nathmc31

2 convictions 6 years ago. help!!!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Irishgirl,

I think by "transcripts" you mean a memorandum of conviction??

Your partner should have applied to the court for a memorandum of conviction before the interview and took them with him....

They should be relatively easy to get, I think they cost about 10 pounds....

good luck

Paul

I didn't know that or I would have told him to do it :huh: more delays :(

actually I spoke with a woman from his local garda station & she said he may be able to get them the same day???? I don't believe that but ya never know.

thanks guys!!!!

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Timeline

Irishgirl,

Your partner should have applied to the court for a memorandum of conviction before the interview and took them with him....

good luck

Paul

actually I spoke with a woman from his local garda station & she said he may be able to get them the same day???? I don't believe that but ya never know.

thanks guys!!!!

damn I wish he had ordered this report ages ago :crying: I should have done more research and I would have known he needed it!!!

he is going to have a hard time getting off work to go & request the forms-but he will do what he has to do(unless he wants me to kill him :D )

fingers crossed again-maybe it will only be a few more weeks :whistle:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Irishgirl,

good luck

Paul

thanks guys!!!!

damn I wish he had ordered this report ages ago :crying: I should have done more research and I would have known he needed it!!!

he is going to have a hard time getting off work to go & request the forms-but he will do what he has to do(unless he wants me to kill him :D )

Tom ordered his court report by mail after he found out what was on the police report (you have to have the case number and other information from that). I think he phoned the court first to find out what they needed. The court was in Wales and Tom lives in London so going there was not an option. I know he received it within two weeks.

mary

Tom (London)   Mary (Michigan)

Sept. 2003 - meet online, become friends

May 2004 - we have grown close

Nov. 2004 - Tom books a flight to Michigan for Jan. 2005

Jan. 17, 2005 - first meeting at the Detroit Airport, 16 days together!

Feb. 2. 2005 - Tom returns to London. We start investigating our options

April 7, 2005 - Tom arrives for another visit.

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

April 26, 2005 - K1 sent to Nebrasksa. Tom flies back to London :(

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

June 14, 2005 - Tom returns to the USA:)

July 5, 2005 - Tom goes back to London :(

July 25, 2005 - NOA2 email- waited 3 months

Aug. 22, 2005 - Tom receives Packet 3

Sept. 6, 2005 - Packet 3 sent to Embassy

Oct. 20, 2005 - medical in London -booked 7 weeks earlier!

Nov. 9, 2005 - email embassy - have we have been forgotten?

Nov. 15, 2005 - Mary flies to London (Brixton) for 12 weeks

Nov. 18, 2005 - embassy replies to email, date assigned

Nov. 22, 2005 - Packet 4 received

Nov. 25, 2005 - interview in London - DENIED :(

Nov. 30, 2005 - mailed waiver

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 3, 2006 - WAIVER DENIED :(

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

May 10th - Mary returns to USA - torn apart again

June 27, 2006 - Mary receives UK fiance visa

July 31,2006 - Mary sells house in USA

Sept. 1, 2006 - Mary moves to UK

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Filed: Timeline
nathmc31, I'm not sure if you need TWO hardshipe letters mate!! London DOES require two, but as far as I know it's the only embassy that does. You may need to speak to someone who's gone through Sydney. As far as examples, like previous posters have said, go to immigrate2us.net and look through the stickies, there's loads on there from embassies all over the world, it will help.

:thumbs:

Paul

Paul and anyone else --- London is not the only Consulate that requires two letters --- I know that the Vancouver and the Montreal Consulate also require two hardship letters as well as, many others consulates as evidenced in posts I have read on immigrate2us.com --- So, my advice is contact which ever consualte you will need to process through and they should have the specific information you need posted on thier website. http://sydney.usconsulate.gov/consular/iv.html this should be a good start for Australia -- :yes:

Edited by ktmmansgal

02/23/05 - Met as Friends

09/29/05 - Married in Victoria BC Canada

11/04/05 - File I-130

11/18/05 - NOA1 I -130

12/08/05 - File 1-129F

12/13/05 - NOA1 I-129F

01/09/06 - APPROVAL I-129F

03/23/06 - I-130 APPROVAL

03/23/06 - K3 interview in Vancouver, Canada

03/23/06 - K3 denied due to CMIT 23 years prior

03/23/06 - i-601 Waiver Submitted

04/07/06 - NOA1 for I-601 Waiver received

10/18/06 - I-601 Approved out of Vermont

11/27/06 - 10:00 appointment at Vancouver Consulate for Visa Stamp

11/27/06 - Arrive home 8.5 hours after crossing the border in Blaine Washington, due to horrible show storm --- we were happy to be home

