MrsCat

Countdown to Christmas Thread

353 posts in this topic

We took Declan to Santa's Village yesterday. It was freezing cold, but we bundled him up and had a blast! We waited for an hour to get his picture taken with Santa and just as we got to the front of the line, he fell asleep! Luckily, he woke up as soon as we got inside Santa's House and took off his snowsuit. We rode the carousel and hubby and I ate freshly baked cookies (Declan enjoyed his bottle of formula!). And the best part was, we ended up getting there fairly late in the day, so we got a free pass to come back another time. Yay!!! I LOVE this place :)

Sounds like you had a wonderful time autumn! Declan looks so happy on Santa's knee! Such a cute baby!

carlahmsb4.gif

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Sooooooooooooooooo.......

My pepernotens came out more like cookies. They still taste REALLY good, but I really want to try again. I'm a bit of a perfectionist. It said to make them into little marble size balls, but the dough was so dry. I read another tip to add a little bit more milk so I did, but it was still pretty hard to shape them. Another recipe I found said to refrigerate the dough first for a bit, but I discovered that a little too late. I just wish I could find a little pepernoten baking tray lol! Since I have the spices, I might also try to make Spekulaas cookies...yum

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

a whole group of Harley's started off the parade.. I took video of it.. again sorry it is dark :P... I wish I would have got a shot of the last bike.. he had this huge Christmas tree attached to the back of his bike..

th_2008_1206_195022.jpg

th_2008_1206_195057.jpg

mvSuprise-hug.gif

We got out tree on Friday. A Douglas Fir. We set it up in the stand, but decorated the house, inside on Friday, the outside on Saturday, and the tree we finished up on Sunday. We put up the lighted village and train set under the tree as well this year. It's so cute. The train set, is Gene's that his parents bought him for his first Christmas.

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Awe..... love this thread (long time stalker, first time poster)!!

We got our tree up last night!! :dance: Couldn't post until I got SOMETHING CHristmasy put up!

AND.... we opened our crokinole board last night and played a game.. yep that's right ripped open one of those gifts we took back from Canada tee hee..

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
(long time stalker, first time poster)!!

Hahah..oh you! ;)

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Awe..... love this thread (long time stalker, first time poster)!!

We got our tree up last night!! :dance: Couldn't post until I got SOMETHING CHristmasy put up!

AND.... we opened our crokinole board last night and played a game.. yep that's right ripped open one of those gifts we took back from Canada tee hee..

Every time I see or hear about that game I say "ouch"!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I suppose I should put my tree up. I keep having visions of my glass ornaments hitting the tile floor :lol:

I'm really tempted to just buy one of these:

415-4744-0502-yy-yyy.jpg

I want one of those too!

:star: 15 Days Until Christmas :star:

vintage-christmas-ornaments.jpg

Filed: Timeline
I suppose I should put my tree up. I keep having visions of my glass ornaments hitting the tile floor :lol:

I'm really tempted to just buy one of these:

415-4744-0502-yy-yyy.jpg

I want one of those too!

:star: 15 Days Until Christmas :star:

You both should!!!! :dance: :dance: :dance:

No tree in our place. But I am sure mi madre will show off -_-

I want one too!

Really what I want is to live in Arizona again and have an actual palm tree to put the lights on. But I guess I can count my blessings because if I had been the one to move instead of my husband, we'd seriously be freezing our butts off. It is -18C in Edmonton today. And 55F--above zero--here. Granted, that isn't going to last (it is supposed to snow in a few hours!), but I'm about to go out and enjoy it for a few minutes.

I mailed the rest of our Christmas cards yesterday. I think I might go order some Christmas cookies because I'm really hungry right now. (Ant is eating for 2 but I think I'm eating for 12--myself plus an entire college football team---there are 11 big huge teenage boys on a college football team, right?).

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

And to my homey Sprailenes in the Dirty Jerz - a little Boney M :D

Edited by MrsCat

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.