MrsCat

Countdown to Christmas Thread

353 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline
Our Christmas tree

we have a lot of burned out bulbs and we were both too lazy to change them :lol:

3119316225_f8f0816e16_m.jpg

Awww. That's so pretty, Cat.

:star: It has been fun reading through this thread guys! There are so many festive pics. Well, two days ago, I found out there is a good chance my hubby will be driving out to see the kids and I for Christmas. If he is coming, he is supposed to leave tomorrow. He will drive 2000 miles to come here. I really hope he makes it.

Has he left yet? [insert excited smiley here]

oh and David said.. so now we have seen two halves of a parade doesn't that count as a whole parade ?? :P ..lol

:lol:

I just turned on Christmas In Wonderland and its making me miss all those things I hated about back home like WEM. The movie is terrible, but its kinda nice to see some things from back home (Earls, WEM waterpark, the main escalators).

I remember going on a scavenger hunt in the WEM. Good times. :lol:

Four more sleeps until Santa comes!

cardinal.jpg

iagree.gif

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, your tree is lovely cat :)

Well we went over to Lake Mary city hall area last night and I took some pics of the lights, just going to have a look at them now and I will post some if any came out nicely.

Yes, your tree is lovely cat :)

Well we went over to Lake Mary city hall area last night and I took some pics of the lights, just going to have a look at them now and I will post some if any came out nicely.

Oh! I keep forgetting to go downtown (Mt Dora) and take pics of the lights! :bonk: Looking forward to seeing yours, Trailmix.

iagree.gif

Timeline

So here are some of the like 35 pictures I took. Some of them came out blurry as I was playing with the settings. You know, i'm still not convinced I like this camera we got. But anyhoo, here are a few good ones.

lakemarycityhalllights011.jpg

lakemarycityhalllights010.jpg

lakemarycityhalllights014.jpg

lakemarycityhalllights013.jpg

lakemarycityhalllights012.jpg

lakemarycityhalllights016.jpg

Wow. Very colourful! You know, I'd love to get a fancy schmancy digital camera so I can take awesome pics. Have to do a bit of research first, though. I'll post my pics as soon as I get downtown to take some! It's so beautiful down there. Since we're having a bunch of Canadians here for New Year's (well, we're actually all Brits and Filipinas..... but we're naturalized! lol), we've decided to go downtown to the lake for dinner then for a carriage ride.... which will be really lovely with all the lights..... and maybe take in the fireworks if we're out that long. Looking forward to it but I have so much to do first! :crying:

Edited by Krikit
iagree.gif

Timeline
Wow. Very colourful! You know, I'd love to get a fancy schmancy digital camera so I can take awesome pics. Have to do a bit of research first, though. I'll post my pics as soon as I get downtown to take some! It's so beautiful down there. Since we're having a bunch of Canadians here for New Year's (well, we're actually all Brits and Filipinas..... but we're naturalized! lol), we've decided to go downtown to the lake for dinner then for a carriage ride.... which will be really lovely with all the lights..... and maybe take in the fireworks if we're out that long. Looking forward to it but I have so much to do first! :crying:

Yeah, the pictures don't do it justice, there are pathways all through it and it's like a christmas light wonderland :)

You are going downtown for dinner as in eating out somewhere?

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I think I have decided that I am going to make these to give as gifts to the adults.. yesterday hubby and I kind of decided that we were going to get the adults a box of chocolate covered cherries because they were only 88 cents a box at Rite-Aid but I was thinking that is a bit too impersonal...

Easy_OREO_Truffles.jpg

Easy OREO Truffles

1 pkg. (1 lb. 2 oz.) OREO Cookies, finely crushed, divided

1 pkg. (8 oz.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened

2 pkg. (8 squares each) BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Chocolate, melted

Make It

MIX 3 cups of the cookie crumbs and the cream cheese until well blended. Shape into 42 (1-inch) balls.

DIP balls in melted chocolate; place on waxed paper-covered baking sheet. (Any leftover melted chocolate can be stored in tightly covered container at room temperature and saved for another use.) Sprinkle with remaining cookie crumbs.

REFRIGERATE 1 hour or until firm. Store any leftover truffles in tightly covered container in refrigerator.

Kraft Kitchens Tips

How to Easily Dip Truffles

To easily coat truffles with the melted chocolate, add truffles, in batches, to bowl of melted chocolate. Then use two forks to roll truffles in chocolate until evenly coated. Remove the truffles with forks and allow excess chocolate to drip back into bowl before placing truffles on prepared baking sheet.

Special Extra

Sprinkle truffles with colored sugar or sprinkles in addition to or in place of the cookie crumbs.

How to Soften Cream Cheese

Place completely unwrapped package of cream cheese in microwaveable bowl. Microwave on HIGH 10 sec. or just until softened. Add 15 sec. for each additional package of cream cheese.

http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/easy-...fles-95085.aspx

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

^ well its settled, I'm off to the grocery store to prepare some of those things Marilyn. Yummy! Hubby is gonna wanna kiss my feet when he gets home. Thanks for sharing that one Marilyn!

Timeline

oh some tips people suggested are after you mix the cookies and cream cheese together put the mixture in the fridge for about 30 minutes before rolling into balls and then after rolling into balls, place them in the freezer for like an hour before rolling in the chocolate... oh and someone suggested putting a toothpick in the balls before freezing and then it makes it easier to dip them in the chocolate...

and also instead of using the baker's squares you could use chocolate chips or I am going to use dipping wafers that I fond at Michaels...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

Yes..... going downtown for dinner as in "eating out". Not as in "going downtown for dinner and bringing a picnic basket". :hehe:

dumb question noted and acknowledged :blink:

But you could be weird and pack everything up in the car and spread out little blankets and...yeah but you don't seem weird. :)

Are many places in your area open for xmas dinner?

Edited by trailmix

Yes..... going downtown for dinner as in "eating out". Not as in "going downtown for dinner and bringing a picnic basket". :hehe:

dumb question noted and acknowledged :blink:

But you could be weird and pack everything up in the car and spread out little blankets and...yeah but you don't seem weird. :)

Are many places in your area open for xmas dinner?

I hadn't noticed wrt Christmas dinner. But, if I recall correctly, I do believe that some establishments are open. And I actually thought your idea of a picnic in the park sounded like fun, and ran through the scenario in my mind to see if that's what we should do! At least there won't be bugs. I think. :lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

the Dollar Tree rocks.. I went there to find something I could put the truffles in when I give them as gifts.. i contemplated tins and mugs etc.. but the price quickly added up but then I found the cutest little Christmas gift bags, they were 3 for a dollar.. so I got those... and some holiday ziploc bags... they will look cute :D

now I just have to make the truffles :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.