353 posts in this topic

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Those look fabulous!

Well I figured out my tree...as in I didn't feel like putting it up and was going to buy a small thing.

Well I ended up just putting up half the tree - and it works, basically the bottom with the tree top stuck in the top and 2 rows of branches - voila'! smaller tree :)

So far I have just hung candy canes on it, I will will do ornaments tomorrow.

Timeline
Finished Christmas shopping. Just need to shop for my husband.

Sweet!

MrsCat, how many photos does the frame hold...generally?

Depends on the size of the memory card, we bought a 2G so it should hold 550 or so. But there is no way I am loading that many on. Grandma Nedra will be dead before she's had a chance to view them all.

I just started editing them out and told Chris if his mom wants them all, then she is welcome to add the rest on her own. I just spend 5 hours and we've only done 65 photos. Our scanner is ancient and slow.

I'm in a better mood now, I came across some pretty darn cute photos in the ones she sent. So in the very least it will be nice that we have copies too of those.

:lol:

Yeah, I wasn't sure if you could get them with that much memory...omg - that is a photo storage system !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Heres the sugar cookies I made today for my husbands coworkers.

Finally finished!

Drizzling the icing to make the designs is probably the most tedious thing ever. I have to make more this week for the inlaws and I am not looking forward to doing that again.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

Finally finished!

Drizzling the icing to make the designs is probably the most tedious thing ever. I have to make more this week for the inlaws and I am not looking forward to doing that again.

Those look almost too good to eat - almost. :blush:

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

I probably spent about 50 bucks on baking stuff today and I still need to get some white chocolate as the store where I went didn't seem to have any...

I plan on making some white chocolate cranberry fudge, teddy s'more bark, creamy snowballs (if I can find the right kind of mini-coloured marshmallows), one bowl brownie cookies, snickerdoodles, graham cracker cookies and maybe some chocolate cookie bark and cranberry hermits... I want to make some oreo truffles too but I am not sure yet...

taht is one thing that bugs me, the mini-coloured marshmallows that I have bought here don't have the same flavours as the ones I used in Canada :unsure: so the recipe I use them in doesn't taste quite right..

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

that darn baking chocolate is so expensive and most recipes you need two boxes :P..

one year I found Ghirardelli baking chocolate at the 99 cent only store.. I went there a few days ago hoping that they would have it again but no such luck :(

2283246874_f15abbcedf.jpg

oh another thing I can't seem to find is those dipping wafers... back in Canada you could get them in chocolate, white chocolate and they also had them in red, green etc...

Full-MilkWafers.jpg

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

I completed all my Christmas baking this weekend. Gene had fewer requests this year, but there is still a variety. I made up two huge trays of goodies and chocolates for him to take to work this morning as well. I treat the boys to some home baking at least 4 times a year. ;)

carlahmsb4.gif

Timeline
I completed all my Christmas baking this weekend. Gene had fewer requests this year, but there is still a variety. I made up two huge trays of goodies and chocolates for him to take to work this morning as well. I treat the boys to some home baking at least 4 times a year. ;)

:luv: awe that's really nice of you Carla.. I should get off my lazy butt and do some sort of Christmas baking :(

oh another thing I can't seem to find is those dipping wafers... back in Canada you could get them in chocolate, white chocolate and they also had them in red, green etc...

Full-MilkWafers.jpg

Did you try Michaels? THat's where I've seen them before?

AOS:

2007-02-22: Sent AOS /EAD

2007-03-06 : NOA1 AOS /EAD

2007-03-28: Transferred to CSC

2007-05-17: EAD Card Production Ordered

2007-05-21: I485 Approved

2007-05-24: EAD Card Received

2007-06-01: Green Card Received!!

Removal of Conditions:

2009-02-27: Sent I-751

2009-03-07: NOA I-751

2009-03-31: Biometrics Appt. Hartford

2009-07-21: Touched (first time since biometrics) Perhaps address change?

2009-07-28: Approved at VSC

2009-08-25: Received card in the mail

Naturalization

2012-08-20: Submitted N-400

2013-01-18: Became Citizen

You guys are so impressive with all your baking :) Not going to happen for me this year. We don't even have our tree up, time has just got away from us. And Declan has surgery tomorrow so we will be taking care of him and not doing anything Christmasy for a few days at least.

We did go to Santa's Village again yesterday, this time with friends who have a baby born 2 days after Declan. It was freezing, but so much fun. We got to ride a few rides .... the carousel, train, antique cars and skyway sleigh. Declan was grinning the whole time, except for when he sat on Santa's lap. Thankfully, the pics from last time were wonderful, because this time, he wasn't smiling as much.

2e020152f8374f4fbd9014e3cc2c05fe.jpg

catcatadb20080508_-7_My%20child%20is.png

Timeline

Finally finished!

DRROOOLL.

Please package and send to Amanda Deo, 53.... ;)

"...My hair's mostly wind,

My eyes filled with grit

My skin's white then brown

My lips chapped and split

I've lain on the prairie and heard grasses sigh

I've stared at the vast open bowl of the sky

I've seen all the castles and faces in clouds

My home is the prairie and for that I am proud…

If You're not from the Prairie, you can't know my soul

You don't know our blizzards; you've not fought our cold

You can't know my mind, nor ever my heart

Unless deep within you there's somehow a part…

A part of these things that I've said that I know,

The wind, sky and earth, the storms and the snow.

Best say that you have - and then we'll be one,

For we will have shared that same blazing sun." - David Bouchard

Timeline
that darn baking chocolate is so expensive and most recipes you need two boxes :P..

one year I found Ghirardelli baking chocolate at the 99 cent only store.. I went there a few days ago hoping that they would have it again but no such luck :(

2283246874_f15abbcedf.jpg

Full-MilkWafers.jpg

Try AC Moore, they have lots bags of the dipping wafers in all colours of the rainbow, I believe Michaels does too.

Donne moi une poptart!

Timeline

thanks, I will give Michaels a try :thumbs: it is kind of weird that I have to go to a craft type store to get them where as in Canada they were available at Save-On or Superstore :P

Edited by *Marilyn*
mvSuprise-hug.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.