MrsCat

Countdown to Christmas Thread

353 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
'only' dropped one glass ornament on the tile floor woot!

:lol:

I love the woot! at the end of that sentence.

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Timeline
thanks, I will give Michaels a try :thumbs: it is kind of weird that I have to go to a craft type store to get them where as in Canada they were available at Save-On or Superstore :P

Oh I agree!

I miss having the bulk barn they were also amazing for that kind of stuff. :(

Donne moi une poptart!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh man, last time Buddy came to TO I took him to Bulk Barn and he loved it. I also picked up like 4 lbs of droppies (dutch candies) I told him we should really branch that store out to Columbus. And other states of course.

chris4.jpg

"May our love last another day.....and then some"

Timeline

you know what I find weird? is having to go get raisins in the fruit aisles at the grocery store. I'm hunting for them in the BAKING aisle.. that's so strange to me.. why they put them next to the grapes is beyond me :wacko:

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline
thanks, I will give Michaels a try :thumbs: it is kind of weird that I have to go to a craft type store to get them where as in Canada they were available at Save-On or Superstore :P

Oh I agree!

I miss having the bulk barn they were also amazing for that kind of stuff. :(

my hubby thinks bulk stuff is weird.. he is like "what about all the germs?" :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline
you know what I find weird? is having to go get raisins in the fruit aisles at the grocery store. I'm hunting for them in the BAKING aisle.. that's so strange to me.. why they put them next to the grapes is beyond me :wacko:

Probably because..... they were grapes before they were dried? :devil:

Makes more sense to me that they are in the fruit section, they are after all a fruit :yes:

I absolutely loved Bulk Barn. But then again, it's probably a good thing that they don't have them down here. They would probably make sure to use HFCS products :devil:

Edited by Rob and Mel

Timeline

Probably because..... they were grapes before they were dried? :devil:

Makes more sense to me that they are in the fruit section, they are after all a fruit :yes:

nah... I want to buy them when I'm buying flour and sugar and baking goods, not when I'm thinking fruits for lunches etc :)

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

:star: 9 Days Until Christmas :star:

bluexmas2k21920_xthumb.jpg

Em, I agree with you, I only want raisins when baking not when looking for fruit. I can understand prunes in that section as dried fruit because they're substantial and people use those for things other than baking. Raisins, unless in those tiny boxes are for baking. :P

Timeline

I apologize for the huge ####### saying I'm a bandwidth thief in post #1.

I'm not sure how that got there. Apparently I am stealing someone's bandwidth. I don't even know what that is. Sorry whoever I'm stealing from. :lol::blink:

I apologize for the huge ####### saying I'm a bandwidth thief in post #1.

I'm not sure how that got there. Apparently I am stealing someone's bandwidth. I don't even know what that is. Sorry whoever I'm stealing from. :lol::blink:

:lol: I just noticed the one above saying hotlinking is NOT allowed. :lol: They're so scroogy! :lol:

We have a light dusting of snow this morning. It makes it look very Christmassy! :dance:

carlahmsb4.gif

Gene and I were out to a local Antique Mall last Friday. I love bird cages, and like to incorporate them into my landscaping. Gene is very artistic, and took one that has a hinged top, and decorated it up for our front porch on a small table. Thought I'd share a lovely Christmassy picture!

IMG_0055-1.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
Gene and I were out to a local Antique Mall last Friday. I love bird cages, and like to incorporate them into my landscaping. Gene is very artistic, and took one that has a hinged top, and decorated it up for our front porch on a small table. Thought I'd share a lovely Christmassy picture!

IMG_0055-1.jpg

Sweet and not even stolen bandwidth :ph34r: (really very nice)

Funny about the raisins, my Sister and I were talking about this a few weeks ago, when we got our bread makers. She said 'oh and if you are looking for raisins they are in the FRUITS area, NOT the baking area'

Sure enough, there they were, I think it is odd too, yes, they are fruit but unless they are in little boxes they are for baking!

If you are going to use that logic, then all the bags of walnuts, slivered almonds etc should be in the snack section and milk should be with soft drinks. :hehe:

Edited by trailmix

Carla, that bird cage is beautiful! You know what the best thing about the snow we got is? It covers up the flippin' ICE so we can actually walk our dog without sliding all over the place! And yes, it is very pretty. I've been checking the weather in Calgary and it looks like we will have a VERY white Christmas there this year (last year, oddly enough, we didn't---we drove from Edmonton to Calgary and the snow pretty much disappeared at Red Deer). I wonder how my sister-in-law's tiny little terrier mix is handling the snow. I'm sure it is much deeper than he is tall!

I just mailed off some Christmas gifts this morning. All that's left now is packing and putting vacation holds on our mail and newspaper.

K1

10/02/2007 ~ Sent I-129F to CSC

2/27/2008 ~ NOA2!!! (148 days)

5/27/2008 ~ Interview --- APPROVED!!

5/28/2008 ~ Visa in hand (239 days)

7/17/2008 ~ POE Portal, North Dakota

7/26/2008 ~ Marriage

AOS

8/26/2008 ~ Sent AOS/AP/EAD to Chicago lockbox

9/18/2008 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

9/22/2008 ~ Transferred to CSC

11/05/2008 ~ AP/EAD approved (71 days)

1/20/2009 ~ AOS approved!!! (147 days)

1/29/2009 ~ 2-year GC arrived (156 days)

Removing Conditions

11/18/2010 ~ Sent I-751 to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ I-751 delivered to CSC

11/19/2010 ~ NOA1

12/10/2010 ~ Received biometrics letter

12/21/2010 ~ Biometrics in St Louis

12/29/2010 ~ Touch

1/04/2011 ~ Case status finally available online

2/16/2011 ~ Approved!! (89 days)

2/22/2011 ~ 10-year GC arrived (95 days)

Timeline

oh thanks for the Michaels tip , peeps.. I found them there.. got a bag of chocolate ones and a abg of white chocolate ones. they were 2.50 a bag right now..

they also were having all their Christmas stuff on sale and I picked up four ornaments, they are glass balls, 2 pink and 2 blue and they have multi-coloured polka dots all over them.. they were $1.20 each after 70 percent off... I just had to have them.. I was tempted to buy 2 green ones too but I reigned myself in.. I really don't need any more ornaments :P

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.