lizandpat

Any Dutch/American couples??

1,881 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

YAY! John received his NOA1 for his AOS...well..lol, he received 2 at the same time. I think one is just a receipt of the check. I guess we wait for his biometrics appt now. This concerns me a bit though. We are moving to Texas pretty soon...so...anyone know how long it takes to get the appt? If we can do it here before we move...that would be great. Or else, I guess we will have to let the USCIC we are moving. Now, if we only had a date for THAT!

-Blu-

We sent our AOS in the 13th of January, and our biometrics appointment was set for the 16th of February.

Timeline

We sent our AOS in the 13th of January, and our biometrics appointment was set for the 16th of February.

Ok...so I guess he will be doing that in Tx somewhere. Hope this doesn't delay his EAD too much. I think he is going to explode soon from not being able to work! LOL

-Blu-

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Timeline

Ok...so I guess he will be doing that in Tx somewhere. Hope this doesn't delay his EAD too much. I think he is going to explode soon from not being able to work! LOL

-Blu-

Well, wherever he has it; I wouldn't wait too long before giving them your change in address. For some reason, it takes biometrics a long time to get the memo that someone has moved. Johnny's brother is also in the middle of the AOS, he moved and they never got his biometrics changed over; he ended up having to do a walk-in. [Note that he had his appointment date already set and then moved before the actual appointment]

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

-Blu-

The office isn't too far from where we met at Boomer Jack's....and they take walk-in's. So once you get here and they have the change of address, John should be able to walk-in and get his bio done! :dance:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Timeline

The office isn't too far from where we met at Boomer Jack's....and they take walk-in's. So once you get here and they have the change of address, John should be able to walk-in and get his bio done! kicking.gif

Awesome...I see more hot wings and loud TV's in my future. lol

-Blu-

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Awesome...I see more hot wings and loud TV's in my future. lol

-Blu-

ROFL...sounds good to me!! Minus the loud tv though.. :blink::lol:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Timeline

USC'S OF DUTCH PEOPLE I NEED HELP! lol. My current crisis of confusion involves the I-134 form.

I'm using my dad as a co-sponsor and he makes over the 125% requirement.

I'm going to number my questions to make it easier...

1) What documents do I need to supply?......

2) Does he need to get that letter from the bank even though he makes over the amount?

3)Since he makes over the amount, is it necessary for him to fill out the savings, personal property, stocks and bonds and life insurance part?

4)Do I need to get a letter from the bank? Although I am unemployed at the moment, I do have savings. Should I bother putting that on the 134 or does it not matter because my father is co-sponsoring.

5) Do I need my prior tax info?

Any help would genuinely be appreciated. :) Thanks!

Our Time Line

129-F

Lifting Conditions

2/19/2013 -- Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

2/21/2013 -- package received by VSC

2/27-2013 -- NOA-1

3/22/2013 -- Biometrics

Timeline

USC'S OF DUTCH PEOPLE I NEED HELP! lol. My current crisis of confusion involves the I-134 form.

I'm using my dad as a co-sponsor and he makes over the 125% requirement.

I'm going to number my questions to make it easier...

1) What documents do I need to supply?......

2) Does he need to get that letter from the bank even though he makes over the amount?

3)Since he makes over the amount, is it necessary for him to fill out the savings, personal property, stocks and bonds and life insurance part?

4)Do I need to get a letter from the bank? Although I am unemployed at the moment, I do have savings. Should I bother putting that on the 134 or does it not matter because my father is co-sponsoring.

5) Do I need my prior tax info?

Any help would genuinely be appreciated. :) Thanks!

I know for sure that you and your father will need your prior tax information, not the W2 but the actual tax return. I would suggest getting the past three years of federal tax returns, and you will need yours because even if you don't meet the requirements; they still want to see it. My father also co-sponsored for me as I did not earn enough to be the soul source of support. We did not bother with things from the bank, if your father makes more than enough they do not need to be in your business and looking at all of your bank statements; the less they know, the better off you are.

I'm not sure if he filled in the personal property, stocks, savings, etc but I don't see why he would have to. Those things are just to back you up if you do not meet the requirement, they use them as a form of supplemental income and sometimes that doesn't even help. Now, we did have letters from both of our employers stating how many hours we work and for what amount per hour we work; it may be a good idea for you to add that as well.

