MrsCat

Countdown to Christmas Thread

353 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

this weekend we are hopefully going to the Christmas parade in our town, the theme is "Music and movies of Christmas" .. it should be fun...

I wanted to go to the tree lighting but I missed it.. it was last week or something :(

mvSuprise-hug.gif

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
this weekend we are hopefully going to the Christmas parade in our town, the theme is "Music and movies of Christmas" .. it should be fun...

ooooooooohhhhhhhh that sounds good! I like parades. :D

If the weather is good, we are going to take Declan here this weekend, to get his picture with Santa.

http://www.santasvillage.com/public/christmastime/

Wow, what an amazing place! I would have loved that as a kid. But the PRICE??!! :blink: Ouch! Imagine if you had 3 or 4 kids?

We want to see Santa pics please!

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I WISH my son would sit on Santa's knee, but he never did want to. :( I would try to bribe him and everything and it was always a no go.

I told him he'd have to sit on Santa's knee this year to let Santa know he'll be in Canada, and his response: "I am pretty sure Santa will know where I am, if he's watching me all year, he'll know I'm in Canada, they have that kind of technology up there mom"

:lol: I have no response to that argument.

It doesn't really surprise me though, this coming from a kid who HATES Disney World.

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

I WISH my son would sit on Santa's knee, but he never did want to. :( I would try to bribe him and everything and it was always a no go.

I told him he'd have to sit on Santa's knee this year to let Santa know he'll be in Canada, and his response: "I am pretty sure Santa will know where I am, if he's watching me all year, he'll know I'm in Canada, they have that kind of technology up there mom"

:lol: I have no response to that argument.

It doesn't really surprise me though, this coming from a kid who HATES Disney World.

I've known a few kids that were like this. :lol: Now that I'm older, and my own kids are adults, I sometimes think....

How crazy is it that we encourage kids to sit on Santa's knee! He's a stranger, dressed in red, that laughs all the time! Kinda scary if you ask me!

I remember a few Santa's from my childhood. *shiver* Many had booze on their breath! :lol:

Here's a hilarious link.

http://www.popular-pics.com/pictures.aspx?photoid=453

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline

Yea pretty much sums up Ethan. He never cried but the two times I got him to sit on his lap, first time he was just a baby and no say but the picture screamed discomfort. The second time he was 5 and he got off of Santas lap and yelled: "Okay mom give me the ten dollars! I did it!" I was sooo embarrassed :lol:

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

:lol: It's because he's too smart.

I only remember sitting on Santas knee once at my dad's work christmas party. I wish I could find the picture, but I know I had stained lips from drinking orange crush :lol:

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Filed: Timeline
:star: 28 days until Christmas :star:

On Monday I will send the Christmas cards in the mail.

Are they in the mail? lol

I remember the year my brother's friend, Clayton, (who does not have a checks-and-balances filter between his brain and his mouth, which makes for some very hilarious situations. :lol: ) was hired on as Santa Claus at the local mall. As I was walking past the "North Pole" one day, I hear Clayton-as-Santa yell out to me from his throne "Come and sit on Santa's lap, little girl. Heh heh heh." :devil:

Clayton wasn't hired on again as Santa, but we did have him come over on Christmas day to give the kids their presents. OMG, we howled. Especially when my son asked him if he would like some milk and cookies and Clayton said "If Santa has anymore milk and cookies he's gonna hurl." We convinced my son that after all that hard work, what Santa really needed was a beer. And lots of it. :lol:

iagree.gif

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

My dad has distinctive white hair, white mustache and wears glasses. For as long as I've been alive, My dads played Santa almost EVERY single year at either his work christmas party, our community christmas party, and any other party he could fit into his schedule. His good friend once dressed up in green tights and an elf costume, and they got on a John Deere Trailer and drove around the Complex with presents for all the kids! (The parents bought and submitted it) He still has the costume and puts it on every year for my nieces and nephew. My mom would get into it and play Mrs Claus sometimes also. Thankfully, there being 5 of us kids, we were rarely forced to play the elves for the party. I'm gonna go look for pictures now! hhehe

Edited by xtinab

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline

I put them in the mail yesterday and mailed off my packages back home. :thumbs:

Marilyn, I 100x (L) the Muppet's Christmas Carol. Makes me feel all Christmasy inside.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I got to watch "The Grinch Who Stole Christmas" last night -- the REAL version. Me so happy. :yes:

*Cheryl -- Nova Scotia ....... Jerry -- Oklahoma*

Jan 17, 2014 N-400 submitted

Jan 27, 2014 NOA received and cheque cashed

Feb 13, 2014 Biometrics scheduled

Nov 7, 2014 NOA received and interview scheduled

MAY IS NATIONAL STROKE AWARENESS MONTH
Educate Yourself on the Warning Signs of Stroke -- talk to me, I am a survivor!

"Life is as the little shadow that runs across the grass and loses itself in the sunset" ---Crowfoot

The true measure of a society is how those who have treat those who don't.

Timeline

I put them in the mail yesterday and mailed off my packages back home. :thumbs:

Oh, you are so good. I feel terribly guilty all of a sudden. :lol:

lots of mailing time left on the mainland Krikit. things go by outrigger canoe here in Hawaii.

PS: You're siggy kitty is creepy. but I still (L)

Missed your posts MsK welcome home.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.