01/04/07 - AOS sent off

01/10/07 - NOA - 1-485

01/25/07 - RFE for I-824 - used and outdated form

02/14/07 - Get email stating Post Office has Address posted as Vacant from the USCIS

02/16/07 - Hubby gets WA State Drivers Licence

03/05/07 - AOS appointment April 19, 2007 Seattle

04/13/07 - Biometrics Taken for AOS

04/19/07 - AOS interview - Approved pending name check

04/23 - 05/28 - 5 additional appointments with the Seattle USCIS office - to clear up the EAD issue

05/15/07 - 90 Day EAD Arrives

06/10/07 - EAD/Green Card approval letter arrives

06/15/07 - EAD arrives

06/23/07 - 2 year conditional Green Card Arrives

Timeline

Irishgirl,

good luck

Paul

thanks guys!!!!

Tom ordered his court report by mail after he found out what was on the police report (you have to have the case number and other information from that). I think he phoned the court first to find out what they needed. The court was in Wales and Tom lives in London so going there was not an option. I know he received it within two weeks.

mary

thanks for the info :thumbs: ...............I think that the embassy kept his police record :o Gavin is going to try & go to the court this week.

2 weeks would be wonderful-fingers crossed for that

Timeline

Oh I do hope he kept a copy.. you really need to keep copies of everything. maybe if he can tell the court the date they will still be able to find it. If he goes to the court I would imagine they would find it and copy it at that time... I would hope so anyway. Tom just could not take a trip to Wales.

It's a shame he didnt realize that the court report is required by the embassy for any charge that appears on the police report. I thought it was on the checklist but maybe we only knew about it from the forums here. Last summer is a bit of a blur now.... and I hope that soon this one will be as well.

mary

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Feb. 6, 2006 - still waiting for decision. Mary extends stay from Feb. 7 to March 21

March 2006 - Mary extends UK stay again. We rent a house near London (Gravesend) and move.

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Timeline
Oh I do hope he kept a copy.. you really need to keep copies of everything. maybe if he can tell the court the date they will still be able to find it. If he goes to the court I would imagine they would find it and copy it at that time... I would hope so anyway. Tom just could not take a trip to Wales.

It's a shame he didnt realize that the court report is required by the embassy for any charge that appears on the police report. I thought it was on the checklist but maybe we only knew about it from the forums here. Last summer is a bit of a blur now.... and I hope that soon this one will be as well.

mary

he told me it wasn't on the paperwork but he must have missed it. I am so mad that I didn't ask anyone-God knows I have asked about everything else ;) i read about those reports but I figured he had his police cert so he didn't need anything else.

they DID keep his police cert at the embassy & he doesn't have a copy :o , he is going to call the court to see exactly what it is he will need-if he does need a conviction number(code)-he will just have to get another report from the garda station.

I swear it is always something :whistle:

thanks so much for your help

Edited by irishgirl73

Timeline

update-I called the summons office in Dublin(the place he needs to go to get these "transcripts") anyway I told the man that the convictions were in 2003-he pulled up Gavin's record-there is only one listing & it shows that he paid a fine. He also told me that there was another for drunk & disorderly but it was removed/dismissed.

Is this going to be what the embassy wants? should I maybe call the embassy to be sure? I hate to see him go back & not have exactly what they want.

thanks guys-sorry to be a pain about this-just want to get it right!

any help is greatly appreciated as always :thumbs:

Timeline
update-I called the summons office in Dublin(the place he needs to go to get these "transcripts") anyway I told the man that the convictions were in 2003-he pulled up Gavin's record-there is only one listing & it shows that he paid a fine. He also told me that there was another for drunk & disorderly but it was removed/dismissed.