As far as you being unemployed at the moment? Not sure if anything from the bank would help, but I suppose you could gather some evidence from the bank stating that you at least have some money to help with supporting your fiance. I would still definitely add your previous federal tax returns if you have any, they seem to look over that the most; the rest of that stuff is more or less supplemental to the actual tax returns.

Hope that kind of helps you. Maybe someone else can touch base on this as well; it's possible I missed something.

Timeline

I know for sure that you and your father will need your prior tax information, not the W2 but the actual tax return. I would suggest getting the past three years of federal tax returns, and you will need yours because even if you don't meet the requirements; they still want to see it. My father also co-sponsored for me as I did not earn enough to be the soul source of support. We did not bother with things from the bank, if your father makes more than enough they do not need to be in your business and looking at all of your bank statements; the less they know, the better off you are.

I'm not sure if he filled in the personal property, stocks, savings, etc but I don't see why he would have to. Those things are just to back you up if you do not meet the requirement, they use them as a form of supplemental income and sometimes that doesn't even help. Now, we did have letters from both of our employers stating how many hours we work and for what amount per hour we work; it may be a good idea for you to add that as well.

As far as you being unemployed at the moment? Not sure if anything from the bank would help, but I suppose you could gather some evidence from the bank stating that you at least have some money to help with supporting your fiance. I would still definitely add your previous federal tax returns if you have any, they seem to look over that the most; the rest of that stuff is more or less supplemental to the actual tax returns.

Hope that kind of helps you. Maybe someone else can touch base on this as well; it's possible I missed something.

Thanks for your help! I think I'm just over worrying. At least I know my NVC file isn't in AP because they told me it was sent to the mail room on Wed. Now to just get it over to Amsterdam!!!!

Our Time Line

129-F

Lifting Conditions

2/27-2013 -- NOA-1

3/22/2013 -- Biometrics

Timeline

Thanks for your help! I think I'm just over worrying. At least I know my NVC file isn't in AP because they told me it was sent to the mail room on Wed. Now to just get it over to Amsterdam!!!!

I completely understand your worries though, it's all very stressful.

Timeline

I completely understand your worries though, it's all very stressful.

STRESSFUL is an UNDERSTATEMENT! I can't imagine what it would be like to go through a tough embassy!

:D Someone actually sent me the link the embassy sends for the packet 3 so I'm feeling a little bit better about that.

Now, my next AHHHHHHH moment (Because I ALWAYS have to have SOMETHING to worry about)

NVC said that my case was shipped on Wed. May 5th. I've been checking on the DHL site to attempt to track it like some others have written about on this site, but there's been nothing going to Amsterdam at all. I'm afraid it's gotten lost or something. AHH! It's horrible.

Do you think I should send an email over to the embassy over the weekend asking if they've received it? Or should I just calm down and trust things will go the way they are supposed to...

Edited by Wooden Tulips

Our Time Line

129-F

Lifting Conditions

2/27-2013 -- NOA-1

3/22/2013 -- Biometrics

Timeline

I found my case on dhl.com. Ok. I'm relaxed now until I come up with something new to panic about tomorrow.... I'm sorry people :) It seems I've scared most of you away! But thanks for the support :)

Our Time Line

129-F

Lifting Conditions

2/27-2013 -- NOA-1

3/22/2013 -- Biometrics

Timeline

STRESSFUL is an UNDERSTATEMENT! I can't imagine what it would be like to go through a tough embassy!

:D Someone actually sent me the link the embassy sends for the packet 3 so I'm feeling a little bit better about that.

Now, my next AHHHHHHH moment (Because I ALWAYS have to have SOMETHING to worry about)

NVC said that my case was shipped on Wed. May 5th. I've been checking on the DHL site to attempt to track it like some others have written about on this site, but there's been nothing going to Amsterdam at all. I'm afraid it's gotten lost or something. AHH! It's horrible.

Do you think I should send an email over to the embassy over the weekend asking if they've received it? Or should I just calm down and trust things will go the way they are supposed to...

