue all the time. But I know how to make the fines go away :devil::whistle::innocent:

I'm getting excited! Especially since I'm off the next 2 days, and after work today, I have a girls night out. We're going downtown to have dinner and then see to an "educational" film at the Gene Siskel Film Center. :devil:

Edited by star_dragon

Wish-upon-a-star-1.jpg

2009-07-11 AOS packet mailed (and supposedly delivered the same day)

2009-07-15 NOA1 for I-485, I-131, I-765 (USCIS rec'd date is 07-12)

2009-08-05 Case transferred to CSC

2009-08-12 no biometrics yet.......called on 30 day mark to report no biometrics, a service inquiry has been made on the case.....

2009-08-25 - received Biometrics appointment letter!

2009-08-27 I-131 (AP) approved

2009-09-15 Biometrics appointment

2009-09-15 EAD Card production ordered!

2009-09-23 EAD Card received

2009-10-06 GC approved/card production ordered

2009-10-13 GC received in the mail!

Timeline
What's about all this library talk??? Delinquent patrons, overdue fines, library cards in a JUNK drawer!??! :bonk:

Actually my books are overdue all the time. But I know how to make the fines go away :devil::whistle::innocent:

I'm getting excited! Especially since I'm off the next 2 days, and after work today, I have a girls night out. We're going downtown to have dinner and then see to and "educational" film at the Gene Siskel Film Center. :devil:

gawd I haven't had a girls night out in SO LONG!!! :crying::crying::crying: busy busy busy.

Ok well I USED to be good about my card but that was when the kidlets were younger and we used to visit the library a few times a week to hear the story telling but since they are now big and have their own cards I just don't seem to go anymore. I promise that I'll find it today and start using it. Might as well right? I mean that is where my property taxes go so may as well get the most of it! :thumbs:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Nawal - My "babies" have suitcases LOL. When M was 10 weeks old we (me and my BFF) roadtripped to Canada (10hrs). My mother said "It's a baby not an accessory". Sorry mom we're a travelin' family!

Y had his biometrics appt today at 9am We went to the Alexandria, VA Biometrics place for the appointment and there were 51 people ahead of us in line. 51!!!! They had 3 very elderly people running the fingerprinting operation, in an hour they had gone through 9 people. So Y asked if we could come back because he had to work at 11 and I had another appointment. The lady said yea of course, you have 3 months to come back. We double checked and she said Yes I’m positive don’t worry. Come back when you have more time. OMFG, we would have sat there for I estimate at least 4 hours. He has tomorrow off and is going to go at 8 when they open to try again. Ridiculous people.

May 11 '09 - Case Approved 10 yr card in the mail

June - 10 yr card recieved

Feb. 19, 2010 - N-400 Application sent to Phoenix Lockbox

April 3, 2010 - Biometrics

May 17,2010 - Citizenship Test - Minneapolis, MN

July 16, 2010- Retest (writing portion)

October 13, 2010 - Oath Ceremony

Journey Complete!

s-age.png

s-age.png

Filed: Timeline
Nawal - My "babies" have suitcases LOL. When M was 10 weeks old we (me and my BFF) roadtripped to Canada (10hrs). My mother said "It's a baby not an accessory". Sorry mom we're a travelin' family!

Y had his biometrics appt today at 9am We went to the Alexandria, VA Biometrics place for the appointment and there were 51 people ahead of us in line. 51!!!! They had 3 very elderly people running the fingerprinting operation, in an hour they had gone through 9 people. So Y asked if we could come back because he had to work at 11 and I had another appointment. The lady said yea of course, you have 3 months to come back. We double checked and she said Yes I’m positive don’t worry. Come back when you have more time. OMFG, we would have sat there for I estimate at least 4 hours. He has tomorrow off and is going to go at 8 when they open to try again. Ridiculous people.

That's us too! So funny but my father makes the same comments yet he was the same way w/ me when I was younger...go figure!! :whistle:

I can't believe 51 people!! Thats insane! He better pack breakfast and lunch for tomorrow (possibly dinner!!) Best of luck!! (F)

Timeline
barry white is on

i miss my husband

:blush:

Why do I have "Let's Get It On..." in my head... :lol:

it was "i'm gonna love you...."

:blush:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

That's just a crazy situation. Jamal had his biometrics done today as well and from what he told me he was done in 10 minutes. I guess, NY being a home to so many immigrants have opened up a lot of satellite USCIS offices in outer boroughs to handle such issues like biometrics - I guess he is just lucky. Hopefully Y will be all done with everything tomorrow - good luck!

Citizenship (N-400)

09/15/2009 - Application mailed to Texas Lockbox

09/17/2009 - Delivered to the Lockbox

09/21/2009 - Check cashed

09/24/2009 - NOA dated 9/18/09

09/26/2009 - RFE mailed out dated 9/25 (biometrics notice)

10/14/2009 - Biometrics completed

01/01/2010 - finally an update - awaiting interview letter

02/08/2010 - interview (Garden City, NY) -- PASSED

03/03/2010 - Oath Ceremony in Brooklyn

03/13/2010 - U.S. Passport in hand

DONE!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Jordan
Timeline

Home from a days worth of classes for MIT program and how exhausting!!

Jax, I work saturday not sure about sunday, Ill find out tomorrow and let u know...

Annie, soooo glad to hear your getting the comp back! I need some pics of the twins eating their messy fruits and veggies!!!

Zaid is *ALMOST* crawling...he is on all 4's and goes forward, then takes a nose dive...its only a matter of days im sure...I really need to baby proof my house

img_0169.jpgimg_0192.jpg

qo5Tm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.