Is this going to be what the embassy wants? should I maybe call the embassy to be sure? I hate to see him go back & not have exactly what they want.

thanks guys-sorry to be a pain about this-just want to get it right!

any help is greatly appreciated as always :thumbs:

well first, I assume this one charge was in fact on his police report? all I know that for each offence that appears on the police report they require the matching court record. in toms case this was the magistrate court in swansea. is this "summons office" a court or the place where he had to appear after the incident? the place where he paid the fine? if so then I would think that the embassy needs their official record. it should have the charge on it and if he pled guilty or innocent and how it was adjudicated.

i can't imagine him needed the one that was dismissed but then I am not sure...

i am really surprised that you were able to call and get information from them! if i had known they would talk to the usa citizen I might have taken care of some of those calls for tom at the time.

when i am living there I would like to find out if there is any way we can get more information that could possibly help us at least get a travel visa for him one day. as it now stands he can never enter the usa again.

mary

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Timeline

I know-I can't believe they gave me all Gav's info-just asked for his name & birthdate then he read me the whole report. I am going to call the embassy to ask exactly what they want-just like you said I am sure there will have to be a record for each conviction(he has 2 drunk & disorderly). I was just suprised that he had info for the one, but nothing else. He said there was only one incident in the computer under his name.

maybe he needs a different record from 2 court offices? God I drive myself crazy :wacko:

the embassy has been pretty helpful-I am going to call them Thursday

they should give him something-you are right even a day would be something, you should call & make some inquiries-I have been lucky with the people in Dublin-they are always very nice when I call. Your whole situation is just bull-sh*t..................are you guys out of options?

Timeline
I know-I can't believe they gave me all Gav's info-just asked for his name & birthdate then he read me the whole report. I am going to call the embassy to ask exactly what they want-just like you said I am sure there will have to be a record for each conviction(he has 2 drunk & disorderly). I was just suprised that he had info for the one, but nothing else. He said there was only one incident in the computer under his name.

maybe he needs a different record from 2 court offices? God I drive myself crazy :wacko:

they should give him something-you are right even a day would be something, you should call & make some inquiries-I have been lucky with the people in Dublin-they are always very nice when I call. Your whole situation is just bull-sh*t..................are you guys out of options?

well I don't think he would fly all the way here for a day! the horrible part is that he was off work with a broken toe all of may and june.. and it was may 10th that i had to leave the Uk.. if only he could have come here to help me during that time .. even though he wasn't at his best physically. I suppose if you are off work with sick leave though you arent meant to leave the country.. lol.

when we received the denial we also received intructions for how to appeal. It would have had to be done very quickly and we were numb and unable to think or function for a few days.. then we just got down to business arranging things so I could move there.... finding a place big enough for us. We had been together in that two room flat for over four months!!! they told us at the embassy to not move while we waited for the waiver. we actually had a bigger place lined up when we went to the interview.. we would have moved the next week. we really didnt expect them to let us file the waiver application, and as it turns out they should not have.

anyway, what would have been the point in filing the appeal. we were denied on the grounds that the charge was unwaiverable. we would have had to come up with new evidence or information and we couldn't. even if we had, I was told appeals take a year or two or even more. we couldnt drag this out any longer just to be denied again. I am alot older than most of you.. I don't want anymore of our time together to be stolen from us. We won't have 50 years together.

I just have to somehow find more energy to clear out this house... i have lived in it for 30 years! Its huge! It has been very slow going. Some days I feel like the task is impossible. I had a buyer for my house but at the moment thats not looking good.. there are problems with their financing. the morgage company is refusing to finance it unless I first do $12,000 worth of repairs!!! Well I don't have that kind of money and how long would THAT take even if i did? I need something positive to happen soon.

you are right... our situation is just bull-sh*t

back to your situation... does he need two reports? are there two things on his police report?

mary

Edited by mary&tom

April 8, 2005 - engaged.

May 6, 2005 - NOA1

Oct. 9, 2006 - wedding

Filed: Other Timeline

Colleen, I see way up earlier in this thread that Paul C thought you might possibly need to file a waiver.

You've got the attention of a lot of people in this thread who are VERY knowledgeable about waivers.

How many charges are on his report? What types of charges? Any fines? Any clear simple info you can put in this thread might keep you from having any more delays.....and I know you don't want any more of those.

