lizandpat

Any Dutch/American couples??

1,881 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Mmhmm that is the number he called. It's the standard number they give you for pretty much anything. I've called it several times during our K1 application as well.

Now was this e-mail sent after you got a letter stating they were sending it off to CSC?

Yep...I got an email saying they'd transferred it to CSC...then a few days later I got the letter in the mail about the transfer. Then another 3-4 days later I got the email I put in the post above.

Yep and after that I even got a third e-mail stating the same.

Hope you hear something soon.

In the meantime, I received my green card today, so it is off to get a SSN tomorrow and once that is in, getting permission to start driving lessons I guess :wacko:

WOOHOO...congrats Peet!!! I'm sure the driving lessons won't be too bad..hehe!

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Filed: 02-12-2010

Recv'd in Chicago: 02-15-2010

Email Confirmation Recv'd: 02-23-2010

Online status available: 02-24-2010

Money Orders cashed: 02-24-2010 (Finally!!)

NOA1's (AOS/EAD) recv'd: 02-25-2010 (dated 02-23-2010)

"Touch" on AOS/EAD: 2-26-2010 (Biometrics maybe???)

Biometrics: 3-24-2010 Walk-in successful Biometrics completed 3-11-2010!!

CASE TRANSFERRED TO CSC - 3-10-2010 (WOOHOO!!)

"Touches" on AOS/EAD 3 days in a row! 3-10-10, 3-11-10 & 3-12-10!

Email from USCIS stating case rec'd at CSC - 3-17-10

Another touch on I-485! - 3-17-10

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

EAD card ordered: 04-29-2010 (FINALLY!!)

EAD card rec'd FINALLY! - 05/22/2010

Interview: N/A

Approved with green card ordered: 09-20-2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline

Yep...I got an email saying they'd transferred it to CSC...then a few days later I got the letter in the mail about the transfer. Then another 3-4 days later I got the email I put in the post above.

So frustrating.. I hope they just forgot to send us a notification and that we will hear something very soon. I'm getting a little stir crazy... the same thing basically happened for our K1 as well; it took much longer than it was supposed to to get Johnny over here, everyone before and after our date had gotten their visas long before he got his. :unsure:

I don't know if I'm just in a mood or if it's because I truly am tired of USCIS and all lack of communication on their part, but I feel like slapping someone in their office, anyone will do. Haha

Timeline

So frustrating.. I hope they just forgot to send us a notification and that we will hear something very soon. I'm getting a little stir crazy... the same thing basically happened for our K1 as well; it took much longer than it was supposed to to get Johnny over here, everyone before and after our date had gotten their visas long before he got his. :unsure:

I don't know if I'm just in a mood or if it's because I truly am tired of USCIS and all lack of communication on their part, but I feel like slapping someone in their office, anyone will do. Haha

I can understand the frustration... :angry: I'll hold them down for you...hehe! :devil:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

I can understand the frustration... :angry: I'll hold them down for you...hehe! :devil:

Same here, we aren't done with them either and some how I fear we are in for trouble, though I hope not.

So, throw in a few slaps from me :bonk:

Timeline

Same here, we aren't done with them either and some how I fear we are in for trouble, though I hope not.

So, throw in a few slaps from me :bonk:

I hope you don't have anymore problems, Peet!! They need to get your son's paperwork done already!

Btw...I've been meaning to ask you, have you started taking your photography classes yet?

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

Haha good, an excuse to smack them a few more times than normal. A few for Liz and a few for Peet. :D

Peet- I hope you don't run into any trouble with your sons case, though I can't see why you would; I'm sure they've sorted things out by now if you have completed the RFE

Timeline

Haha good, an excuse to smack them a few more times than normal. A few for Liz and a few for Peet. :D

Peet- I hope you don't run into any trouble with your sons case, though I can't see why you would; I'm sure they've sorted things out by now if you have completed the RFE

LOL...smack away, Lindsey! :bonk:

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Timeline

WOW! I don't check up on here for a few days and all of a sudden I see all the violence! I LOVE IT :D ha ha ha

Our Time Line

129-F

Lifting Conditions

2/19/2013 -- Sent I-751 to Vermont Service Center

2/21/2013 -- package received by VSC

2/27-2013 -- NOA-1

3/22/2013 -- Biometrics

Btw...I've been meaning to ask you, have you started taking your photography classes yet?

Yes :D

Had 3 and have two more to go I think?

It is confusing though, have the feeling I have to learn it all over and now I have to pay attention to technical stuff.

But it is fun.

Here is one I made an hour or so ago.