Oh I know! I'm so glad it was a relatively painless experience -aside from the waiting! The Amsterdam consulate is a walk in the park in comparison to some of the other places.

We're going through a bit of an "AHHHHH moment" right now as well with Johnny's AOS; we've heard nothing about his case since February 20 something when they touched it... and they only touched it once. [We called them the other day and they woman from USCIS said she would send out a request to see what's going on, but that that could take up to a month]We're a bit worried that somehow the Orlando office lost his biometrics stuff and never sent it on and that's why we haven't heard anything else from them.

As far as the shipping thing goes; I'd just wait it out. With them it's hard to tell when and if they got things, and odds are you won't find out about it until they finally decide to give you a little heads up. I remember us running into somewhat of a wait time for Johnny's interview due to them trying to get Johnny's police records from the United States [he lived here for seven years], so if anything I would at least wait it out another week or so. Relax, and try not to worry SO much; even though I know it's hard putting your life into the hands of people who really don't seem to have that firm of a grasp on what they are doing. :P

I found my case on dhl.com. Ok. I'm relaxed now until I come up with something new to panic about tomorrow.... I'm sorry people :) It seems I've scared most of you away! But thanks for the support :)

Oh well that's good!

Timeline

Heya guys,

Haven't talked in this topic for quite a while. Finally married and life keeping busy. I hope everyone is doing oke and is with their loved one...

I got a question maybe some of you can answer me... Is there any way for me to take my husband to Holland and live there instead of here? I'm fearing I made a big mistake moving to the US compared to what I had in Holland. I love my husband very much but this is taking so much out of me I don't know if I can deal with it any longer...

Thank you for any help.

Love is patient and kind;

it is not jealous or conceited or proud;

love is not ill-mannered or selfish or irritable;

love does not keep a record of wrongs;

love is not happy with evil, but is happy with the truth.

Love never gives up; and its faith, hope, and patience never fail.

Love is eternal.

inloveforeveryouandmet.jpg

TimeLine:

02-29-08: Met Online

04-26-08: Told eachother how we felt

10-24-08: Went to America

12-01-09: Engaged

01-17-09: Bought the ring

01-21-09: Back to Holland =[

03-10-09: Petition send

03-16-09: NOA1

08-11-09: NOA2!!!! Finally!!!!

08-20-09: Package 3

09-10-09: Package 3 send to Consulate

09-17-09: Package 4

10-01-09: Medical + Xray

10-13-09: Interview!!!!!! Approved!!!!!!

10-15-09: Visa Arrived!!!!

11-20-09: US Entry

01-30-10: Marriage

02-13-10: Honeymoon to South Carolina

Heya guys,

Haven't talked in this topic for quite a while. Finally married and life keeping busy. I hope everyone is doing oke and is with their loved one...

I got a question maybe some of you can answer me... Is there any way for me to take my husband to Holland and live there instead of here? I'm fearing I made a big mistake moving to the US compared to what I had in Holland. I love my husband very much but this is taking so much out of me I don't know if I can deal with it any longer...

Thank you for any help.

I'm sorry to hear this but I can share your feeling. I feel I have left a lot behind which I haven't found here yet. It's not easy to bring a foreign spouse to the Netherlands, but not impossible. You can find specific information on www.IND.nl If you need more help let me know. I looked into moving back home, but will wait till I have my citizenship so I don't have to mess with immigration ever again if I change to moved back.

Letty

May 18, 2007 ... Married in the Netherlands

May 16, 2008 ... Entered USA

February 13, 2010 ... mailed I-751

February 16, 2010 ... 3.43 pm I-751 delivered

February 18, 2010 ... check cashed[/color]

February 24, 2010 ... received NOA dated 02/17/2010

March 4, 2010 ... received Bio letter

March 15, 2010 ... bio appointment

March 16, 2010 ... touch

May 12, 2010 ... card production ordered

June 1, 2010 ... card production ordered text message (again)

June 7, 2010 ... received green card

February 15, 2011 ... mailed N400

February 17, 2011 ... N400 delivered

February 18, 2011 ... check cashed

February 22, 2011 ... NOA dated

March 24, 2011 ... bio in Houston

May 20, 2011 ... interview San Antonio

June 30, 2011 ... oath ceremony Bryan

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.