Countdown to Christmas Thread

353 posts in this topic

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

We have our tree up, I have the Christmas centre table cloth on the coffee table, stockings up and the pine garland on the fireplace, with a snowman that lights up and a musical castle with people skating in a circle on it (its small, nothing big at all) And, we have a wooden nutcracker up and a jar that has xmas decorations on it with christmas coloured hershey kisses and kitkats in it. Also have 2 tall snowmen candle sticks in my decorative vases on either side of the fireplace. And Cards up on a wall. Err card singular, none others yet :(

Thats about all heeehee!

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
We have our tree up, I have the Christmas centre table cloth on the coffee table, stockings up and the pine garland on the fireplace, with a snowman that lights up and a musical castle with people skating in a circle on it (its small, nothing big at all) And, we have a wooden nutcracker up and a jar that has xmas decorations on it with christmas coloured hershey kisses and kitkats in it. Also have 2 tall snowmen candle sticks in my decorative vases on either side of the fireplace. And Cards up on a wall. Err card singular, none others yet :(

Thats about all heeehee!

Wow...that's pretty darn good!! lol

We've got a fake tree up with white lights and some cool back-and-white ornaments my mother-in-law found for us at IKEA, a bunch of Catholic kitch and a nativity scene on the bookshelf with multi-colored lights, and a more Goth-ish Christmas scene on my art dresser with a black tree, red lights, and lots of Halloween decor :devil:

I'd light my entire house with Christmas lights if I could! :)

I like putting up multiple trees instead of just one...that way you get to be more creative :) I went to a really cool restaruant once that had *tons* of trees everywhere, all decorated differently.

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Timeline

Yay! I got my card from my sister today, she is awesome with her cards. This is the pic she put on it:

n518455521_1753874_5908.jpg

Its l to r, Rachel, Charley and Emily :D

Im such a sucker for my nieces OMG! Heh, After I got it I called her and she told me to go check fb, she had posted all the pics that she tried before she got this one that DIDNT turn out how she wanted. Theyre all such squealers, I can imagine the havoc they caused!

Edited by xtinab

chris4.jpg

Timeline
xtina those girlies are soooooooo cute!

marilyn - the tree is lovely! :thumbs:

thanks, I freakin love my nieces more than life itself and its the one thing I miss most when Im not in TO. Especially at the age they're at now.

On a side note, heres my tree :D

Lit:

n502218058_1169451_3216.jpg

Unlit:

n502218058_1169455_4685.jpg

To add to the lush speculations, can you spot the case of Alexander Keith's in the background? My all time favourite beer! (ps, its empty :()

chris4.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
To add to the lush speculations, can you spot the case of Alexander Keith's in the background? My all time favourite beer! (ps, its empty :()

Why am I not surprised :whistle:

Love your tree Marilyn and yours is fab too xtinab! I am partial to white trees :)

What sweeties your nieces are :)

Timeline

We went out and got our tree today! Just a small 5 footer potted prelit one, we'll get a bigger one next year perhaps or when we decide to stay home from Christmas. Then as we placed the star up, snow started to fall! It was sooo cliche! :lol:

Now we're listening to the Boney M christmas album aka the BEST CHRISTMAS ALBUM EVARRR!!!!!!1111one

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

So does anyone plan on doing any special Christmas baking or crafts? If so care to share so we can maybe exchange ideas or try things ourselves?

This year I have decided to make Sugar cookie trees, I'll have to get the proper cookie cutters though, I need a set of large to small circle or flower or star cookie cutters so I can make a bunch of different sized cookies. I'll put green icing on all of them and then stack them from large to small to make, what I hope will look like, a Christmas tree. Then add sprinkles and tiny silver candy balls for the decorations and a jelly star on top.

AND I THOUGHT THAT I WAS BEING REALLY ORIGINAL WHEN I CAME UP WITH THIS IDEA BUT I GOOGLED IT AND FOUND A FEW PICTURES OF IT ALREADY! GRRR! :angry:

Oh well still a great idea. Here's one of the pictures I found:

Star-Cookie-Christmas-Tree.jpg

Exactly what I was thinking, perhaps I have seen somewhere before but only my sub conscience picked it up.

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
We went out and got our tree today! Just a small 5 footer potted prelit one, we'll get a bigger one next year perhaps or when we decide to stay home from Christmas. Then as we placed the star up, snow started to fall! It was sooo cliche! :lol:

Now we're listening to the Boney M christmas album aka the BEST CHRISTMAS ALBUM EVARRR!!!!!!1111one

OMG - I am soooooooooooooooo jealous. I LOVE Boney M. I was just lamenting that I went to the mall today and WallyWorld and cannot find Boney or Anne Murray anywhere. :crying:

Timeline

OMG - I am soooooooooooooooo jealous. I LOVE Boney M. I was just lamenting that I went to the mall today and WallyWorld and cannot find Boney or Anne Murray anywhere. :crying:

Yeaa see I had the album on cassette and was really wanting to listen to it again... soo I downloaded it. Yarr.

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.