4445948002_66cd3bb09f_b.jpg

WOW! I don't check up on here for a few days and all of a sudden I see all the violence! I LOVE IT :D ha ha ha

LOL, yeah, we're an aggressive bunch :rofl:

Timeline

:rofl: We are a bit aggressive today aren't we?? :rofl: Darn USCIS! :devil::lol:

Yes :D

Had 3 and have two more to go I think?

It is confusing though, have the feeling I have to learn it all over and now I have to pay attention to technical stuff.

But it is fun.

Here is one I made an hour or so ago.

4445948002_66cd3bb09f_b.jpg

LOL, yeah, we're an aggressive bunch :rofl:

Oh wow...Peet...that's a gorgeous picture! I ask about the classes because I have been trying to find somewhere that I can go to take some. We have a bunch of colleges around here but they won't let you take JUST a photography class...you have to take the whole journalism degree program! :angry:

I love taking pictures and most times don't do a bad job but I want to learn more about it! Any suggestions?

Hugs, Liz

**AOS Timeline**

Touch on I-485 - 3-18-10

Oh wow...Peet...that's a gorgeous picture! I ask about the classes because I have been trying to find somewhere that I can go to take some. We have a bunch of colleges around here but they won't let you take JUST a photography class...you have to take the whole journalism degree program! :angry:

I love taking pictures and most times don't do a bad job but I want to learn more about it! Any suggestions?

The place I go to is a community college, this is a non-credit class and I am hoping to do this guys class on lighting also.

What I am doing now is very basic.

If that is where you run into problems, see if there is a good shop in the area that is totally focussed on photography. They usually give classes, for beginners and advanced.

So I don't mean Best Buy, or something, but one of those places that focus on photography and film, they usually have a website

Just google photography courses for beginners in your area.

Good luck, I found it is fun.

Timeline

Love the pics Peet...liked um in B&W and like em even better in color!

So, we finally got all the forms filled out for the AOS this weekend. Now I just have to take a copy of my tax stuff from last year. Hubby is calling several CS in the area to get prices. He won't need another medical...just the signature I think. Hope they don't try to rape our bank account! I will feel better once it is all in the mail to the USCIS already.

We went up to Solvang, Ca this weekend...a little Danish town. Funny how everyone thinks Dutch and Danish are the same thing here in the US. We got a few cool things...and then off to a little historic bar in the mountains...where I picked up a freaking deer tick. I was the only one NOT in shorts...and was wearing jeans...but I had to get attacked. Off to my doctor tomorrow. Sheesh!

Looking at a different house in Seguin, Tx now...nice on almost 7 acres. Hope we get it. Lots of work to do as there isn't even one tree or bush on that whole property! But...I am thinking of it as a clean slate. Well, we will see what happens.

Also went to that Dutch food store about 1.5 hrs from my house. Not worth the drive to go back when we can order online...but we got some good Dutch food. No frikendellen (sp?) though.

-Blu-(just updating y'all)

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Amsterdam

02-27-09: I-129F Sent

03-10-09: I-129F NOA1

06-10-09: I-129F NOA2

06-17-09: Rec'vd by NVC

06-18-09: STUCK IN NVC AP

06-25-09: FINALLY petition on it's way to the embassy

06-29-09: DHL delivered our packet to the embassy in Amsterdam

07-01-09: Rec'd Packet 3!!!!

08-01-09: Rec'd Packet 4

08-25-09: Interview date...APPROVED!!!!

12/12/09: Fiancee arrival date WOOOT!

02/20/10: Married and SOOOO happy!

04/20/10: Sent off AOS (finally!)

05/03/10: Rec'd AOS NOA1

Timeline

Congratulations on your sons GC Peet! I'm sure you are very relieved. Now if only Johnny could get his.. haha

Blu- I've noticed that too with people here in the US, we're an ignorant lot of people it would seem. We have a Dutch girl that works in a local cafe here and a table asked her if she were Danish, even though I knew right away that she was Dutch.

I absolutely hate frikendellen and am so glad they do not sell them here! Haha Johnny and his family used to eat them as a snack all the time in the Netherlands; I've tried them once or twice and they make me want to gag... Oh and Johnny told me what they were made out of; cow udder if you were wondering, that didn't help with my dislike for them. We've found several Dutch recipes online for vlaai and tiger bread, Johnny is trying to master the bread and already has mastered the vlaai. =]

don't have much time, just want to let you know Lindsey, you cant bake bread here the same way as in the Netherlands, we found out the hard way.

Flour is processed differently.

We have a bread maker and are adjusting US receipts to our taste.

Just adding all kinds of seeds to make it more grainy.

off to do other stuff now, be back later!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.