Timeline

well I don't think he would fly all the way here for a day! the horrible part is that he was off work with a broken toe all of may and june.. and it was may 10th that i had to leave the Uk.. if only he could have come here to help me during that time .. even though he wasn't at his best physically. I suppose if you are off work with sick leave though you arent meant to leave the country.. lol.

when we received the denial we also received intructions for how to appeal. It would have had to be done very quickly and we were numb and unable to think or function for a few days.. then we just got down to business arranging things so I could move there.... finding a place big enough for us. We had been together in that two room flat for over four months!!! they told us at the embassy to not move while we waited for the waiver. we actually had a bigger place lined up when we went to the interview.. we would have moved the next week. we really didnt expect them to let us file the waiver application, and as it turns out they should not have.

anyway, what would have been the point in filing the appeal. we were denied on the grounds that the charge was unwaiverable. we would have had to come up with new evidence or information and we couldn't. even if we had, I was told appeals take a year or two or even more. we couldnt drag this out any longer just to be denied again. I am alot older than most of you.. I don't want anymore of our time together to be stolen from us. We won't have 50 years together.

I just have to somehow find more energy to clear out this house... i have lived in it for 30 years! Its huge! It has been very slow going. Some days I feel like the task is impossible. I had a buyer for my house but at the moment thats not looking good.. there are problems with their financing. the morgage company is refusing to finance it unless I first do $12,000 worth of repairs!!! Well I don't have that kind of money and how long would THAT take even if i did? I need something positive to happen soon.

you are right... our situation is just bull-sh*t

back to your situation... does he need two reports? are there two things on his police report?

mary

I sit here & bi*ch about us waiting 8 months & you are going through all this................puts things in perspective. You mention a broken toe-I broke my collarbone a few weeks ago-what I wouldn't give to have him here with me now-it is 115 degrees here & I can't even pull my hair up :(

moving? God bless you.............I have moved several times but 30 years? you accumulate a lot in 30 years-don't ya? You are right-don't waste any time apart-so sorry that all of this happened to you guys :( everything will work out soon!

I just called someone else at the court building-he needs the case numbers or the court dates-she said that the one was most likely dismissed-and that will be what the report says. If he doesn't remember the dates(somehow I don't think he will), I am going to call the embassy & see if they will read the numbers off to me- I may get someone nice. If not-it's back to the garda station for another report. I swore I told him to make a copy of that report!!!

Colleen

Colleen, I see way up earlier in this thread that Paul C thought you might possibly need to file a waiver.

You've got the attention of a lot of people in this thread who are VERY knowledgeable about waivers.

How many charges are on his report? What types of charges? Any fines? Any clear simple info you can put in this thread might keep you from having any more delays.....and I know you don't want any more of those.

drunk & disorderly(2) he paid a fine for one( I think it was 150 euro)

I just called the court and apparently one of the charges was dismissed.

I looked all this up on the net & from what I have read-he shouldn't be denied b/c the convictions are not punishable by a jail sentence of 5 years(when there are multiple convictions). Paul did say he may need one but I really don't think he will. I have been wrong before-so I may be on this one as well :blink:

Irish girl,

Just a quick word of advice before I go off on my honeymoon!

"I looked all this up on the net & from what I have read-he shouldn't be denied b/c the convictions are not punishable by a jail sentence of 5 years(when there are multiple convictions)"

don't be fooled that just because his convictions didn't add up to more than 5 years in jail he won't need a waiver!! I thought the same with me, I didn't have to do one minute of "jail time", but that didn't matter to the guy behind the screen in London, he just went with the "more than one conviction = waiver"...

having said that it sounds like the person in the Embassy indicated he woulnd't need one.... as I said in a previous post.... it sounds like it depends on who interviews you??!!! :(

Timeline
Irish girl,

Just a quick word of advice before I go off on my honeymoon!

"I looked all this up on the net & from what I have read-he shouldn't be denied b/c the convictions are not punishable by a jail sentence of 5 years(when there are multiple convictions)"

don't be fooled that just because his convictions didn't add up to more than 5 years in jail he won't need a waiver!! I thought the same with me, I didn't have to do one minute of "jail time", but that didn't matter to the guy behind the screen in London, he just went with the "more than one conviction = waiver"...

having said that it sounds like the person in the Embassy indicated he woulnd't need one.... as I said in a previous post.... it sounds like it depends on who interviews you??!!! :(

you are 100% right! It all depends on who interviews him. I had started to prepare a waiver but was having a really hard time proving hardship. I will work on it.

have a great honeymoon Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.