MrsCat

Countdown to Christmas Thread

353 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Do you not watch the simpsons krikit!?

I've never watched it in my life. Nor Seinfeld. Nor a bunch of other shows people always talk about. I'm not much of a tv person. Which is kinda weird considering some things. lol :blush:

I too don't watch the Simpsons, I have seen them by being in the same room while they are on though. Family Guy is another one, However! my Husband used to watch it and that is when I saw stewie, so now I will watch just to see what he is up to.

I have never seen any of the star wars movies either :thumbs:

Well, now that's just wrong. :lol:

Oh sure...Miss I never watched Seinfeld!!

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline
Do you not watch the simpsons krikit!?

I've never watched it in my life. Nor Seinfeld. Nor a bunch of other shows people always talk about. I'm not much of a tv person. Which is kinda weird considering some things. lol :blush:

I too don't watch the Simpsons, I have seen them by being in the same room while they are on though. Family Guy is another one, However! my Husband used to watch it and that is when I saw stewie, so now I will watch just to see what he is up to.

I have never seen any of the star wars movies either :thumbs:

Well, now that's just wrong. :lol:

Oh sure...Miss I never watched Seinfeld!!

:lol:

iagree.gif

Woot! Five days until our first Christmas Eve as husband and wife! Please, please, please let us not get snowed in at O'Hare changing planes!

Marilyn---I love the kitties under the misletoe in your signature.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
Woot! Five days until our first Christmas Eve as husband and wife! Please, please, please let us not get snowed in at O'Hare changing planes!

Marilyn---I love the kitties under the misletoe in your signature.

thanks.. I thought it was cute.. :)

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

:star: It has been fun reading through this thread guys! There are so many festive pics. Well, two days ago, I found out there is a good chance my hubby will be driving out to see the kids and I for Christmas. If he is coming, he is supposed to leave tomorrow. He will drive 2000 miles to come here. I really hope he makes it.

Today the kids and I went Christmas caroling with the kids. We brought around cookies and Christmas cards. Most people thought we were soliciters and one guy asked us if we needed money or something. LOL We did have fun and I think if we make it a family tradition there maybe we will get different responses in the future! lol My parents moved to a new city in Sept.

I just wanted to comment and let you know I enjoyed reading through this tonight!

zachsmile2ym1.jpg

Married 3/15/07

USCIS:

NOA1: 5/23/2008

NOA2: 9/12/2008

NVC:

They received: 9/24/2008

Case Complete: 12/1/2008

Interview: 03/24/2009

Received approved visa (after RFE in interview): 04/21/2009

Timeline

so we went to the Christmas parade today.. we left a few hours before and walked around a bit visiting the shops and eating the food and partaking of happy hour :whistle:

then it was time for the parade so we went back to the car to get our blanket... I looked at the parade route map and realized I had read the map wrong :P the parade wasn't coming past where I thought it was.. so we hurried back to where we were and the parade had already started :P .. we missed at least half of it :P

but we still had a good evening :P

oh and David said.. so now we have seen two halves of a parade doesn't that count as a whole parade ?? :P ..lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

graham cracker cookies.. hubby seems to like these..

2008_1219_142048.jpg

Brownie cookies

2008_1219_142108.jpg

snickerdoodles

2008_1219_142123.jpg

i was talking to my sister-in-law today who is coming for Christmas and I mentioned that I had done my Christmas baking yesterday... then she asked if I had made these two types of cookies that I always used to make (when I was baking cookies I just knew she would ask me if I had made those) she sounded disappointed that I hadn't... the ones she liked are a bit more time consuming and I just wanted to keep it simple... I was telling David all this and he suggested that when she gets here she and I should make them together....

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Marilyn, those look soooo amazingly yummy!!! I wanted to lick the screen! hehe

"Я тебя люблю. Эти слова имеют мою жизнь в них."

Eligible for N-400 early based on Section 329 of the INA, Service During Hostilities

lLNXm5.png

Timeline
I was telling David all this and he suggested that when she gets here she and I should make them together....

That sounds like a good opportunity for some sister bonding time. :star:

Shiri, that sounds so fun. I always wondered if anyone actually went caroling anymore. I would have asked for an encore. Way to keep in the spirit of Christmas. :thumbs:

Timeline
:star: It has been fun reading through this thread guys! There are so many festive pics. Well, two days ago, I found out there is a good chance my hubby will be driving out to see the kids and I for Christmas. If he is coming, he is supposed to leave tomorrow. He will drive 2000 miles to come here. I really hope he makes it.

Today the kids and I went Christmas caroling with the kids. We brought around cookies and Christmas cards. Most people thought we were soliciters and one guy asked us if we needed money or something. LOL We did have fun and I think if we make it a family tradition there maybe we will get different responses in the future! lol My parents moved to a new city in Sept.

I just wanted to comment and let you know I enjoyed reading through this tonight!

I think it's great you went caroling shiri :thumbs: I think it's strange that people thought you were soliciting...hmm, I wouldn't think that if someone came to my door singing :)

Timeline
So I went to photobucket this morning and that 'christmas cookies' pic now shows this:

christmas-cookies.jpg

I mean really :lol:

jeepers. isn't this the season of giving? ;)

Timeline

I just turned on Christmas In Wonderland and its making me miss all those things I hated about back home like WEM. The movie is terrible, but its kinda nice to see some things from back home (Earls, WEM waterpark, the main escalators).

I remember when they were filming this in Edmonton and they shut down Whyte Ave in the middle of summer and had this fake snow everywhere outside the Army & Navy. I was so pissed because I was late for class. :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.