MrsCat

Countdown to Christmas Thread

353 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Looks very pretty. I like that a lot.

A student came into my office today to give me a box of chocolates but it is against state rules to accept gifts. In New Jersey we have had a lot of problems with bribes and such so it is now against the law to accept gifts from either customers or vendors you do business with. I helped this girl and her mother out quite a bit this semester and so she was really bummed and confused I couldn't accept her gift. She looked a little insulted but I tried to assure her to thank her mother and tell her I;d be happy to help her in the future.

Awww too bad you couldn't accept the chocolates, but rules are rules I guess!!

K-1

I-129F sent to Vermont: 2/19/08

NOA1: 2/21/08

NOA2: 3/10/08

Packet 3 recd: 3/25/08

Packet 3 sent: 4/18/08

Appt letter recd: 6/16/08

Interview at Montreal Consulate: 7/10/08 **APPROVED!!**

K1 recd: 7/15/08

US Entry at Buffalo, New York: 11/15/08

Wedding in Philadelphia: 11/22/08

AOS

AOS/EAD/AP filed at Chicago Lockbox: 12/17/08

NOA: 12/29/08

Case transferred to CSC: 1/7/09

AOS Approval: 4/2/09

Biometrics appt: 1/16/09

EAD received: 3/12/09

AP received: 3/13/09

AOS approval notice sent: 4/2/09

GC received: 4/9/09

ROC

Sent package to VSC: 1/5/11

NOA1: 1/7/11

Biometrics: 2/14/11

Approval letter received: 8/1/11

GC received: 8/11/11

Citizenship:

N-400 sent to Dallas lockbox: 3/1/12

NOA1: 3/6/12

Biometrics: 4/9/12

Interview: 5/25/12

Oath Ceremony: 6/4/2012

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
My one Sister is on her way - literally - from Texas to Nebraska, to spend Christmas there with my other Sister and family.

christmas_tree_2003-1.jpg

aww cute tree... :)

well, I am off to make my Christmas goodies.. I will take pics so I can make you all jealous :P ...lol

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Filed: Timeline
:star: 28 days until Christmas :star:

On Monday I will send the Christmas cards in the mail.

christmas-cookies.JPG

OMG, Cat!!!!! Did you check back on your first post?!!!!! :rofl:

For those of you who now live in warm places that generally do not get snow- does it feel weird to you? Seeing all these Christmas decorations everywhere- and my favorite- Christmas lights on palm trees! :D

I love decorated palms! I took this pic when we were at the beach:

HPIM0463.jpg

I should maybe take a pic of my decorations too. lol

iagree.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

christmas-cookies.JPG

:lol:

OMG - that picture just gets worse and worse. A few days ago it was a huge ####### saying I'm a bandwidth thief.

How do I make it stop?! :crying:

Timeline

Well the picture is called Christmas_cookies - is this other picture yours?? Maybe uploaded under the wrong name? If it wasn't actually a pic you uploaded then someone just changed the pic - that's hilarious :lol:

I LOVE lighted palm trees! Oh that reminds me, I must pop over to city hall and take pictures of the lights there. As for the warm weather, it doesn't seem strange to me at all, but I have had a lot of warm xmases :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

christmas-cookies.JPG

OMG - that picture just gets worse and worse. A few days ago it was a huge ####### saying I'm a bandwidth thief.

How do I make it stop?! :crying:

Don't make it stop! :lol:

But if you really wanted to you need to go back to that post and delete the original link.

iagree.gif

Timeline

mm the house smells good over here.. I just finished baking off some cranberry hermits and tried a couple :whistle: mm delicious.. I also made some graham cracker cookies that I have never made before.. they taste pretty good, I drizzled them with choclate to make them look more festive...

now I think I am going to make a batch of snickerdoodles and maybe the brownie cookies.. I figured I would just get it over with in one day... I still want to make Oreo truffles but I am going to save that for Sunday or Monday

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I have to get my sons Santa gifts into the car tomorrow somehow.

Then I am going to do the rest of the shopping in Canada on Monday. I still have to get my husband a juicer and I think I'll pick that up there too.

I went to Philly today after work to look for gifts but couldn't really find anything, but broad street sure is lit up and looking beautiful.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline
mm the house smells good over here.. I just finished baking off some cranberry hermits and tried a couple :whistle: mm delicious.. I also made some graham cracker cookies that I have never made before.. they taste pretty good, I drizzled them with choclate to make them look more festive...

now I think I am going to make a batch of snickerdoodles and maybe the brownie cookies.. I figured I would just get it over with in one day... I still want to make Oreo truffles but I am going to save that for Sunday or Monday

Your baking looks delicious Marilyn...wow so much, who is eating all this!?

And don't worry krikit, I saved MrsCat's pic :)

christmas-cookies.jpg

Timeline

Your baking looks delicious Marilyn...wow so much, who is eating all this!?

it isn't really a lot.. just a couple dozen of each kind... I have 11 nieces and nephews, a husband, a brother, borther-in-laws etc who will make sure they don't go to waste.. plus I plan on giving some away as gifts...

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

if you think that is a lot you should have seen how many I used to make.. I would start in October or November and make a couple dozen a week and store them in the freezer and then when Christmas rolled around I would put a lot of them in tins and hand them out friends and family... my family got the leftover cookies but they never complained :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

We should do a cookie exchange next year. I wonder how they would keep in the mail?

Wait that wouldn't work nm. You would be mailing out too many tins of cookies. :lol:

Edited by Sprailenes

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.